Author Topic: Yellowstone supervolcano could blow faster than thought, destroy all of mankind  (Read 730 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yellowstone supervolcano could blow faster than thought, destroy all of mankind
Fox News

Arizona State University researchers have analyzed minerals around the supervolcano at Yellowstone National Park and have come to a startling conclusion. It could blow much faster than previously expected, potentially wiping out life as we know it.

According to National Geographic, the researchers, Hannah Shamloo and Christy Till, analyzed minerals in fossilized ash from the most recent eruption. What they discovered surprised them – the changes in temperature and composition only took a few decades, much faster than the centuries previously thought.

“We expected that there might be processes happening over thousands of years preceding the eruption,” said Till said in an interview with the New York Times.

Continued at: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/10/12/yellowstone-supervolcano-could-blow-faster-than-thought-destroy-all-mankind.html

I certainly don't believe this. I didn't see this posted.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And, I guess if it happens, we won't know.

Offline RoosGirl

Wouldn't something like this be better if it happened faster?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wouldn't something like this be better if it happened faster?

I think so.  Better than that EMP idea.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I tend not to worry very much about things I can't do a damned thing about.  Whether it's sooner or later matters not at all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They are any number of things which could end all life on earth, from solar events that suck out our atmosphere to asteroids that split the earth to epidemics to aliens arriving to terraform the earth.

Ain't much we can do something about.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
When it comes it comes. Eventually the Earth will die when the sun dies. Everything dies. Except Twinkies.

You can still eat them after Armageddon I think and they would still be fresh  :silly:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️