Author Topic: Israel Strikes Back: Fighters Destroy Syrian SAM Site That Fired On Recon Plane  (Read 437 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

TYLER ROGOWAY

eports state that an Israeli aircraft was on a "routine reconnaissance mission" over Lebanon when a Syrian SA-5 "Gammon" surface-to-air missile site fired on the aircraft from across the Lebanese-Syrian border. The missile didn't hit its mark and the SA-5 site was subsequently destroyed by IAF aircraft. Israel has made it clear that it will do whatever necessary to protect their aircrews, but also said it had no intention of further escalating the situation.

Benjamin Netanyahu stated the following after the incident:

"Today they attempted to hit our planes... If anyone attempts to harm us, we will harm them back."

Unsurprisingly, the government of Bashar al Assad in Syria had a different take on the incident, claiming their SA-5 (also referred to as the S-200) missile struck the Israeli Air Force aircraft and that Israel's reprisal attack only did "minor damage" to their SAM site. They also warned of "dangerous consequences" for such acts in the future, which is not surprising because they have also threatened to rain Scud missiles down on Israeli ports and other facilities if Israeli airstrikes within their country continue.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/15176/israel-strikes-back-fighters-destroy-syrian-sam-site-that-fired-on-recon-plane
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline stephen50right

God bless Israel.