Author Topic: The U.S. Army's New Mission: Crush North Korea in a War  (Read 2699 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

The U.S. Army's New Mission: Crush North Korea in a War
« on: October 19, 2017, 03:44:03 am »
Kris Osborne

US Army war-planners and weapons developers have been intensifying efforts to fast-track networking technologies designed to potentially counter or destroy a North Korean ground invasion – by better enabling soldiers to operate underground in tunnel complexes and in dense urban environments.

While Army innovators and entities such as the service’s Rapid Equipping Force consistently look to address fast-emerging threat scenarios, the prospect of major ground war on the Korean peninsula has, quite naturally, taken on increased urgency in recent months, service weapons developers told Scout Warrior.“We have been looking at Korean peninsula ops,” Col. John Lanier Ward, REF Director, told Scout Warrior in an interview.

As might be expected, this threat scenario has a particular impact upon Army units such as the REF – who exist to identify pressing soldier combat needs, quickly create requirements and work closely with industry and Army program developers to identify quick-turn, often interim technologies able to have an immediate impact.Preparing for tunnel and urban combat against North Korea is, without question, not something to be seen as entirely new or recent. However, while specifics of military options for North Korea are naturally not being discussed by Pentagon war planners, many observers, analysts and experts are talking about various threat contingencies, combat scenarios and military strike possibilities.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-armys-new-mission-crush-north-korea-war-22774
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The U.S. Army's New Mission: Crush North Korea in a War
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 03:57:48 am »
Shit. I better trade in my new Galaxy 8 for an Iphone. Samsung tech support might be nonexistent soon.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:03:19 am »
Shit. I better trade in my new Galaxy 8 for an Iphone. Samsung tech support might be nonexistent soon.

They have satellite phones. You can make a call from anywhere on the planet. It is a little expensive though.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:13:02 am »
They have satellite phones. You can make a call from anywhere on the planet. It is a little expensive though.

I am attempting the Challenger Deep next month.  Do you think a satellite phone would work from that kind of depth?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:15:06 am »
I am attempting the Challenger Deep next month.  Do you think a satellite phone would work from that kind of depth?

Sorry I cannot help you there. But purchasing a phone can help.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 04:15:59 am »
Sorry I cannot help you there. But purchasing a phone can help.

Help me get to the bottom of Challenger Deep?  I'm going to have to research that!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 04:32:00 am »

Make sure the phone is splash proof for that trip. Might get damp.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 04:36:19 am »
I will look into it and will give you my research.

That's really just the nicest thing.  Thank you!

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 04:37:14 am »
Help me get to the bottom of Challenger Deep?  I'm going to have to research that!

There is not phone. That is a submarine.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 04:37:40 am »
That's really just the nicest thing.  Thank you!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 04:39:15 am »

Yeah, that's right.  You suggested that a satellite phone would work from anywhere on earth and I thought it might help with my trip to Challenger Deep.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 04:41:13 am »
Yeah, that's right.  You suggested that a satellite phone would work from anywhere on earth and I thought it might help with my trip to Challenger Deep.

It may work in the water. Some satellite phones work in the water but not deep water.

http://www.groundcontrol.com/Iridium_Extreme_9575.htm
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:43:02 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 04:43:59 am »
It may work in the water. Some satellite phones work in the water

http://www.groundcontrol.com/Iridium_Extreme_9575.htm

So, where do you hail from, DemolitionMan?  Originally I mean?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:46:13 am »
So, where do you hail from, DemolitionMan?  Originally I mean?

Its none of your business. If the mods want the answers to that question they ask me. Not some a total stranger.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:47:44 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 04:47:33 am »
Its none of your business. If the mods want the answers to that questions I can they ask me. Not some a total stranger.

Touchy touchy.  I was just trying to be friendly.  I doubt the mods care.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 04:50:04 am »
Its none of your business. If the mods want the answers to that question they ask me. Not some a total stranger.

Holy shit. That's a touch defensive. Are you currently doing a dime at Lompoc or freezing your ass off in Moscow? If you are I can see your irritation at the question.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 04:51:30 am »
Is it one of the old Soviet Block countries?  I'm right aren't I?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 04:52:00 am »
Touchy touchy.  I was just trying to be friendly.  I doubt the mods care.
@RoosGirl

Hmmm...Grasp of the English language and composition is sketchy...have you latched on to a possible troll or mole?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 04:54:42 am »
@DemolitionMan

It's all of our business, not just the mods.  We're all members of this site, the mods don't "rule" here like some Soviet state.

If you're legit, you'll relax.

If not, you'll act like an ass.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 04:54:57 am »
@RoosGirl

Hmmm...Grasp of the English language and composition is sketchy...have you latched on to a possible troll or mole?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 05:00:52 am »
@DemolitionMan

It's all of our business, not just the mods.  We're all members of this site, the mods don't "rule" here like some Soviet state.

If you're legit, you'll relax.

If not, you'll act like an ass.

Again, if you have a problem ask a mod or take it the Boxing Ring. i am only here to post.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:01:58 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 05:05:06 am »
Again, if you have a problem ask a mod or take it the Boxing Ring. i am only here to post.
@DemolitionMan...are you really?

I'm not some elementary school child who needs a mod to intervene.  Are you?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 05:11:16 am »
@DemolitionMan...are you really?

I'm not some elementary school child who needs a mod to intervene.  Are you?

I have nothing to say to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 05:11:32 am »

This isn't some college dissertation where we all sit quietly and listen to you drone on about some topic. We interact at this forum. You either are having a hard time grasping that or your Google translator is letting you down with appropriate responses to our questions.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 05:12:43 am »
This isn't some college dissertation where we all sit quietly and listen to you drone on about some topic. We interact at this forum. You either are having a hard time grasping that or your Google translator is letting you down with appropriate responses to our questions.

I do not answer to people like you who do not debate.  You like to destroy and make peoples lives miserable,
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:18:06 am by DemolitionMan »