Author Topic: Trump reverses course, rejects Alexander-Murray deal on health care subsidies  (Read 472 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump reverses course, rejects Alexander-Murray deal on health care subsidies
USA Today, Oct 18, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump reversed course Wednesday and threw cold water on a new bipartisan congressional health care plan designed to maintain subsidies for health insurance exchanges, thereby temporarily propping up the Affordable Care Act.

A day after signaling support for the plan developed by Sens. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., and Patty Murray, D-Wash., Trump tweeted Wednesday that the deal might benefit insurance companies too much.

Donald J. Trump   ✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

I am supportive of Lamar as a person & also of the process, but I can never support bailing out ins co's who have made a fortune w/ O'Care.

9:41 AM - Oct 18, 2017  9,838 Replies  8,196 Retweets  35,527 likes 

Alexander, in a series of tweets Wednesday, indicated the deal may still have a chance. After getting a phone call from Trump, he wrote that he agrees the subsidies should benefit consumers and not insurers.

More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/18/trump-reverses-course-rejects-alexander-murray-deal-health-care-subsidies/775389001/

Offline RoosGirl

This is nice to hear.

As for this...
he agrees the subsidies should benefit consumers and not insurers.

How can subsidies benefit consumers and not also insurers?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is nice to hear.

As for this...
How can subsidies benefit consumers and not also insurers?

Don't be so obviously obtuse.   **nononono*

Offline RoosGirl

Don't be so obviously obtuse.   **nononono*

Have I offended you again so easily?