Author Topic: Finding an Anthem Protest Compromise at NFL Meetings Will Be Seminal Moment for Roger Goodell  (Read 717 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Peter King October 16, 2017

The NFL meets every fall for a day and a half to discuss league business. This week, on Tuesday in New York, owners will gather and hear from players and NFL Players Association representatives on the contentious matter of players standing at attention for the national anthem. The league has said it will try to devise a plan that would build a bridge with players and assist on their social-justice causes so they’ll stand as one. Advertisers getting major guff from their customers don’t want to continue to take a hailstorm of criticism from those who don’t like anything but what they perceive to be a show of total loyalty toward the flag.

What I learned in the past few days:

more
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/16/nfl-anthem-protests-roger-goodell-owners-meetings-players-mmqb
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Finding an Anthem Protest Compromise at NFL Meetings Will Be Seminal Moment for Roger Goodell

Appropriate phrasing considering Goodell is a dick.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I read somewhere that the solution they have come up with is to simply not broadcast the Anthem. While the Anthem is playing, they will pan out to the sky or the crowd or something. As we all know, if it is not on TV, then it didn't happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You stand the hell up, you keep your job.  Done.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The only way to even try to save the NFL is to fire Goodell and hire someone who is respectful to first and foremost the fans and the country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

The leaue's big shots aka nitwits are betting that fans will not watch if most black players leave over this issue and suddenly the league is 70-80% white. That is probably about  what the league was in the late fifties until the mid sixties when it overtook baseball as the nation's top sport.
In short, the big shots would be wrong. 
I personally don't care if they never play another game.  I long ago stopped watching much football. I used to watch back to back games. I got bored with it.
It wasn't until last year when the wife wanted to watch the Packers play that I started watching games again...but just the Packers.
Now, I really don't care if I ever watch another game.

Offline dfwgator

The horse has already left the barn,  they've already shown their true colors.

Offline thackney

The leaue's big shots aka nitwits are betting that fans will not watch if most black players leave over this issue and suddenly the league is 70-80% white. That is probably about  what the league was in the late fifties until the mid sixties when it overtook baseball as the nation's top sport.
In short, the big shots would be wrong. 
I personally don't care if they never play another game.  I long ago stopped watching much football. I used to watch back to back games. I got bored with it.
It wasn't until last year when the wife wanted to watch the Packers play that I started watching games again...but just the Packers.
Now, I really don't care if I ever watch another game.

Not a chance.  Where can they come close to this pay with their skill set?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Millee

6. It’s likely that part of the league’s offer to the players would be giving them a week or two this year for their social-justice causes to get the league spotlight—to be part of an ad campaign or social-media campaign. Similar to what the league does with breast cancer, for instance.

Screw Goodell.  He wouldn't let players commemorate the victims of 9-11 or of the slain police officers in Dallas.  Let it burn.