Author Topic: Jimmy Kimmel on losing Republican viewers of his late-night comedy show: 'Not good riddance, but riddance'  (Read 841 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jimmy Kimmel on losing Republican viewers of his late-night comedy show: 'Not good riddance, but riddance'
by Naomi Lim | Oct 15, 2017, 2:49 PM

Late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel said he would perform the same emotionally-charged monologues about healthcare and gun violence "again in a heartbeat," despite a drastic reduction in Republican viewership of his show.

"Three years ago, I was equally liked by Republicans and Democrats," Kimmel told CBS' "Sunday Morning" of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" which has aired on ABC since 2003. "And then Republican numbers went way down, like 30 percent, or whatever. And you know, as a talk show host, that's not ideal but I would do it again in a heartbeat."

Kimmel earned high praise and sharp rebukes for his foray into the healthcare debate in September, an issue that became particularly important to the comic after his six-month-old son Billy was born with a rare congenital heart defect.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jimmy-kimmel-on-losing-republican-viewers-of-his-late-night-comedy-show-not-good-riddance-but-riddance/article/2637587
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Everyone knows I am not a Trump fan, but only a blind man could miss that Late Night TV has become one continuous Trump "Hit Piece"

The days of Carson are long gone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

There were people that didn't previously know he was a liberal?

Offline Frank Cannon

as a talk show host, that's not ideal but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm sure advertisers and stock holders in ABC are thrilled to hear how cavalier you are about losing large blocks of viewers. Especially as record numbers of people cut the cord or just ignore network television all together.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I would have quit watching, but I never started... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline stephen50right

Maybe Kimmel is running for the Democratic Party nomination for president in 2020?

The Democratic Party is so devoid of talent, nothing would surprise me.  :laugh:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Maybe Kimmel is running for the Democratic Party nomination for president in 2020?

The Democratic Party is so devoid of talent, nothing would surprise me.  :laugh:

When I hear names like Zuckenberg being thrown out. (Prob. the sleaziest little mf'er who ever lived)

You are quite right.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

I would have quit watching, but I never started... :shrug:
Same here. When Kimmel says, "Three years ago, I was equally liked by Republicans and Democrats ..." he fails to take into account that few Republicans watched in the first place, because they had to get up in the morning for work.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DemolitionMan

I do not like late night shows. Always full of liberals with an agenda.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome