Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Colorado Baker Asked to Make ‘Birthday Cake’ for Satan  (Read 566 times)

Offline Millee

The Christian baker in Colorado who was sued for declining to make a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding reception received a strange request last month: Design and bake a cake celebrating Satan’s birthday.

“I would like to get a quote on a birthday cake, for a special event,” the email request to baker Jack Phillips, sent Sept. 30 and exclusively obtained by The Daily Signal, reads. It continues:

It is a cake that is religious in theme, and since religion is a protected class, I am hoping that you will gladly bake this cake. As you see, the birthday cake in question is to celebrate the birthday of Lucifer, or as they [sic] are also known Satan who was born as Satan when he was cast from heaven by God.

The request for Phillips to quote a price for the cake also asks for an “upside down cross, under the head of Lucifer.”

http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/13/exclusive-colorado-baker-asked-to-make-birthday-cake-for-satan/

Offline Millee

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Colorado Baker Asked to Make ‘Birthday Cake’ for Satan
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:44:40 pm »
The vile left won't be satisfied until they run him out of business.   9999hair out0000

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:57:01 pm »
The Christian baker in Colorado who was sued for declining to make a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding reception received a strange request last month: Design and bake a cake celebrating Satan’s birthday.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/13/exclusive-colorado-baker-asked-to-make-birthday-cake-for-satan/

If the court's decision favoring the gays is to be consistent, then this Christian Baker can also be fined for "religious" discrimination (After all, satanism is a religion). I can't see how one decision (i.e. the gay wedding ) does not affect another (this current one).

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:58:43 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 07:59:57 pm »

Ironic considering the Hebrew word translated, satan,  means adversary [that is all it means.]

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:07:04 pm »
If the court's decision favoring the gays is to be consistent, then this Christian Baker can also be fined for "religious" discrimination (After all, satanism is a religion). I can't see how one decision (i.e. the gay wedding ) does not affect another (this current one).

I agree and think it will help his case.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:08:55 pm »

As for the translated word, "Lucifer"... it is used only once [Isaiah 14] to describe the [human] king of Babylon.  Isaiah 14 is about the fall of the king of Babylon. It says that in the text.

Ironic that people actually worship a demon demi-god created from the misinterpretation of those two Bible words, satan and lucifer.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:10:00 pm by KingsX »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:24 pm »

A cake can never depict an upside down cross. There is no 'up' or 'down' on a two dimensional horizontal plane.

But more to the point, I would imagine, seriously, that the baker would have a case against the group and the lawyers for harassment and frivolous lawsuit if they try to pursue any legal action against him.

The whole thing is absurd. And, of course, we all know the Left would never try any of this crazy nonsense with a Muslim bakery.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:05:41 am »
If the court's decision favoring the gays is to be consistent . . .

Stop right there.  Consistency is the last thing the Colorado court is interested in.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-