Author Topic: McConnell donors weigh switching to Bannon  (Read 556 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell donors weigh switching to Bannon
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »
 McConnell donors weigh switching to Bannon

The Breitbart chief barnstorms the country in search of cash to fund his project to primary Republican senators.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

10/18/2017 05:06 AM EDT

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon flew to Atlanta last week to huddle with Republican megadonor Bernie Marcus — and to hear him vent.

A Home Depot co-founder who's been one of the most prolific givers to Senate Republicans, Marcus fumed to Bannon for hours about the lack of return on his investment. In the past six months alone, Marcus has funneled $2 million to a super PAC aligned with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and tens of thousands more to the National Republican Senatorial Committee — only to watch the Senate fail again and again.

Over the past several weeks, Bannon has crisscrossed the country meeting with dozens of the party’s biggest contributors — all in the hopes of capitalizing on their anger at McConnell. The populist bomb-thrower wants donors to bankroll primary challenges against Republican incumbents, or, short of that, to close their wallets to McConnell-aligned causes.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/18/bannon-mcconnell-republican-donors-243871?lo=ap_e1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: McConnell donors weigh switching to Bannon
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:50:36 pm »
"There is also concern in the donor world that having Bannon-aligned outsiders in the Senate Republican Conference would make it harder, not easier, to reach consensus on legislation."

Consensus?

Like the consensus they've given us on Repealing the ACA? And more?

Consensus to continue sitting on their own thumbs?

"Others have reacted coolly to the idea, reluctant to go after lawmakers just as the tax reform fight is about to begin. "

So they can sidestep the tax reform issue just like they've ignored the ACA.

I've had a bellyful of their sell out consensus.

Most of them need to be taken out in a primary yesterday.

I'd love to see a Coup de GOP.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:51:58 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:01:21 pm »
"There is also concern in the donor world that having Bannon-aligned outsiders in the Senate Republican Conference would make it harder, not easier, to reach consensus on legislation."

Consensus?

"Others have reacted coolly to the idea, reluctant to go after lawmakers just as the tax reform fight is about to begin. "

To begin with there is  not a drop of actual "reform" in the current proposal.  There is only yet more tinkering aroud the edges of the Marxist income tax. 

And I seriously doubt that  even that will make it to the president's desk.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 02:18:29 am »

Consensus?

:amen:  :amen: and again  :amen:

Enough is enough. I won't vote for or send campaign contributions to any Pub that can't be relied on. It's time to make them pay a price for lying and cheating.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 03:28:13 am »
:amen:  :amen: and again  :amen:

Enough is enough. I won't vote for or send campaign contributions to any Pub that can't be relied on. It's time to make them pay a price for lying and cheating.

I came to that conclusion a long time ago, nor will I contribute to the NRSC or the RNC.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.