Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS UPDATE FROM THE CONSTITUTION PARTY  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: BREAKING NEWS UPDATE FROM THE CONSTITUTION PARTY
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2017, 05:18:43 pm »
So do cats.  :smokin:

I had a friend with some large Pythons (15-20 feet).  She didn't like cats for them, because their claws could really hurt her pets.  She kept a rabbit hutch out back to raise feeders.  She only had to feed them once a week or so.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2017, 05:20:32 pm »
It's just fuel for The Dreamers, and I don't mean DACA.  They continue a fruitless and kinda pathetic hope that a perfect party will come along that will save them from both Trump and the Left.

:amen:

I have been hearing talks about a perfect party since I was born. Let me break to this to everyone. There is no such thing as a perfect party.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2017, 06:19:51 pm »
I dunno, that Oregon Parks Board gig sounds pretty impressive to me.

The Olathe, KS water district has Jim Vader on the board.  He finds the lack of purity disturbing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2017, 06:21:01 pm »
It's just fuel for The Dreamers, and I don't mean DACA.  They continue a fruitless and kinda pathetic hope that a perfect party will come along that will save them from both Trump and the Left.

No one stated that the Constitution Party was perfect nor is it set in stone that there will be a mass exodus of conservatives from Congress to the party. IF such an exodus were to occur, that would certainly open up the opportunity for a 3rd party win. Right now I see some optimism for change as there are a couple of politicians disgruntled enough within the GOP to give the Constitution party a look. The only thing I see pathetic is expecting things to get better without there being any real change and giving up any hope of getting back to a party of Constitutional conservatives running the country, and continuing to accept that two parties have made it nearly impossible for anyone else to conquer their corruption that has taken foothold on the electoral process.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2017, 06:26:32 pm »
No one stated that the Constitution Party was perfect nor is it set in stone that there will be a mass exodus of conservatives from Congress to the party. IF such an exodus were to occur, that would certainly open up the opportunity for a 3rd party win. Right now I see some optimism for change as there are a couple of politicians disgruntled enough within the GOP to give the Constitution party a look. The only thing I see pathetic is expecting things to get better without there being any real change and giving up any hope of getting back to a party of Constitutional conservatives running the country, and continuing to accept that two parties have made it nearly impossible for anyone else to conquer their corruption that has taken foothold on the electoral process.

I'm not sure how much luck you will have trying to convince someone who doesn't know whether she wanted Trump or Hillary to win.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2017, 07:52:15 pm »

Of course the Republican Party is far from perfect.  Very far.  But, realistically speaking our best chance of avoiding liberalism is re-making the Republican Party and not some party that would take at least 20 years to get a foothold.

I think we'll see some changes in the next two elections.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2017, 07:57:29 pm »
Of course the Republican Party is far from perfect.  Very far.  But, realistically speaking our best chance of avoiding liberalism is re-making the Republican Party and not some party that would take at least 20 years to get a foothold.

Yeah right... I've heard that crap for 30 years.
You won't change a doggone thing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2017, 08:00:21 pm »
Yeah right... I've heard that crap for 30 years.
You won't change a doggone thing.

What a refreshing dose of optimism.  Thank you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:25 pm »

You're right and the election of a not politician, Donald Trump proves it, but do
not expect the NTers here to see that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:29 pm »
I think it's worth at least giving this party a chance.  Certainly the Republicans are taking us in the opposite direction of where we should be going.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:40 pm »
Again, IMHO a major exodus by conservative members such as Cruz, Lee, Jordan, Paul, Gohmert, Amash, etc., to the Constitution Party would not only raise a few eyebrows, but I think you would see conservatives coming back to the polls to vote.  Voters would have a choice other than voting for the lesser of two evils.

Gohmert nor Cruz or Lee would be stupid enough to leave the Republican party.

The only one I can think of who might would be Rand Paul.  I like him but he's crazy.  Probably not crazy enough to do that.

Look, I don't blame people for dreaming but it's just that ... dreaming.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 08:04:45 pm »
You're right and the election of a not politician, Donald Trump proves it, but do
not expect the NTers here to see that.

The election of Donald Trump was a strange anomaly but it does prove that the country is sick, sick, sick of liberalism.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2017, 08:05:50 pm »
Exactly.

What does giving this party a chance mean in the real world.  I'm willing to give them a chance but it is a snowball's chance in the hot place.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2017, 08:22:54 pm »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »
The election of Donald Trump was a strange anomaly but it does prove that the country is sick, sick, sick of liberalism.

That is profound.  Neither McCain or Romney could present the case in a winning way.

It took Trump to take the sugar coating off, and go all out, like somebody damned intent, on winning.

Regarding GHW Bush, Bob Dole, GW Bush, John McCain, and Mitt /Romney can you say "Weak," and "milquetoast?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2017, 09:08:05 pm »

True, but it also proves that it is possible to do a hostile take over of an existing
major party. The battle for the GOP will be fought in the GOP primaries.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2017, 09:11:33 pm »
True, but it also proves that it is possible to do a hostile take over of an existing
major party. The battle for the GOP will be fought in the GOP primaries.

And the leadership changed the rules to make sure it never happens again.

So - I'm laughing at those of you insisting that such a thing can be done.

No - they made sure it can never happen again.

But you go ahead and pretend otherwise, because it's the only way you can continue to tell yourselves that voting Republican makes a difference.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2017, 09:13:51 pm »
And the leadership changed the rules to make sure it never happens again.

So - I'm laughing at those of you insisting that such a thing can be done.

No - they made sure it can never happen again.

But you go ahead and pretend otherwise, because it's the only way you can continue to tell yourselves that voting Republican makes a difference.

Yup!  And sent me packing when they did!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2017, 09:17:16 pm »
That is profound.  Neither McCain or Romney could present the case in a winning way.

It took Trump to take the sugar coating off, and go all out, like somebody damned intent, on winning.

Regarding GHW Bush, Bob Dole, GW Bush, John McCain, and Mitt /Romney can you say "Weak," and "milquetoast?"

McCain is just plain despicable.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:39 pm »
There is no such thing as a perfect party.

Bullshit pal. We had the perfect party at one of my themed fraternity mixers in college. Plenty of drugs, booze and all the brothers got laid.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2017, 09:21:00 pm »
McCain is just plain despicable.

And always has been!  He would have spent his life selling used cars but for his father and grandfather!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2017, 09:27:19 pm »
I checked into them and did give them quite a bit of support in '12 when they ran Virgil Goode who did endorse Trump in the last election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Party_(United_States)

They also "absorbed" per above, the American Independent Party (founded by George Wallace's campaign in '68), they also ran Alan Keyes for President. I thought though, the American Independent Party still exists.

They are an interesting party, the Libertarian Party now, seems to have gone a bit to liberal on some issues like same sex marriage.

American Independent Party of California did endorse Trump Pence.
http://aipca.org/

I guess, they are part of the American Independent Party, I can not discern all of the differences.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:39 pm »
Gohmert nor Cruz or Lee would be stupid enough to leave the Republican party.

The only one I can think of who might would be Rand Paul.  I like him but he's crazy.  Probably not crazy enough to do that.

Look, I don't blame people for dreaming but it's just that ... dreaming.

??? Stupid enough to leave the Republican Party?  It's not like the Republican Party stood behind Cruz when he was running against Hillary and there's no love lost between him and McConnell.  The Senate is crumbling all around him more so than before and he knows it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2017, 11:35:31 pm »
??? Stupid enough to leave the Republican Party?  It's not like the Republican Party stood behind Cruz when he was running against Hillary and there's no love lost between him and McConnell.

Money talks and money is all that matters.

Principles are just sound bites for public consumption to obtain votes, even if a representative truly has principles they want to govern by.

None them are going to leave a party that is corrupt when the money is all that matters to nearly everyone.

I have arrived at the point that if they are truly Conservative they need to get out of the GOP.  I will never again vote for anyone in that party - I do not care if it a clone of Reagan himself.

The party has demonstrated what it will do to anyone who will not tow the Establishment/Oligarchy agenda.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:51 pm »

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE FROM THE CONSTITUTION PARTY

We still do not have even one vote in Congress....sorry Charley..... I have no intention/desire of going third party. I'll quit voting first..... as it would be a waste of time.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:41:23 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass