Author Topic: Trump on calling families of fallen troops: 'Ask General Kelly' if Obama called when his son died  (Read 2269 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump on calling families of fallen troops: 'Ask General Kelly' if Obama called when his son died
by Melissa Quinn | Oct 17, 2017, 10:24 AM

President Trump said Tuesday that anyone with questions of whether former President Barack Obama called the families of fallen service members can ask White House chief of staff John Kelly if he received a phone call from Obama.

"I think I've called every family of someone who's died," Trump told Fox News radio host Brian Kilmeade. "As far as other representatives, I don't know. You could ask Gen. Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?"

Kelly's son, Marine 2nd Lt. Robert Kelly, was killed while serving in Afghanistan in 2010.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-on-calling-families-of-fallen-troops-ask-general-kelly-if-obama-called-when-his-son-died/article/2637733
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Revealed: Obama didn't phone General John Kelly when his son was killed in action in Afghanistan - ...
Daily Mail/UK, Oct 17, 2017

Former President Barack Obama did not personally call Gen. John Kelly, a Marine General who had commanded a multinational force in Iraq, when his son got killed in action in Afghanistan, according to an administration source.

The source responded to an inquiry from DailyMail.com about Kelly after President Donald Trump raised a question about it in an interview on Brian Kilmeade's radio show on Fox Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4989468/Obama-didn-t-phone-Gen-John-Kelly-son-KIA.html#ixzz4vmiZjeRj

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Although it was both tacky and typical that Obama did not call Kelly, Kelly probably was relieved that he didn't have to listen to some phony pap from that traitor.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Why is this even an issue?  Why bring it up to begin with?  To brag about yourself?

Offline Concerned

Phone call, letter, meeting at the White House, meeting the casket at Dover. Who cares?  This is the type of distraction that drives me crazy with this guy. Why can’t we just quietly and respectfully honor the fallen without it being about what’s Trump done verses what other Presidents did? 4 heroes lost their lives in defense of their country. May they Rest In Peace...........once the latest sideshow is over.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Phone call, letter, meeting at the White House, meeting the casket at Dover. Who cares?  This is the type of distraction that drives me crazy with this guy. Why can’t we just quietly and respectfully honor the fallen without it being about what’s Trump done verses what other Presidents did? 4 heroes lost their lives in defense of their country. May they Rest In Peace...........once the latest sideshow is over.

I hear ya, but Trump just may have this feckless, attention-deficient, shallow, narcissistic, rudderless and ignorant population figured out.  He addresses them in a manner that they can absorb. 

Offline dfwgator

I would have rather seen Trump go after how Obama coddled Bergdahl.

Offline aligncare

I would have rather seen Trump go after how Obama coddled Bergdahl.

I doubt that will escape neither Trump’s attention nor tweet.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:30:44 pm by aligncare »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Apparently, Trump believes every meme he sees on Facebook
Countdown to Resignation

Offline aligncare

I voted for Trump because of his personality not inspite of it.

George W Bush, an extremely likable and honorable man, was nonetheless savaged by a democrat/media cabal. W’s lack of fight back resulted in eight long, dark years in the wilderness for American leadership, and the world became a more dangerous place as a result. Trump, on his watch, is having none of it and I’m cheering him on for that.

Offline LottieDah

Why is this even an issue?  Why bring it up to begin with?  To brag about yourself?

Trump isn't bragging.  He just found something else to polarize the American populace.  I find it difficult to believe that George W. Bush did not call the families of the fallen.  Methinks President Trump is full of soup.

Offline RoosGirl

I voted for Trump because of his personality not inspite of it.

George W Bush, an extremely likable and honorable man, was nonetheless savaged by a democrat/media cabal. W’s lack of fight back resulted in eight long, dark years in the wilderness for American leadership, and the world became a more dangerous place as a result. Trump, on his watch, is having none of it and I’m cheering him on for that.

That's fine, I understand your reasoning.  I disagree with it, but I understand it.  What does it have to do with this story?  Who was attacking Trump for his lack of "care" for service members?

Offline Hoodat

In fairness to Obama, it would have been difficult for him to reach out to the families of every Afghan casualty primarily because of the sheer number of casualties.  The policy he implemented caused a huge spike in that number.  Americans suffered more casualties in Afghanistan during the first 20 months of Obama than they did during 8 years of Bush.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Obama cared more about Bergdahl than anyone who was killed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
In fairness to Obama, it would have been difficult for him to reach out to the families of every Afghan casualty primarily because of the sheer number of casualties.  The policy he implemented caused a huge spike in that number.  Americans suffered more casualties in Afghanistan during the first 20 months of Obama than they did during 8 years of Bush.

Every da**ed one of them deserved, at the very least, a direct phone call from the POTUS. 

Offline Hoodat

Obama cared more about Bergdahl than anyone who was killed.

That's because Bergdahl was on the side that Obama supported.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4989468/Obama-didn-t-phone-Gen-John-Kelly-son-KIA.html#ixzz4vmvlTuXP

Obama did NOT phone Trump chief of staff John Kelly when his son was killed in Afghanistan, it is revealed as President is partially vindicated in his attack on predecessors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hear ya, but Trump just may have this feckless, attention-deficient, shallow, narcissistic, rudderless and ignorant population figured out.  He addresses them in a manner that they can absorb.

Thank you!  Thank you very much.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thank you!  Thank you very much.

I didn't mean you, @Emjay.  You know that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I didn't mean you, @Emjay.  You know that.

Just kidding.  But it was a great list and way too appropos.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just kidding.  But it was a great list and way too appropos.

:beer:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yes - please ask Gen. Kelly about this, because I'm sure he'd be very happy to discuss his son's death in a politicized context.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I find it difficult to believe that George W. Bush did not call the families of the fallen.

In some instances, he met directly with them.  That was the case with Cindy Sheehan.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

@RoosGirl

Trump gave an interview today where he said he didn't know if Obama or Bush called people; he doesn't know what they did, he said, but he knows what he is doing.  This is the usual for Trump, say it and it out there, then say he didn't say it.

Offline LottieDah

In some instances, he met directly with them.  That was the case with Cindy Sheehan.

You are correct. Trump is full of soup! (I am being polite here).  Obama and Bill Clinton may or may not have called the parents of the fallen.  George W. Bush did the right thing by contacting the families of the fallen.