Author Topic: Army confident of destroying N. Korea with ballistic missiles at war  (Read 703 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's Army said Thursday it will be quick in totally destroying North Korea's front-line artillery systems in the event of a war on the peninsula.

In a report to the National Assembly, the Army presented a three-tier missile strike concept in the early stage of an armed conflict.

The weapon that will first be mobilized is a tactical surface-to-surface missile, called KTSSM and known as artillery killer.

"KTSSM-I will strike the enemy's tunnels with the 170-mm self-propelled howitzers and 240-mm multiple-rocket launch systems," it said during the regular parliamentary audit of the operation of the 490,000 troops.

Most of the North's artillery equipment, camouflaged and embedded, is deployed along the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and the coast of its border islands.

And KTSSM-II will be used to bomb SCUD missile facilities and 300-mm rocket launchers, it added.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2017/10/19/0301000000AEN20171019011200315.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline stephen50right

Re: Army confident of destroying N. Korea with ballistic missiles at war
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 05:06:33 am »
SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's Army said Thursday it will be quick in totally destroying North Korea's front-line artillery systems in the event of a war on the peninsula.

In a report to the National Assembly, the Army presented a three-tier missile strike concept in the early stage of an armed conflict.

The weapon that will first be mobilized is a tactical surface-to-surface missile, called KTSSM and known as artillery killer.

"KTSSM-I will strike the enemy's tunnels with the 170-mm self-propelled howitzers and 240-mm multiple-rocket launch systems," it said during the regular parliamentary audit of the operation of the 490,000 troops.

Most of the North's artillery equipment, camouflaged and embedded, is deployed along the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and the coast of its border islands.

And KTSSM-II will be used to bomb SCUD missile facilities and 300-mm rocket launchers, it added.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2017/10/19/0301000000AEN20171019011200315.html

If Fatboy fires a missile at Guam, they will get a live chance to test it.

But perhaps Fatboy won't be that stupid?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 05:09:00 am »
If Fatboy fires a missile at Guam, they will get a live chance to test it.

But perhaps Fatboy won't be that stupid?

They can shoot it over the Sea of Japan if DSP or SBRIS satellites determine the trajectory of the missile.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:10:00 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 05:21:20 am »
They can shoot it over the Sea of Japan if DSP or SBRIS satellites determine the trajectory of the missile.

I think regardless of the trajectory, if a missile is fired in the direction of Guam, we will attack North Korea with shock and awe. We are not going to wait to see if it falls harmlessly in the ocean.

We've all had enough of North Korea and they get worse by the day. Fatboy's regime of murder and terror needs to end, and the sooner the better.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 05:26:59 am »
I think regardless of the trajectory, if a missile is fired in the direction of Guam, we will attack North Korea with shock and awe. We are not going to wait to see if it falls harmlessly in the ocean.

We've all had enough of North Korea and they get worse by the day. Fatboy's regime of murder and terror needs to end, and the sooner the better.

We did not take action the first couple of times because we knew the trajectory of the missile. If the NK missile was on a direct apogee for Guam and it could be confirmed by NORAD(Peterson AFB) then action would be taken. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:28:27 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 05:32:45 am »
We did not take action the first couple of times because we knew the trajectory of the missile. If the NK missile was on a direct apogee for Guam and it could be confirmed by NORAD(Peterson AFB) then action would be taken.

We didn't take direct action the first couple times because it was Japan...and frankly, we should have.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 05:34:48 am »
We didn't take direct action the first couple times because it was Japan...and frankly, we should have.
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2017/10/20/indian-air-force-wants-out-of-fighter-program-with-russia

I agree with you. But those decisions are left with the brass at NORAD, Peterson AFB, the Pentagon and ultimately the POTUS.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:40:34 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:24 am »
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2017/10/20/indian-air-force-wants-out-of-fighter-program-with-russia

I agree with you. But those decisions are left with NORAD, Peterson AFB and ultimately the POTUS.

You're right, and Trump doesn't wish to wait until Fatboy has the capability of hitting our mainland, that is unacceptable.

We're going in to North Korea, if Fatboy doesn't fire at Guam, we will find another narrative, but we are going in.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 05:44:27 am »
You're right, and Trump doesn't wish to wait until Fatboy has the capability of hitting our mainland, that is unacceptable.

We're going in to North Korea, if Fatboy doesn't fire at Guam, we will find another narrative, but we are going in.

Trump must have been given a reason by his JCS the first two times not to do it. Trump is waiting.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:45:43 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 05:53:04 am »
Trump must have been given a reason by his JCS the first two times not to do it. Trump is waiting.

I agree with ya on that...and perhaps the reason was we just didn't have everything in place yet for a successful attack.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:56:10 am »
I agree with ya on that...and perhaps the reason was we just didn't have everything in place yet for a successful attack.

Exactly. You need to get your pieces on the chess board in place before you make the move. Reading the newswire it looks like they are getting close for a strike. The practicing among ROK troops and American Forces is getting more and more intense.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:57:55 am by DemolitionMan »