Author Topic: Freed Canadian hostage says Taliban-linked kidnappers killed daughter, raped wife  (Read 1183 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Freed Canadian hostage says Taliban-linked kidnappers killed daughter, raped wife
by Associated Press | Oct 14, 2017, 8:06 AM

TORONTO — Former hostage Joshua Boyle says the Haqqani network in Afghanistan killed his infant daughter and raped his American wife during the five years they were held in captivity.

Boyle gave the statement shortly after landing in Canada late Friday with his wife, Caitlan Coleman, and three young children.

The couple was rescued Wednesday, five years after they had been abducted by the Taliban-linked extremist network while in Afghanistan as part of a backpacking trip. Coleman was pregnant at the time and had four children in captivity. The birth of the fourth child had not been publicly known before Boyle appeared before journalists at the Toronto airport.

"The stupidity and evil of the Haqqani network's kidnapping of a pilgrim and his heavily pregnant wife engaged in helping ordinary villagers in Taliban-controlled regions of Afghanistan was eclipsed only by the stupidity and evil of authorizing the murder of my infant daughter," he said.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/freed-canadian-hostage-says-taliban-linked-kidnappers-killed-daughter-raped-wife/article/2637520
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Rest In Peace little baby

What a horrible story at least they are safe now.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Rest In Peace little baby

What a horrible story at least they are safe now.

Yes, poor baby. 

But, idiots are never safe. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Haqqani network's"

This seems to be important terminology if one wants to understand what is going on over there.  An integral part of the trouble over there.

The Haqqani network is an Afghan guerilla insurgent group using asymmetric warfare to fight against US-led NATO forces and the government of Afghanistan. Maulvi Jalaluddin Haqqani and his son Sirajuddin Haqqani lead the group.

-wikipedia

Okay, tells us a little.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joshua Boyle is an idiot who has brainwashed his wife....who goes hiking in Afghanistan at 7mos pregnant...I feel sorry for their poor kids having these two as parents.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

The husband is an idiot snowflake who thought he could change the world by dragging his pregnant wife to a country that is particularly unsafe for her.  And she's an idiot for going along with him. 

Then he has the nerve to criticize the US even though I suspect our country's involvement in the family's release was a lot more than has been reported.  If it weren't for the innocent children, I would say we should have let them rot in captivity.

Silver Pines

I'm very sorry this family is suffering such a loss.

But if you want to go hiking, can't you find some other place to do it than Afghanistan?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

People can study the history of Afghanistan. Nobody really ever subdued the place.

Read "Caravans" by James Michener.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

People can study the history of Afghanistan. Nobody really ever subdued the place.

I don't think these idiots were trying to subdue Afghanistan.  I think in their little snowflake brains they thought they could spread peace and love and everything would be fine. 

Problem is, in that part of the world, they don't understand peace and love.  All they understand is fighting, subduing their enemies and imposing their cult on the rest of the world.  Kumbaya doesn't work in the Middle East. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Gee, that's the only book by James Michener I've never read

Found a used copy on Amazon, buying! Thanks!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Gee, that's the only book by James Michener I've never read

Found a used copy on Amazon, buying! Thanks!

Good book. 

Obviously young Joshua is not much of a reader.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did he mention he hates Americans so much he refused transport?  He did.  He did because he was considered an Taliban sympathizer and was on a watchlist.  He was afraid he would be captured by the US.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did he mention he hates Americans so much he refused transport?  He did.  He did because he was considered an Taliban sympathizer and was on a watchlist.  He was afraid he would be captured by the US.

And, that he is considered a Taliban sympathizer because he married into a jihadi family?  (His previous wife)

Offline montanajoe

Don't know what's the real story here..

Wife raped, kid killed and survive five years and rescued on a tip you were being transported in the trunk ...don't know this guy's motivation, but I would say their survival instincts far surpass anyone criticizing them..

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm more or less inclined to agree with that.  He's no Bergdhal.  They are wondering what he was doing there...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

I'm more or less inclined to agree with that.  He's no Bergdhal.  They are wondering what he was doing there...

Obviously he was doing something that he thought would get him a ticket to Gitmo...