Author Topic: Emotional John McCain slams 'half-baked, spurious nationalism' sweeping America in speech aimed at Trump as Joe Biden presents him with lifetime of service award  (Read 1424 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Emotional John McCain slams 'half-baked, spurious nationalism' sweeping America in speech aimed at Trump as Joe Biden presents him with lifetime of service award

Sen. John McCain made remarks at his National Constitution Center Liberty Medal ceremony in Philadelphia Monday night
    He took a moment to go a step further than the night's other speakers, who lamented what many described as a fractured political climate
    He warned against the US turning toward 'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
    He said: 'We live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil.'

By Regina F. Graham For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 00:19 EDT, 16 October 2017 | Updated: 08:37 EDT, 17 October 2017

Sen. John McCain warned against the US turning toward 'half-baked, spurious nationalism' and jabbed at unnamed pushers of isolationist politics while at an event honoring the war hero's contributions.   

The six-term Republican senator from Arizona made the remarks at his National Constitution Center Liberty Medal ceremony in Philadelphia after receiving the award for a lifetime of service and sacrifice to the country.

In addition to recalling his more than two decades of Navy service and his imprisonment in a Vietnam prisoner of war camp, McCain took a moment to go a step further than the night's other speakers, who lamented what many described as a fractured political climate.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983774/Sen-John-McCain-awarded-Liberty-Medal.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Once more the media's favorite pet attack chihuahua. 

edit:  Misspelled "attack."   I feel foolish. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:24:25 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Once more the media's favorite pet attach chihuahua.

How long after he sees the Great White RINO, will his daughter claim his brain cancer affected his 'behavior'?   ^-^

PS:  Don't look now, Senator, but seeds of "half-baked, spurious nationalism" are spreading in Austria and other European countries.
(Or...are they 'States' now as part of the EU)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

Of course he has it ass backwards.

If it weren't whats to stop our largest contributors from dictating our "ideals", senator?

Online DCPatriot

Of course he has it ass backwards.

If it weren't whats to stop our largest contributors from dictating our "ideals", senator?

What the hell does it even mean??

I drive by Antietam Cemetery/Battlefield couple times a month.   The Iwo Jima Memorial once a week. 

And being a decade older than I, he should be ingrained with the same "IDEALS".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
'Joe Biden' presents him with lifetime of service award.

That alone speaks volumes of what kind of service he's provided.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

How long after he sees the Great White RINO, will his daughter claim his brain cancer affected his 'behavior'?   ^-^

PS:  Don't look now, Senator, but seeds of "half-baked, spurious nationalism" are spreading in Austria and other European countries.

I feel for his daughter; I don't think he's going to have the magnificent farewell that's she (and he) is  anticipating.  He's ruffled quite a few feathers along the way and she's also going to hear a resounding choir of "POW/MIA's You Are NOT Forgotten".

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:48:59 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

John McCain is demented everything coming from his mouth proves it. I still don't believe he was voted back in office without a lot of fraud happening. No state could be that dumb to vote him another term.

Offline libertybele

John McCain is demented everything coming from his mouth proves it. I still don't believe he was voted back in office without a lot of fraud happening. No state could be that dumb to vote him another term.

Well, I visited Arizona 30 years ago and vowed never to go back.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well, I visited Arizona 30 years ago and vowed never to go back.

You got outstanding warrants there? Don't we all.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't think we can blame it on the cancer.   John McCain has mental issues that go way beyond that. 

The word "Nation", "Natural", "Nativity" and Natal all share a common root which means "of birth".   The concept of a which effectively meant "blood".   Nations (before the United States)  were predominately made up of citizens sharing a common genetic background.   

The US "adopted"  people from all over the world,  so there is no common American "race",   but there is a common American "Family".    We mostly share the same beliefs and principles,   even though we all come from different backgrounds. 

What that stupid @$$ McCain does not understand is that our Nation doesn't have the sort of genetic roots predominant in European nationalism,   so the threat of what he fears is much less in America than it would be in any other nation in the world.   

"The dark night of fascism is always descending in the United States and yet lands only in Europe" 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

You got outstanding warrants there? Don't we all.

Ya, it's called realizing that the Gringos aren't welcome even back then.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump warns McCain: 'At some point I fight back, and it won't be pretty'
The Hill, Oct 17, 2017, Max Greenwood

President Trump warned on Tuesday that he would "fight back" after Sen. John McCain  (R-Ariz.) delivered a blunt denunciation of nationalist forces that was seen by many as a thinly veiled attack on the president.

"People have to careful, because at some point I fight back," Trump told WMAL radio host Chris Plante. "I'm being very nice. I'm being very, very nice. But at some point I fight back, and it won't be pretty."

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/355809-trump-warns-mccain-at-some-point-i-fight-back-and-it-wont-be-pretty

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:04:15 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

I drive by Antietam Cemetery/Battlefield couple times a month.   The Iwo Jima Memorial once a week. 

"Blood and Soil" is code for Nazi.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

McCain seems to be both energized and overly emotional lately.  Who knows what's going on with his brain.

Career politicians are an odd lot.  A normal person would be taking care of his health and enjoying his family.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Blood and Soil" is code for Nazi.

I thought that sounded awfully familiar.  You're right, which means McStain just called Trump a Nazi.

(Google fun:  "Blood and Soil".)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: