Author Topic: Woody Allen Says He Hopes the Harvey Weinstein Allegations Don't Lead to "Witch Hunt Atmosphere"  (Read 659 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Following the revocation of Weinstein's membership from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences over the weekend, the American writer/director told BBC News: "No one ever came to me or told me horror stories with any real seriousness. And they wouldn't, because you are not interested in it. You are interested in making your movie."

Admitting he has heard "a million fanciful rumors" over the years, the Manhattan filmmaker added that "some turn out to be true and some—many—are just stories about this actress, or that actor."

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a13026749/woody-allen-harvey-weinstein-scandal-witch-hunt/

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Isn't this like Pol Pot being asked what he thought about Hitler killing all the Jews?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
These stories write themselves
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

At least Woody was willing to make a commitment, right?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think Woody may have been aiming his remarks at son Ronan, who elects to use his mother's surname "Farrow."

Ronan Farrow, the zealous investigative reporter, that finally got the Harvey Weinstein story published in The New Yorker.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Just noticed this article is from Marie Claire. Last time I saw one of those, two junkies were using it to cut their heroin on by a dumpster behind a Chinese restaurant.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Witch hunts are useless because real witches don't exist. On the other hand, child molesters and abusers of women are all too real.

As Mr. Allen has every reason to know.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

Breaking: Woody Allen to Make Donation to NAMBLA in Name of Harvey Weinstein......Developing.

Offline Frank Cannon

It looks like Kevin Spacey just got sucked up in this...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/breaking-hollywood-oscar-winning-list-actor-caught-weinstein-scandal-kevin-spacey/

That's pretty cool. Spacey is such a smug Liberal azzhole. I hope he does time.