Author Topic: Rep. Frederica Wilson pledges not to comment any further on Gold Star widow's phone call with Trump  (Read 1606 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Frederica Wilson pledges not to comment any further on Gold Star widow's phone call with Trump
by Diana Stancy Correll | Oct 19, 2017, 5:44 PM

Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., says she will no longer comment on a Gold Star widow's phone call with President Trump after White House chief of staff John Kelly's emotional press briefing in which he criticized the lawmaker for politicizing the call.

"The congresswoman will not be making any further comment on the issue because the focus should be on helping a grieving widow and family heal, not on her or Donald Trump," Wilson's spokesperson said in a statement Thursday.

Trump told the widow of one of the four soldiers killed in Niger this month that her husband "knew what he signed up for ... but when it happens, it hurts anyway," Wilson recounted on Tuesday.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rep-frederica-wilson-pledges-not-to-comment-any-further-on-gold-star-widows-phone-call-with-trump/article/2638098
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course not.  She's already created the story that she wanted out there.  No further comment necessary.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Hopefully she heard what General Kelly had to say about her today. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hopefully she heard what General Kelly had to say about her today.

Surely you are joking?   No way in hell is she going to listen to that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Marc Caputo‏Verified account @MarcACaputo

"John Kelly's trying to keep his job. He will say anything," says @RepWilson in response to Trump's staff chief who ripped her for disclosing details of controversial call with soldier's widow. "There were other people who heard what I heard."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

"John Kelly's trying to keep his job. He will say anything," says @RepWilson in response to Trump's staff chief who ripped her for disclosing details of controversial call with soldier's widow. "There were other people who heard what I heard."

9999hair out0000

Offline DiogenesLamp

Of course not.  She's already created the story that she wanted out there.  No further comment necessary.

I saw someone asserting that her whole purpose was to detract attention from Trump's success in Iraq in defeating ISIS.   

As if the media was going to cover that anyway. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

And, of course, the author of the article is nice enough to remind us what the comment was.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Concerned

Good.  Hopefully both sides will shut up about this, move on, and start treating the Presidential notification process of Gold Star families with the respect and reverence that it deserves.  The last two days of Presidential comparisons, he said-she said, denials, counter-attacks, and dragging other Gold Star families into the fray have been truly heartbreaking to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

Good.  Hopefully both sides will shut up about this, move on, and start treating the Presidential notification process of Gold Star families with the respect and reverence that it deserves.  The last two days of Presidential comparisons, he said-she said, denials, counter-attacks, and dragging other Gold Star families into the fray have been truly heartbreaking to me.

I hope you’re not suggesting that it was a mistake for the president to make a phone call. I know if my family suffered that loss, receiving a call from the president would help reinforce the meaning of our sacrifice. A president is just as much a symbol of America as the flag is and patriotism is strongly woven into us.  And here we have the American President paying my family his respect and sharing for a few moments our loss. No, I feel it would help comfort us. Just as a priest would help comfort us and help answer other questions.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I hope you’re not suggesting that it was a mistake for the president to make a phone call. I know if my family suffered that loss, receiving a call from the president would help reinforce the meaning of our sacrifice. A president is just as much a symbol of America as the flag is and patriotism is strongly woven into us.  And here we have the American President paying my family his respect and sharing for a few moments our loss. No, I feel it would help comfort us. Just as a priest would help comfort us and help answer other questions.

@aligncare, I take you at your word that this would be comforting to you, but I do wonder - if it had been that feckless wonder, the Big 0, would you have been comforted by his call?  Would you have even taken his call?

Offline dfwgator

@aligncare, I take you at your word that this would be comforting to you, but I do wonder - if it had been that feckless wonder, the Big 0, would you have been comforted by his call?  Would you have even taken his call?

The only veteran family that Obama cared about was the Bergdahls.

Offline bilo

What a piece of garbage. If the Rats had any character they would be condemning her in droves, but they don't and won't.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

Oddly enough, I think yes. It sorts out like this. It’s not the man, it’s America and the office I have an emotional connection to.

I’m deeply impacted by that image of George Washington kneeling, bible in hand and waving flag superimposed on the background. So, yes even Obama would do.

I’m an immigrant as you know. Maybe that has something to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:21:11 am by aligncare »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oddly enough, I think yes. It sorts out like this. It’s not the man, it’s America and the office I have an emotional connection to.

I’m deeply impacted by that image of George Washington kneeling, bible in hand and waving flag superimposed on the background. So, yes even Obama would do.

Good answer.  Though mine would be the opposite.

Offline Concerned

I don't know what was said in this particular call; however, just as General Kelly recommended the President not make the calls, I would have done the same.  Unfortunately, the President does not come across to me as being overly empathetic, and I would fear that making these calls might have an undesirable and unintended effect on the grieving particularly in the current polarized environment. 

My real objection was to the politicization of the entire process by the President, the Congresswomen, and now, most sadly to me, by the President's Chief of Staff.  I think we desperately need to get out of this cycle and get back to treating this process with respect rather than as a political hot potato (which I really do find heartbreaking).  JMO.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:31:05 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline bilo

I’m an immigrant as you know. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Good for you! I would feel the same. If for no other reason than he at least made an effort.

As we see from how the Rats have responded to Gen Kelly's press conference they lack the character to recognize when someone who doesn't agree with them is trying to do the right thing. For the Rats anything that advances their radical leftism is okay. In this instance, trying to discredit Pres. Trump is okay regardless of how wrong it is because he doesn't support their ideology.

I highly recommend watching Gen. Kelly's press conference to get some perspective on this.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Meldrew

Ms. Wilson's rather full of herself, says "I'm a rock star now".  Video here -

https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/921170231447379968

I'll bet if you look up "assclown" in the dictionary, you'll see her picture. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:19:14 am by Meldrew »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Plus, people have dug into her record because of this and discovered that she consistently votes against rights and benefits for Veterans.  That's all over the net now.

She's made a fool of herself and she's trying to backtrack.  Too late, lady.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Good answer.  Though mine would be the opposite.

Maybe.  I would feel revulsion if that piece of crap Obama called and I hope I would have the courage to hang up on him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

I saw someone asserting that her whole purpose was to detract attention from Trump's success in Iraq in defeating ISIS. [/i]   

As if the media was going to cover that anyway.

Isn't Niger an obama war?.... Strange way to deflect.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This story is the leftist-democrat-communist "McGuffin of the week".
(apologies to Alfred Hitchcock)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Freaking rodeo clown
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.