Author Topic: Yes, Trump is Winning  (Read 582 times)

Offline endicom

Yes, Trump is Winning
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:10:56 pm »
American Greatness
Roger Kimball
Oct. 15, 2017

Last week, I went to a dinner event at social club of which I am a member but rarely patronize. You will guess why when I tell you I ran into a friend of longstanding—someone I know well, but hadn’t seen in a couple of years—and she greeted me with the exclamation, “Here’s a Trumpster!” I could see that that was partly for the benefit of the gents she was talking to, a sort of tribal-marking announcement (“He’s one of those, boys”) but I couldn’t immediately tell whether the glint in her eye was friendly or otherwise. She soon cleared up that ambiguity. I said something about “our president.” “He’s not my president,” she snapped, adding that Donald Trump was deeply unpopular and would probably be driven from office soon.

“Actually,” I offered, “his approval ratings are on the rise.”

“So were Mussolini’s,” came the icy rejoinder.

Got it. At least I knew where we stood.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/15/yes-trump-is-winning/

Offline Concerned

Re: Yes, Trump is Winning
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:22:54 pm »
I suppose this a case of whether you look at the glass as half full or half empty.  He’s certainly done some of the things that he said he would, much of it through the same Executive Orders he criticized Obama for using (and which will likely be rolled back when a Democrat wins the White House again).  On the other hand, there are plenty of things he promised that he hasn’t done: “Lock her up”; Mexico paying for the wall; proposing a Constitutional Amendment for Term Limits within the first 100 Days (actually the very first promise in the 100 Day Plan); “drain the swamp”, naming China a currency manipulator; repeal and replace of ObamaCare; etc. etc. etc.  I haven’t met anyone who is bored with winning yet.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:49:15 pm »

He underestimated the amount of resistance he would get from his own Party. And he underestimated the pusillanimity and lethargy of Congress. Those guys don't want to do anything at all. Obama spoiled them. Now, they have forgotten what their job is supposed to be.

However, even though Trump is trying to slog through a waist high muddy swamp, he is still making forward progress.

The scariest thing in the world to the establishment of both Parties is that Trump might actually be successful. So, they are working together in concert to make sure this will never happen, regardless of the consequences to America or the American people.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:00:46 pm »
I suppose this a case of whether you look at the glass as half full or half empty.  He’s certainly done some of the things that he said he would, much of it through the same Executive Orders he criticized Obama for using (and which will likely be rolled back when a Democrat wins the White House again).  On the other hand, there are plenty of things he promised that he hasn’t done: “Lock her up”; Mexico paying for the wall; proposing a Constitutional Amendment for Term Limits within the first 100 Days (actually the very first promise in the 100 Day Plan); “drain the swamp”, naming China a currency manipulator; repeal and replace of ObamaCare; etc. etc. etc.  I haven’t met anyone who is bored with winning yet.

What he's done with EOs or the EOs he's undone with EOs?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 01:06:36 pm »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:07:05 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 01:20:58 pm »
Here's a list of EOs for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_executive_actions_by_Donald_Trump#Executive_orders

A lot of that is undoing foolishness of the past. He can't make law but can reverse some of Obama's 'laws.'