Author Topic: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17  (Read 976 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17
« on: October 19, 2017, 07:56:05 pm »
John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

I strongly encourage watching the entire 18 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5ttDzWBaY
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
I watched it live...crying....very emotional especially coming from him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:39 pm »
I watched it live...crying....very emotional especially coming from him

That video should be required viewing for a few here that are too quick to speak on topics they cannot understand, since they didn't GET TO serve our country.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »
That video should be required viewing for a few here that are too quick to speak on topics they cannot understand, since they didn't GET TO serve our country.

Of course you know that both hubby and son served...My brother and late sil are gold star parents..their son Philip died in a Navy training exercise several years ago..I along with the Navy officer assigned to the family arranged all the funeral arrangements as my brother and sil were too distraught. An experience I will never forget!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »
My first time hearing Gen. Kelly. I came away very impressed by his forthright demeanor. Strong, honorable professionals like Kelly is why our military is so great.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »
General Kelly earned my respect today. He is a good man.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 08:48:55 pm »
Of course you know that both hubby and son served...My brother and late sil are gold star parents..their son Philip died in a Navy training exercise several years ago..I along with the Navy officer assigned to the family arranged all the funeral arrangements as my brother and sil were too distraught. An experience I will never forget!

So sorry for your family. Semper Fi.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 08:52:14 pm »
There are thousands of stories about such men out there and sadly most know much more about the Kardasians than they do about them!

http://www.cmohs.org/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:01:19 pm »
There are thousands of stories about such men out there and sadly most know much more about the Kardasians than they do about them!

http://www.cmohs.org/

Technology and advanced armaments are certainly important to a modern military, but it’s men and women like Gen. Kelly that are gold. It’s they who win battles. It’s they whom we honor.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:44 pm »
 Marc Caputo‏Verified account @MarcACaputo

"John Kelly's trying to keep his job. He will say anything," says @RepWilson in response to Trump's staff chief who ripped her for disclosing details of controversial call with soldier's widow. "There were other people who heard what I heard."
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 09:34:44 pm »
I know well, that your is a military family. Thank all of them, for their service

So is mine dating to the Revolution of before. And virtually every generation along the way. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

General Kelly Speaks at the WH Press Briefing: October 19, 2017 (Video)
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:57 pm »
General Kelly Speaks at the WH Press Briefing:  October 19, 2017 (Video)
CNN, Oct 19, 2017, YouTube

General Kelly talks about the President's phone call and Niger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxsCyS6Y8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxsCyS6Y8U

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:14:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: General Kelly Speaks at the WH Press Briefing: October 19, 2017
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 09:48:23 pm »
Kelly defends Trump’s call to Gold Star widow
NY Post, Oct 19, 2017, Bob Frederiks

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly on Thursday gave a powerful defense of President Trump’s handling of a call to a Gold Star widow of a soldier who was killed in Niger — and ripped a Florida lawmaker for politicizing the issue.

“There’s no perfect way to make that phone call,” he said in his first public comments on the controversy over the call, which slain Sgt. La David Johnson’s mother Cowanda Jones-Johnson and a Florida lawmaker who knew him called disrespectful.

“If you’ve never worn the uniform, if you’ve never been in combat, you can’t even imagine how to make that call but I think he very bravely does make those calls.”

Kelly, who lost his marine lieutenant son in Afghanistan, said he advised Trump not to make the calls because it was so difficult to deliver such a tragic message.

But the president, he said, insisted that he thought it was the right thing to do.

”He said to me, ‘What do I say?’ ‘I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,” he said. He then said a military friend had told him how he handled the calls, and he shared the advice with the president.

More: http://nypost.com/2017/10/19/kelly-defends-trumps-call-to-gold-star-widow/ 

Offline truth_seeker

Re: General Kelly Speaks at the WH Press Briefing: October 19, 2017
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 09:56:05 pm »
Kelly made a very important point:

Americans enjoy their freedoms and prosperity thanks to a small percent that serve in uniform. Fewer than 1% of our current population are on active military duty.

WWII was a lot different. About 10% of our population served in military uniform, then.

Growing up when I did, almost everybody's Dad was a vet. Next many of us were drafted, or volunteered.

Does it sometimes piss me off, that many "take for granted," the benefits that OTHERS sacrificed for? YES.

Re: General Kelly Speaks at the WH Press Briefing: October 19, 2017 (Video)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 10:20:54 pm »
GEN. KELLY: “I Walked Around Arlington National Cemetery” To Calm Down After Dem Rep.’s Criticism of POTUS
Gateway Pundit, Oct 19, 2017, Joshua Caplan

General John Kelly revealed to reporters during Thursday’s White House press briefing that he visited Arlington National Cemetery to collect his thoughts after hearing Democrat Rep. Wilson criticism of President Trump’s phone call to Gold Star widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson.

“Kelly said he walked around Arlington National Cemetery to collect his thoughts after hearing the Democrat lawmakers’ criticism of President Trump’s call.

More: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/gen-kelly-walked-around-arlington-national-cemetery-collect-thoughts-hearing-dem-rep-s-criticism-potus-video/

Offline bilo

Re: General Kelly Speaks at the WH Press Briefing: October 19, 2017 (Video)
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 12:07:30 am »
After listening to Gen. Kelly's comments and wiping my eyes a couple times I find not watching the NFL anymore so easy. He put the man's death in perspective and the leftist media owes everyone an apology for even listening to that dim bulb congresswoman let alone reporting what she was saying.

My respect for Pres. Trump has gone up because of his desire to talk with the Gold Star family members and for consulting Gen. Kelly before doing so.

I wonder if any of the people who voted for congresswoman wilson regret it now. What a piece of trash.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 12:01:44 pm »
TTTT