Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty  (Read 12364 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2017, 05:09:59 pm »
One thing I want to say, is while I was kind of harsh on some of the women,  my real ire is directed at the actors and male Hollywood hotshots,   they knew.  And we have slime like Tarantino now whining that he should have done more........gee, ya think?

It's certainly a difficult and complicated situation.  What exactly can a person do?  Even now I have doubts that much of anything will change or that there will be any serious investigation and/or consequences for Weinstein.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2017, 05:11:39 pm »
It's certainly a difficult and complicated situation.  What exactly can a person do?  Even now I have doubts that much of anything will change or that there will be any serious investigation and/or consequences for Weinstein.

I wish Weinstein would sing and tell everything he knows,   it's the only way to save his soul.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2017, 05:13:06 pm »
It's certainly a difficult and complicated situation.   

No it isn't.  These "men" are either wusses, or took part in the misogyny. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2017, 05:26:19 pm »
No it isn't.  These "men" are either wusses, or took part in the misogyny.

Whatev.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2017, 06:22:11 pm »
One thing I want to say, is while I was kind of harsh on some of the women,  my real ire is directed at the actors and male Hollywood hotshots,   they knew.  And we have slime like Tarantino now whining that he should have done more........gee, ya think?

I'm in complete agreement with you there.   The men who enabled, encouraged, laughed about and covered up these crimes should be strung up.  No mercy.  They are despicable people, and I hope no one believes their excuses.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline cammie

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2017, 06:49:16 pm »
I know the women who have used the hashtag on my feed and they ALL have been assaulted. One at the age of three.

Don't make generalizations.

And I know women on my feed using the #metoo hashtag for things that are not sexual assault.  In two cases, not even harassment, just being p#ssed off at a man.

Don't consider your anecdotal evidence any more valid than mine.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:53:51 pm by cammie »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2017, 07:03:15 pm »
And I know women on my feed using the #metoo hashtag for things that are not sexual assault.  In two cases, not even harassment, just being p#ssed off at a man.

Don't consider your anecdotal evidence any more valid than mine.

Ummm............ I didn't.  YOU did.   :shrug:

(What's with all the defensiveness here?  This is clearly a conversation that needs to take place.  All sorts of misinformation bouncing about...... )

Just for the record, we have a daughter who works with the victims of sexual predators and trafficking.  Her information is much broader than anything that can be labeled "anecdotal."  The problem is real, and can't be dismissed cavalierly because of somebody's FB feed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:03:31 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2017, 07:24:24 pm »
I don't give a rat's ass about any of hollywood, frankly. It's filled with scumbags. What did you expect?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2017, 07:46:54 pm »
I don't give a rat's ass about any of hollywood, frankly. It's filled with scumbags. What did you expect?

It's the bigger issue that concerns me, not just Hollywood.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2017, 07:49:07 pm »
(What's with all the defensiveness here?  This is clearly a conversation that needs to take place.  All sorts of misinformation bouncing about...... )

Ever since Anita Hill and the "Every woman has a right to be believed" movement got going, life's been pretty tough for innocent people on the business end of an accusation of harassment.  It becomes pretty clear the reason for the complaint can be a refusal to promote somebody who thought she deserved it, or even the refusal to give up a parking spot that can lead to an accusation. 

What I've described here is a recipe for an imbalance of justice, and in a work environment where nobody has rights, the situation is created where the burden of proof has been reversed:  Find yourself accused and it's up to you to prove you're innocent.  Often one has to admit to the offense before one can even present a case.  That's why you are finding people on this thread being a bit defensive.  Hard lessons have been learned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2017, 08:02:06 pm »
Ever since Anita Hill and the "Every woman has a right to be believed" movement got going, life's been pretty tough for innocent people on the business end of an accusation of harassment.  It becomes pretty clear the reason for the complaint can be a refusal to promote somebody who thought she deserved it, or even the refusal to give up a parking spot that can lead to an accusation. 

What I've described here is a recipe for an imbalance of justice, and in a work environment where nobody has rights, the situation is created where the burden of proof has been reversed:  Find yourself accused and it's up to you to prove you're innocent.  Often one has to admit to the offense before one can even present a case.  That's why you are finding people on this thread being a bit defensive.  Hard lessons have been learned.

I don't think the discussion of rampant sexual abuse from those in power is mitigated by liars like Anita Hill.

People can respond with, yes, there are abuses coming from pseudo-victims without being personally defensive and pretending the reality of the situation isn't real.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2017, 08:17:10 pm »
I don't think the discussion of rampant sexual abuse from those in power is mitigated by liars like Anita Hill.

People can respond with, yes, there are abuses coming from pseudo-victims without being personally defensive and pretending the reality of the situation isn't real.

I can't disagree with that.  But I can't speak for anybody but myself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2017, 08:20:01 pm »
I can't disagree with that.  But I can't speak for anybody but myself.

Nor can I.  :laugh:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »
I am curious whether people equate his alleged rapes, assaults, and harassment, with his propositions, because he's an older, unattractive man.  At least one of the actresses interviewed has specifically mentioned his lack of attractiveness, and didn't say he forced himself on her.  Obviously, some women have married prosperous older men, so is it a crime for him to merely offer?

I ask, seriously, to gauge thoughts on the topic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:43:53 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2017, 08:43:44 pm »
I am curious whether people equate his alleged rapes, assaults, and harassment, with his propositions, because he's an older, unattractive man.  Obviously, some women have married prosperous older men, so is it a crime for him to merely offer?

You mean propositions to marry, or propositions to bed teen aged girls?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2017, 08:58:30 pm »
I am curious whether people equate his alleged rapes, assaults, and harassment, with his propositions, because he's an older, unattractive man.  At least one of the actresses interviewed has specifically mentioned his lack of attractiveness, and didn't say he forced himself on her.  Obviously, some women have married prosperous older men, so is it a crime for him to merely offer?

His age and looks do not enter into my opinion on the matter.  A mere offer with no recourse if the answer is "no" is fine, as long as the person asked is an adult.  An offer with the implication that careers will me made or broken is not fine.  Continuing to "offer" after an initial "no" answer is not fine.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2017, 09:01:29 pm »
His age and looks do not enter into my opinion on the matter.  A mere offer with no recourse if the answer is "no" is fine, as long as the person asked is an adult.  An offer with the implication that careers will me made or broken is not fine.  Continuing to "offer" after an initial "no" answer is not fine.

IOW, inject some common sense?  Stop that!
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »

Good response.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2017, 09:13:20 pm »
Good response.

I think so too.  Cuts through the BS and says it like it is about what's acceptable, and what's not.  The fellow who's the object of this story appears to have violated at least three of @RoosGirl's caveats.  Underaged gal (and guys), threats of retaliation and persistence.
I will NOT comply.

Offline chae

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2017, 09:22:24 pm »
@cammie

I used the #metoo on Facebook and as some people on here, such as @Cyber Liberty  can tell you, I was being harassed consistently by a gut at work, and it all boiled down to my breasts were too big for his liking.  I got fired because his minority (he was openly gay) trumped my minority (female).

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »
But...

There's plenty of Weinstein stories here to comment regarding that angle of the story.  I thought it more interesting that we have a Dem woman making the statement that certain victims were as much to blame as their attackers because of the way they dressed or acted. 

Imagine my surprise that we have men and women here agreeing with her.  I certainly understand that it has become a weapon for some women to falsely accuse men of inappropriate behavior, but y'all menfolk want to get your shorts in a bunch about something, get them in a bunch about what would have happened if a Repub man had said that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:02 pm »
@cammie

I used the #metoo on Facebook and as some people on here, such as @Cyber Liberty  can tell you, I was being harassed consistently by a gut at work, and it all boiled down to my breasts were too big for his liking.  I got fired because his minority (he was openly gay) trumped my minority (female).

I don't think many men have any idea how horrible it is for women to be harassed by men at their workplace.

Did you file a suit because you were fired?  Seems like you would win in ANY court in the land....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:21 pm »
@cammie

Yeah, that situation really pissed me off.  I couldn't do anything to help you out except tell you it's not your fault (It wasn't).  And, considering the guy's complaint about you, I naturally assumed he must be gay or something.   :shrug:

I hope you're doing something more to your liking now...
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:09 pm »
But...

There's plenty of Weinstein stories here to comment regarding that angle of the story.  I thought it more interesting that we have a Dem woman making the statement that certain victims were as much to blame as their attackers because of the way they dressed or acted. 

Imagine my surprise that we have men and women here agreeing with her.  I certainly understand that it has become a weapon for some women to falsely accuse men of inappropriate behavior, but y'all menfolk want to get your shorts in a bunch about something, get them in a bunch about what would have happened if a Repub man had said that.

There are no greater hypocrites than leftists (men or women) when it comes to actual rights for women (or blacks).

That's why Hollywood is such a glaring example of REAL sexism and racism.  And that's why the entire leftist cabal circle the wagons to protect them.

Obama and Clinton are good buddies with this gang, and they don't give a rip what happens to female children on set.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2017, 09:49:13 pm »

Weinstein wasn't offering these women/girls a marriage proposal @Suppressed  He wasn't even offering a dinner invitation. 

He never really asked anything .... because he made it known that "no" was not an option.

What Weinstein did was abuse his power in the most debased way humanly possible.  Don't confuse a girl's reluctant acceptance that he was holding her future in his hands with consent.