Author Topic: Families of Fallen Have Mixed Experiences With Trump, If Any  (Read 1152 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Families of Fallen Have Mixed Experiences With Trump, If Any
« on: October 19, 2017, 04:58:51 pm »
Thursday, 19 Oct 2017 10:50 AM

Some got sympathy and solace. Some got silence. One got a promise of cash.

Relatives of people who died in military service have recounted varied interactions with President Donald Trump in the difficult days and weeks after their loved one's death. Despite Trump's boast that he reaches out personally to all families of the fallen, interviews with families members did not support his claim. Some never heard from him at all, and a few who did came away more upset.

The Associated Press reached out to the families of all 43 people who have died in military service since Trump became president and made contact with about half the families. Of those who would address the question, relatives of nine said they had heard from Trump by phone or mail. Relatives of nine others said they haven't.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trump-fallen-families/2017/10/19/id/820790/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Families of Fallen Have Mixed Experiences With Trump, If Any
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:35:43 pm »
His crass, loutish behavior is more than insignificant, when it comes to pain to families of the fallen.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:43:33 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:13:53 pm »
If you are still holding on to criticism against Pres. Trump for the fallen soldier ‘incident’, you should at least listen to the Gen. Kelly press conference as he blasted the lies Congresswoman Wilson and her accomplices in the hate Trump media put out.

And if you are interested in fairness, just know that Donald Trump years before running for President had often visited gold star families, and as a private citizen made veterans health care a priority with donations, charity benefits, and even saving the NYC Veterans Day Parade from extinction on its 50th Anniversary.

Does that sound like a man who would disrespect a fallen soldier’s family? Or do you side with the congresscreep’s lies?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/us/politics/john-kelly-son-trump.html

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:21:42 pm »
When did the families of the fallen start expecting a personal call from the commander-in-chief?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:23:17 pm »

The Associated Press reached out to the families of all 43 people who have died in military service since Trump became president and made contact with about half the families.

Do we suppose the AP "reached out" to find the Truth?  Or to develop a basis to criticize Trump?

Did the AP follow up on each and every death during the Obama administration?

I wonder why half the families elected to not make contact?

Would they have said "eff the media" which will twist what we say?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online berdie

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:43:39 am »
When did the families of the fallen start expecting a personal call from the commander-in-chief?

That is my question. In the past I believe they got letters.

I really think Trump is unbelievably tactless..not intentionally hurtful. Not in this instance.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 01:14:20 am »
That is my question. In the past I believe they got letters.

I really think Trump is unbelievably tactless..not intentionally hurtful. Not in this instance.

I take it you didn’t see the Gen. Kelly press conference this afternoon? If you had you might rethink that.

In my experience the only people who believe Donald Trump is not a gracious man are liberal Democrats and nevers.

Online berdie

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 01:27:45 am »
I take it you didn’t see the Gen. Kelly press conference this afternoon? If you had you might rethink that.

In my experience the only people who believe Donald Trump is not a gracious man are liberal Democrats and nevers.

I did see Gen. Kelly's press conference. He did an excellent job.

I am neither a liberal or a "never". But I also believe he says some very clumsy things. It is his way. He may be gracious...I don't know. You may have had personal experience and know first hand?@aligncare

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 02:06:16 am »
I did see Gen. Kelly's press conference. He did an excellent job.

I am neither a liberal or a "never". But I also believe he says some very clumsy things. It is his way. He may be gracious...I don't know. You may have had personal experience and know first hand?@aligncare

Trump’s personality, pre-presidency, was never particularly an issue with anybody. I’ve heard accounts from people who know him 30 years. Trump is none of the things the media is saying  about him. In fact, he’s the exact opposite. He listens carefully to advisers, he doesn’t hate women, gays, Latinos, blacks, he is intelligent (though you wouldn’t know it hearing him speak), he does read a lot, he does shoot mid 70s golf (below par when he was younger), he is gracious, and privately generous.

But public trashing of politicians is built into politics and his personality was ripe for political lampooning and caricaturization.

Online berdie

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 02:59:21 am »
I appreciate your answer.

Of course no one cared about his personality prior to election, why would they? He may be all the things you say or what you have heard. But he is also President of the United States and might need to watch his words a little more carefully.

As you stated...he is prime for characterization...why hand anyone more ammunition?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 07:54:17 am »

As the article says, after military casualty officers are telling them that.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 07:59:01 am »
Trump’s personality, pre-presidency, was never particularly an issue with anybody. I’ve heard accounts from people who know him 30 years. Trump is none of the things the media is saying  about him.

This is one of the most laughable things I've read at TBR.

Do you know people who've have business dealings with him? I do.  I'm from NY, and he's not new to us.

Yes, some of the specific things you cited are true...he will sometimes listen to advisors, for example.  But many of the other things cited by the media are also true.

To be fair, I do think that part of what we're seeing is degradation from age. He used to be more articulate.
+++++++++

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 08:44:19 am »
I appreciate your answer.

Of course no one cared about his personality prior to election, why would they? He may be all the things you say or what you have heard. But he is also President of the United States and might need to watch his words a little more carefully.

As you stated...he is prime for characterization...why hand anyone more ammunition?

I guess my best answer to your question is encompassed in two proverbs. A leopard can’t change its spots and, fortune favors the bold.

Whatever one thinks of Donald Trump he is very successful in life. Successful people, captains of industry, big entrepreneurs, share certain characteristics. They take chances and they don’t give up should they fail.

Trump took two actions in the 1980s that resulted in his losing a billion dollars after the 1990 real estate crash. That sent his company in to debt and negative net worth. But by 1997 he made it all back and then some.

You know, people love to tell Pres. Trump how he’s doing it all wrong, how he should or should not have said this or that. I hear that on the radio all the time. That’s all well and good, except usually they are wrong and Trump, by his track record, ends up being the one that is right.

If people would put aside their political hate for one moment they would find that Donald Trump is really quite a remarkable person. And he is winning for conservatives.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 09:17:18 am »
Trump’s personality, pre-presidency, was never particularly an issue with anybody. I’ve heard accounts from people who know him 30 years. Trump is none of the things the media is saying  about him. In fact, he’s the exact opposite. He listens carefully to advisers, he doesn’t hate women, gays, Latinos, blacks, he is intelligent (though you wouldn’t know it hearing him speak), he does read a lot, he does shoot mid 70s golf (below par when he was younger), he is gracious, and privately generous.

But public trashing of politicians is built into politics and his personality was ripe for political lampooning and caricaturization.

Not only are his golf scores in the mid 70’s now, but the very first time he ever played golf, he shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one.

He started walking when he was 3 weeks old and could talk at 8 weeks, started driving at the age of 3, authored a staggering 1,500 books in less than three years and also composed six full operas that were better than any in the history of music.

In 2000, he invented a brand new sandwich, a grilled patty of ground meat and named it “double bread with meat.”

He also does not defecate and at the moment of his birth, a new star formed and illuminated the sky -- the seasons suddenly changed from winter to spring and a double rainbow appeared.

:tongue2:

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 12:20:57 pm »
Not only are his golf scores in the mid 70’s now, but the very first time he ever played golf, he shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one.

He started walking when he was 3 weeks old and could talk at 8 weeks, started driving at the age of 3, authored a staggering 1,500 books in less than three years and also composed six full operas that were better than any in the history of music.

In 2000, he invented a brand new sandwich, a grilled patty of ground meat and named it “double bread with meat.”

He also does not defecate and at the moment of his birth, a new star formed and illuminated the sky -- the seasons suddenly changed from winter to spring and a double rainbow appeared.

:tongue2:

You forgot how much he reads.  He's read the first page of every book in his library.
+++++++++

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 03:16:23 pm »

Wow, sounds just like North Korea's past few leaders, too!  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 04:51:56 pm »
Except, with Trump, it’s true.