Author Topic: NFL to allow players to kneel during anthem without penalty  (Read 1474 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NFL to allow players to kneel during anthem without penalty
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:44:07 am »
NFL to allow players to kneel during anthem without penalty
By Josh Delk - 10/17/17 09:06 PM EDT

The NFL will continue allowing players to kneel during the national anthem at games, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday, according to Reuters.   

“We spent today talking about the issues that our players have been trying to bring attention to. About issues in our communities to make our communities better,” Goodell said at a news conference following a meeting between officials and team owners in New York.

The meeting included officials from the NFL and the NFL Player's Association, as well as 11 team owners and 13 NFL players who have protested during the national anthem.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/355944-nfl-to-continue-to-let-players-kneel-during-national-anthem-without
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: NFL to allow players to kneel during anthem without penalty
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:45:12 am »
Not one set a balls among the owners and I don't mean footballs......football is not watched in this house.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:47:52 am »
I'm happy with this decision!  Maybe they will figure it out when they are all back in the hood runnin dope and pimpin for a living!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:48:30 am »
I don't care.  I'm not watching anyway.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:59:35 am »
Not one set a balls among the owners and I don't mean footballs......football is not watched in this house.

Nor in mine.

I was hoping that the players would go on strike and they would bring in scrubs to play.  No such luck I guess.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 02:22:09 am »
There will be a penalty, it just won't come from the league.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:35:27 am »
The NFL just can't seem to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

I'd rather watch replacement players who love our country and work hard at their sport...than these kneeling SOB's.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:42:38 am »

I'm pretty sure the decision was to not broadcast the players during the anthem.
They can kneel, or moon the crowd, or stand on their heads. It won't matter because no one will see it anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 03:22:33 am »
I'm pretty sure the decision was to not broadcast the players during the anthem.
They can kneel, or moon the crowd, or stand on their heads. It won't matter because no one will see it anyway.

Those remaining paying customers in the stadium will see it.  I wonder how many times they will take a finger poked in their eye before they quit being paying customers.  With what tickets cost these days, I dont see paying a hundred dollars a seat (or more) to be insulted for very long.
God is still in control

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:12:24 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/17/in-case-you-missed-it-the-nfl-might-have-just-caved-on-the-anthem-protests/
In Case You Missed It, the NFL Might Have Caved on a Lot More Than Just the Anthem Protests
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 02:24:56 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/17/in-case-you-missed-it-the-nfl-might-have-just-caved-on-the-anthem-protests/
In Case You Missed It, the NFL Might Have Caved on a Lot More Than Just the Anthem Protests
From that story:
... "We spent today talking about the issues that our players have been trying to bring attention to, about issues in our communities to make our communities better. I think we all agree there’s nothing more important than getting back into our communities and trying to make our communities better. That was the entire focus today,” Goodell said.
Hey, Rog, how about making commnities better by cracking down on NFL players who assault women?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 02:57:00 pm »
Those remaining paying customers in the stadium will see it.

And the photos will be all over Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, etc, etc, etc.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 03:02:46 pm »
I propose selling your tickets to the hoodrats and let them attend the games.  This is obviously the element the NFL now wants to cater to.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 02:38:27 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 02:43:25 am »
Marouanne Fellaini, Manchester United, Belgium National Team:

That's CK's separated at birth mate; if one found the correct pictures.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 01:20:55 pm »
Former Pittsburgh Steelers Player Rocky Bleier: NFL A Workplace, Not a Platform
By Alan Olson
Wheeling (WV) Intelligencer
Oct. 18, 2017
WHEELING — Former Pittsburgh Steelers great Rocky Bleier had a message Wednesday for NFL players who kneel during the national anthem as a form of protest.  ...

"All you have to do is establish that this is a workplace. That’s all this is, is a workplace,” Bleier said. “Not a platform for any of this stuff. I’m not talking about their (First) Amendment rights. You can protest, you can do whatever, but not in the workplace. … They don’t understand what a workplace is. We don’t have protests in the workplace.

“If you want to picket outside, whatever that might be, but don’t suit up and take the knee.”   ...
Rest of story

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:56:18 pm by mountaineer »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
We are watching an historic dissolution of what was once a favorite past-time of people of this country.

Few times has a business chosen voluntarily to lose its customers and shrink into obscurity with such emphasis.

What must be asked is why now?  One only has to determine the common denominator in who is causing this?  Hmm. perhaps BLM rings a bell? 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 01:40:08 pm »
Goodell is a spineless weasel and worm.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 02:04:54 pm »
Black conservative commentator Mychal Massie posted on Facebook:
I’M GLAD PATTON AND PERSHING WEREN'T LIKE ROGER GOODELL

So let me get this correct. NFL players are strictly forbidden under penalty of fine and/or suspension from grabbing their crotches, mimicking ghetto behavior in the end zone, wearing special football shoes that memorialized 9/11 and breast cancer awareness – but commissioner Roger Goodell, tepidly says “the NFL will encourage players to stand for the National Anthem but not force them to stand.” To which he adds, that “they should stand for the Anthem.”

I’m glad Patton, Pershing, McArthur, Eisenhower, and George Washington didn’t display the papier mache cojones Goodell has. Maybe we should have him talk to North Korea, after all look at the sterling job he has done in this instance. Sarcasm intended.

That said, I do not understand what is so difficult. The first time last season the ‘half-a-Jihadi wannabe” Colin Kaepernick kneeled, the league should have said: “Do it again and it’s going to cost you.” Then Goodell should have sent a strict straightforward letter that such behavior would not be condoned and if any players felt compelled to disrespect the Flag and National Anthem to do it on their own time and to in no way involve the NFL or it’s sponsors. The owners should have doubled down on said directive. The so-called protest would have been over in a week or two. Kaepernick and the harridan Egyptian he calls his girlfriend who has all but destroyed his career, could take his remaining money and head to Egypt or some other freedom hating country.

I’ve said before that the players were being applauded for being functionally illiterate and I stand by my words without hesitation or apology. They are exampling the poor education the majority of them received in the low-performing public schools they attended.

There are only two reasons for kneeling: 1) to show respect and adulation; 2) to surrender and show subjugation. So for which of the two reasons are these geniuses kneeling? Yes, apparently it’s true that common sense doesn’t apply to stupidity.

It will probably be forever before I watch a football game again. At the very least they will be handing out insulated blankets in hell because it had frozen over. That said I refuse to watch any football programming at all; I change the channel when a commercial comes on for football.

But back to Goodell. Is he afraid the league hasn’t lost enough money yet or has the league secretly availed itself of an insurance policy that insures them against revenue losses born out of disrespect for America and her citizenry? Or is it that Goodell is afraid to have the “Afro-mericans” running off the reservation? Is it easier to allow the inmates to run the asylum than it is to represent themselves in accordance with the self-ascribed moniker of America’s national pastime?

These geniuses are complaining about America being unfair when it is only in America can they cost their league, their sponsors, and networks massive amounts of money because of their bad behavior and not be shot or imprisoned. Do they think this would work in Cuba, North Korea, or some Arab country?

Some years ago I spent the Fourth of July with the Iraqi National Soccer Team watching laser light show and just hanging laughing and having a great time. The Iraqi Olympic Committee including the Iraqi Football (soccer) Association had at one time been under Uday Hussein’s control. As they say apples, or perhaps better put in this instance, figs do not fall far from the tree.

I vividly remember the stories we were told how Uday Hussein had tortured and imprisoned members of the team for losing in 2000. Maybe these NFL players would comport themselves better if that were the Sword of Damocles hanging over their heads.

But it isn’t. They continue to get paid massive amounts of money, which they will have squandered and/or mismanaged, and according to Forbes Magazine will result in 80 percent of them being completely broke within three years after they retire.

They should be on their knees. They should be on their knees thanking God they live in America; so when they go broke and aren’t eligible for a pension because they hadn’t played long enough, they can get the taxpayers who built their stadiums and paid their salaries to pay for their welfare, food stamps, and medical bills.

As for Goodell. He is proof of the old adage that: “stupid people never fully realize how truly stupid they are, thus the reason they’re called stupid.” Does he really think his appeasing black rabble-rousers, many of whom would be in jail if they weren’t playing football, (notwithstanding statistics show that every seven days a pro-football player is arrested), is not going to have a permanent negative impact upon the game’s future?

Does he really think that the major corporations are going to risk their brand being tarnished and seeing their stock values plummet because a bunch of thugs are too imbecilic to realize just how good they have it?

It has been proven to be correct, that in all instances the pendulum always swings back. And when this pendulum swings back these cretins are going to be in for a major surprise and that includes Goodell.

Until that happens we must all boycott everything NFL related that we can possibly live without. And not one member of any law enforcement, first responders, or military should set foot inside a stadium. -- Mychal Massie (subscribe to my website and my VideoRant YouTube channel)

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 02:13:31 pm »
It's almost hard to believe how the NFL owners aren't understanding their customers.

Wouldn't be the first time...the business world is littered with dead or dying corporations who didn't or wouldn't comprehend the marketplace.

Folks out there though love professional football, including me, and I don't see that going away. What I do see is the possibility of another professional football league starting. They would grab non-protesting players from the NFL, and sign new ones out of college. It all depends on how far down the NFL allows itself to slide.

The NFL owners could put an immediate end to this nonsense by telling their players to stand and respect the national anthem or be cut - i don't see any other way to do it at this point.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 02:20:18 pm »
Folks out there though love professional football, including me, and I don't see that going away. What I do see is the possibility of another professional football league starting.
Sean "Puffy P. Diddy Puff Daddy" Combs already has proposed starting his own all-black football league. We really do seem to be seeing the death throes of this business.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 02:23:32 pm »
Its a private business, let them do what they want and in turn, the customers will do what they want and either continue to do business with them or not. As long as the government keeps its nose out of it.

I do find the outrage a bit funny though. I usually go to a local sports bar every week to watch the Cowboys game and to a person, when the anthem came on, every single person's ass was in their seat, mouth full of beer and nachos not giving it an ounce of respect. But the second they saw a player not stand, they joined the outrage.

Now I know this doesnt apply to people who are outraged here. I have faith before all this became an issue, every single person here who is angry now, always stood up, be it at home or in a bar or restaurant.  Right?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 02:33:00 pm »
I do find the outrage a bit funny though. I usually go to a local sports bar every week to watch the Cowboys game and to a person, when the anthem came on, every single person's ass was in their seat, mouth full of beer and nachos not giving it an ounce of respect. But the second they saw a player not stand, they joined the outrage.
No argument here. If people in a sports bar hear the anthem being played, it wouldn't kill them to quiet down. And, no, they haven't shown the same sort of respect they now demand of the ignorami (is that a word?) in shoulder pads.

Yesterday I attended a work session of my county school board. The one black member was railing about the NFL protests, claiming that the players are protesting "driving while black," not anything about the flag or the anthem. Then she said something inane to the effect, "Go ahead. Start singing the anthem and see who stands up."

The only people in the room were her fellow board members, the superintendent, the school board secretary and me (a reporter), so I'm not sure why she was challenging us. Nevertheless, I started singing the anthem very quietly, under my breath. I wish I'd had the nerve to do it louder.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 02:34:26 pm »
Its a private business, let them do what they want and in turn, the customers will do what they want and either continue to do business with them or not. As long as the government keeps its nose out of it.

Now I know this doesnt apply to people who are outraged here. I have faith before all this became an issue, every single person here who is angry now, always stood up, be it at home or in a bar or restaurant.  Right?

The anthem was the last straw.   I think it's more to do with the number of players today that people consider to be thugs, and it finally made them confront that fact, that these were the people they were spending an inordinate amount of time and money on.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »
No argument here. If people in a sports bar hear the anthem being played, it wouldn't kill them to quiet down. And, no, they haven't shown the same sort of respect they now demand of the ignorami (is that a word?) in shoulder pads.

Yesterday I attended a work session of my county school board. The one black member was railing about the NFL protests, claiming that the players are protesting "driving while black," not anything about the flag or the anthem. Then she said something inane to the effect, "Go ahead. Start singing the anthem and see who stands up."

The only people in the room were her fellow board members, the superintendent, the school board secretary and me (a reporter), so I'm not sure why she was challenging us. Nevertheless, I started singing the anthem very quietly, under my breath. I wish I'd had the nerve to do it louder.

You are only required stand up if you are at the venue where the national anthem is being played. If you here it on the radio or TV standing is not required since you are suppose face the flag and if military or vet salute, if not place your hand over your heart.