Author Topic: Please Make this Stop Mr. President!  (Read 2002 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Please Make this Stop Mr. President!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 01:46:30 pm »
This "incident" shouldn't even have to be explained at this point in time of Trump's presidency...but I'll explain it anyway so that the Trump bashers will fully understand that their wrath towards Trump is unwarranted in this matter.

First of all, we all know that Frederica Wilson is a bizarre leftist with blind hate for the Republican Party and white people. So of course her remarks about Trump are going to be nothing but spin and lies.

Most importantly, even Trump's opponents do say, that Trump in private is a consummate gentleman, one of the best. A businessman building magnificent buildings around the world could not possibly accomplish that feat without acting that way towards those he needs to influence to get the projects completed. This is also illustrated in the remarkably fine family that he has. Donald Trump would never be disrespectful to a fallen soldier's family in any way, shape, or form.

That being said, there is no doubt whatsoever that Trump was being kind and considerate to this person's aunt, who raised the fallen hero Sgt. La David T. Johnson.

Is there really any question that Johnson's aunt is a Democrat who loathes Donald Trump? Of course there is no question about that. She either took Trump's comments out of context, or spun his comments in a negative way, which frankly, is quite despicable on her part.

It is Frederica Wilson and Johnson's aunt who should be the ones called out on this, not Trump...for their obnoxious behavior of inciting a problem when none actually existed. Using a recently fallen hero for their political purposes...quite shameful.

It's issues like this that I don't like to comment too much on. We don't know if Trump said to this woman what he said.

This is one of those situations where if you like Trump you don't believe it and if you hate Trump you  believe it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 01:48:41 pm »

I try to debate and disagree over substance without personal attacks against the person disagreeing with me.  I'm not always successful, but I always try.  I encourage others to also.

Amen, brother/sister!

We've all virtually taken the same approach, if you've been on internet forums for any length of time.   

The 'a-holes' are usually discovered and dealt with.   ...until Donald Trump came along.

We all know...I sincerely HOPE we all know...that no other human being on the planet would be able to withstand the 24/7 Left's onslaught with complicit action of BOTH Mainstream and Social Media. 

AND the GOP and Washington Establishment.

His tweets are the Left's 'Kryptonite'.   That's a fact, Jack.

Use the heel of your boot on their neck, Mr. President.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:52 pm »
It's issues like this that I don't like to comment too much on. We don't know if Trump said to this woman what he said.

This is one of those situations where if you like Trump you don't believe it and if you hate Trump you  believe it

Point understood.

But I based my conclusion on facts known about Trump and Wilson, and conjecture regarding Johnson's aunt.

So there was some method to my madness.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »
It is Frederica Wilson and Johnson's aunt who should be the ones called out on this, not Trump...for their obnoxious behavior of inciting a problem when none actually existed. Using a recently fallen hero for their political purposes...quite shameful.

I have called out the Congresswoman AND the President.  It is the President who started this IMO by answering a simple question about dead soldiers in Niger with a comparison of what he does in talking to Gold Star families with past Presidents.  The question was about why the American people/media haven't heard from the President on deaths in Niger, and he turned it into a discussion of notifying the families and a comparison between what he does and what past President's did. The specific question was:  "Why haven't we heard anything from you so far about the soldiers that were killed in Niger?"  His answer was:

“I’ve written them personal letters.  They’ve been sent out or they’re going out tonight, but they were written during the weekend. I will at some point during the period of time call the parents, or the families. Because I have done that traditionally. I felt very, very badly about that. It’s the toughest call—the toughest calls I have to make are the calls where this happens. Soldiers are killed. It’s a very difficult thing. Now it gets to a point where you make four or five of them in one day, it’s very very tough. For me that’s the toughest.

The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls.  I like to call when it’s appropriate, when I think I’m able to do it. They have made the ultimate sacrifice, so generally I would say that I like to call. I’m going to be calling them. I like a little bit of time to pass.”

I've simply encouraged the President help the nation move on from this by him issuing a statement similar to what I proposed in the OP.  Instead, he has continued the back and forth, and continued to politicize this (as has the Congresswoman).

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/why-hasnt-trump-addressed-what-happened-in-niger/543054/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:10:56 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 02:17:33 pm »
I have called out the Congresswoman AND the President.  It is the President who started this IMO by answering a simple question about dead soldiers in Niger with a comparison of what he does in talking to Gold Star families with past Presidents.  The question was about why the American people/media haven't heard from the President on deaths in Niger, and he turned it into a discussion of notifying the families and a comparison between what he does and what past President's did. The specific question was:  "Why haven't we heard anything from you so far about the soldiers that were killed in Niger?"  His answer was:

“I’ve written them personal letters.  They’ve been sent out or they’re going out tonight, but they were written during the weekend. I will at some point during the period of time call the parents, or the families. Because I have done that traditionally. I felt very, very badly about that. It’s the toughest call—the toughest calls I have to make are the calls where this happens. Soldiers are killed. It’s a very difficult thing. Now it gets to a point where you make four or five of them in one day, it’s very very tough. For me that’s the toughest.

The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls.  I like to call when it’s appropriate, when I think I’m able to do it. They have made the ultimate sacrifice, so generally I would say that I like to call. I’m going to be calling them. I like a little bit of time to pass.”

I've simply encouraged the President help the nation move on from this by him issuing a statement similar to what I proposed in the OP.  Instead, he has continued the back and forth, and continued to politicize this (as has the Congresswoman).

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/why-hasnt-trump-addressed-what-happened-in-niger/543054/

In my view, your opening post has merit, except for the part about Trump apologizing. Trump went out of his way to call the aunt and express his condolences. Why should he have to apologize for that?

Why should Trump apologize for the despicable political behavior of Wilson and the aunt? It is Wilson and the aunt who need to apologize for politicizing the fallen hero Johnson who was a great American. He may have become a good Republican congressional leader one day. Sadly we shall never know.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »
In my view, your opening post has merit, except for the part about Trump apologizing. Trump went out of his way to call the aunt and express his condolences. Why should he have to apologize for that?

Why should Trump apologize for the despicable political behavior of Wilson and the aunt? It is Wilson and the aunt who need to apologize for politicizing the fallen hero Johnson who was a great American. He may have become a good Republican congressional leader one day. Sadly we shall never know.

So many are ASSUMING bad intentions on the part of the family.  I don't know what their intentions were, but I think the President of the United States should assume the positive (especially when the family is extremely emotional and in a time of emotional need).  The family needs and deserves the benefit of the doubt IMO especially absent proof of lack of sincerity. 

As such, he apologizes because he's willing to take the high road.  He apologizes because, although he didn't intend to, if he said something that they genuinely interpreted as disrespectful or offensive, he wants them to feel better.  He apologizes in an attempt to help his Administration and the entire nation move on from this unseemly discussion.  That's why IMO. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:26:16 pm by Concerned »

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2017, 02:41:04 pm »
So many are ASSUMING bad intentions on the part of the family.  I don't know what their intentions were, but I think the President of the United States should assume the positive (especially when the family is extremely emotional and in a time of emotional need).  The family needs and deserves the benefit of the doubt IMO especially absent proof of lack of sincerity. 

As such, he apologizes because he's willing to take the high road.  He apologizes because, although he didn't intend to, if he said something that they genuinely interpreted as disrespectful or offensive, he wants them to feel better.  He apologizes in an attempt to help his Administration and the entire nation move on from this unseemly discussion.  That's why IMO.

I understand your opinion on this...however the bottom line is basically guaranteed....Trump will not apologize about this...ain't gonna happen...and in my opinion, it shouldn't happen.

I could be wrong, and sorry if I am, but it seems as though you may be a fan of Obama. Obama basically never apologized for anything he did, especially his numerous attempts for eight years of trying to subvert our Constitution.

I feel bad for the hero Johnson, I sincerely do as I have great respect and strongly support our military. However one soldier does not equal the importance of protecting our Constitution, and Obama not only didn't want to protect our Constitution, he wished to tear it up.

Also, i don't recall Crooked Hillary apologizing for her incompetence and lack of caring about the 4 brave Americans who were killed in Benghazi. Did you call for an apology from her?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2017, 03:07:48 pm »
I understand your opinion on this...however the bottom line is basically guaranteed....Trump will not apologize about this...ain't gonna happen...and in my opinion, it shouldn't happen.

I could be wrong, and sorry if I am, but it seems as though you may be a fan of Obama. Obama basically never apologized for anything he did, especially his numerous attempts for eight years of trying to subvert our Constitution.

I feel bad for the hero Johnson, I sincerely do as I have great respect and strongly support our military. However one soldier does not equal the importance of protecting our Constitution, and Obama not only didn't want to protect our Constitution, he wished to tear it up.

Also, i don't recall Crooked Hillary apologizing for her incompetence and lack of caring about the 4 brave Americans who were killed in Benghazi. Did you call for an apology from her?

We're in complete agreement that the President won't apologize.  I just don't think he has it in him unfortunately.  We can certainly agree to disagree about whether he should or not.

I'm not sure how Hillary's incompetence or lack of caring has anything to do with this situation, but if the Benghazi families genuinely felt disrespected or took offense to something she said or her actions she took (or failed to take), of course she should have apologized to them.  JMO.

BTW -- One of the things I was really looking forward to with President Trump was "lock her up" so if you think I'm some Hillary supporter, you'd be wrong.  Unfortunately, Hillary has "suffered enough" according to the President.  Well, she hasn't as far as I'm concerned.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 03:53:12 pm »
We're in complete agreement that the President won't apologize.  I just don't think he has it in him unfortunately.  We can certainly agree to disagree about whether he should or not.

I'm not sure how Hillary's incompetence or lack of caring has anything to do with this situation, but if the Benghazi families genuinely felt disrespected or took offense to something she said or her actions she took (or failed to take), of course she should have apologized to them.  JMO.

BTW -- One of the things I was really looking forward to with President Trump was "lock her up" so if you think I'm some Hillary supporter, you'd be wrong.  Unfortunately, Hillary has "suffered enough" according to the President.  Well, she hasn't as far as I'm concerned.

I hear ya on the "lock her up" scenario. I think it was the second debate where Trump (paraphrase) said Hillary should be in prison. Hillary was prepared with scripted answers from her leftist handlers, but ya could tell by the look on her face after that Trump comment that she didn't expect that one, and her eyes were like a deer staring at oncoming car headlights. LOL

Offline Concerned

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2017, 05:44:31 pm »
The President drags the battle into a 6th day by tweeting the following this morning (the day Sgt. Johnson is being laid to rest):  "I hope the Fake News Media keeps talking about Wacky Congresswoman Wilson in that she, as a representative, is killing the Democrat Party!"