Author Topic: Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas over Tax Reform  (Read 4761 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas over Tax Reform
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
What the hell is a rich oligarch?
In some people's mind, it is anyone who pays taxes that is not on welfare.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 05:47:37 pm »

Am interested in knowing why you believe the 'rich' deserve to pay in more taxes to run the government.  Ill-gotten gains perhaps?  And can you define the word 'rich'?

"straw man"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 05:51:39 pm »

The IRS would be on my side.

Can you imagine the headache it would be for the IRS to implement the GOP's crazy tax reforms.

Your a clown. The tax code is a shitshow now. They're not going to give a rats ass what happens to it......and the IRS is never on your side on anything. You would know that if you were conversant on anything tax related, but alas you don't know shit.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 06:04:34 pm »

The term "oligarch" comes from a Greek word which basically means rule by a few.

The modern definition is a very rich business leader who has  huge influence in politics and government policy. 

The term "oligarch"  became widely used in Russia after the fall of the USSR when factories and other industries were denationalized and bought up pennies on the dollar by unscrupulous men who became rich and powerful while the average Russian suffered and starved.  Today oligarch billionaires [many of them not ethnic Russian] basically rule Russia and have also bought businesses  [and political influence] in Western nations.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:05:52 pm by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 06:14:47 pm »

Your a clown. The tax code is a shitshow now. They're not going to give a rats ass what happens to it......and the IRS is never on your side on anything. You would know that if you were conversant on anything tax related, but alas you don't know shit.

I stick by what I posted...

The GOP has said they want their byzantine change in tax law retroactive to the beginning of 2017.

Such  drastic changes in tax law in a short time period would be a headache for the IRS... not to mention all the private tax accounts/consultants and tax computer programs.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »
--Envy of the rich, successful, productive providers of many jobs, that pay taxes

--Trolling for "earned income credits," for people that pay no income taxes to begin with

WTF does Russia have to do with anything concerning the USA today?

Oh wait. the breakup of the USSR meant the end of the communist paradise, and communists the world over began moaning about the "rich oligarchs" that took over.

Eg. Longing for the goode olde dayes, when a Ruble was worth a Ruble, and most everybody was "equal," etc.

And there were no "rich oligarchs" yet
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 06:18:50 pm »

The term "oligarch" comes from a Greek word which basically means rule by a few.

The modern definition is a very rich business leader who has  huge influence in politics and government policy. 

The term "oligarch"  became widely used in Russia after the fall of the USSR when factories and other industries were denationalized and bought up pennies on the dollar by unscrupulous men who became rich and powerful while the average Russian suffered and starved.  Today oligarch billionaires [many of them not ethnic Russian] basically rule Russia and have also bought businesses  [and political influence] in Western nations.

This isn't Russia.  We have "class mobility."  It's been well documented, many people who start in the lowest quintile of income hav been in the highest quintile by the time they retire.  Additionally, many people who start in the highest quintile find themselves in the lowest quintile by the time they expire.

What happened in Russia is simply not a good analogy to what happens here.  At least not yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »

A Democrat

Offline ABX

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2017, 06:30:27 pm »
This whole 'tax cut for the rich' line we hear from liberals every time one is proposed would be funny if it wasn't so old and people didn't buy it. They use that claim every time, now they just have kicked it up.

I recall the big tax cuts put in place in 2002. A vast majority of the cuts went to the lowest income brackets with the very bottom bracket being moved to 0% plus moving into the EITC range so they were getting more than 100% tax cut. While, someone in the top tax bracket received about a 2% cut.

The dems cried and screamed 'tax cut for the rich' even with that. They used examples that a person who made a million dollars could buy a car with their tax cut while someone who earned 18K could buy a cart of groceries. Typical manipulation of how the numbers are perceived and didn't account for how much is paid in.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2017, 06:30:40 pm »

"straw man"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Seriously?  That is all you got?

You cannot express why someone you call 'rich' should pay more in taxes, and cannot even define 'rich'.

You have zero credibility, and everything you say is rejected.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 06:36:49 pm »

You cannot express why someone you call 'rich' should pay more in taxes, and cannot even define 'rich'.

For the record, I did not agree with that characterization of your post.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 06:38:09 pm »

WTF does Russia have to do with anything concerning the USA today?

Oh wait. the breakup of the USSR meant the end of the communist paradise, and communists the world over began moaning about the "rich oligarchs" that took over.

What an ironic question considering all the government investigative committees on Russian influence on the US election.  There is also the recent revelation about  Russian ads on American social media.

The Soviet Union was ruled by an executive Communist committee [the Politburo] which was similar to a privileged oligarchy.   

Communists had no problem becoming oligarch capitalists. 

Red China the new global capitalist powerhouse is still officially Communist and ruled over by a Communist oligarchy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 06:50:40 pm »

What an ironic question considering all the government investigative committees on Russian influence on the US election.  There is also the recent revelation about  Russian ads on American social media.

The Soviet Union was ruled by an executive Communist committee [the Politburo] which was similar to a privileged oligarchy.   

Communists had no problem becoming oligarch capitalists. 

Red China the new global capitalist powerhouse is still officially Communist and ruled over by a Communist oligarchy.

Name our American oligarchs so I can destroy that argument for you.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 06:53:37 pm »

This whole 'tax cut for the rich' line we hear from liberals every time one is proposed would be funny if it wasn't so old and people didn't buy it.

A tax cut that primarily benefits the rich while hurting others making low and middle incomes is  exactly what the GOP has proposed. Instead of dealing with the fallout,  many keep denying that truth. 

Deny all you want...  but if the GOP's abomination is passed,  the GOP will have hell to pay.   Ironically, if the GOP's abomination is not passed, the GOP will still have hell to pay.  The GOP has become its own worst enemy and has put itself in a lose/lose situation.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:59:19 pm by KingsX »

Offline ABX

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 06:56:19 pm »

A tax cut that primarily benefits the rich while hurting others making low and middle incomes is  exactly what the GOP has proposed. Instead of dealing with the fallout,  many keep denying that truth. 

Deny all you want...  but if the GOP's abomination is passed,  the GOP will have hell to pay.   Ironically, if the GOP's abomination is not passed, the GOP will still have hell to pay.  The GOP has become its own worst enemy and has put itself in a lose/lose situation.

Provide a source for the specific numbers that show this, not just an 'opinion' article.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2017, 07:23:34 pm »

Provide a source for the specific numbers that show this, not just an 'opinion' article.

I have posted specifics on this forum many times.

Look at the GOP's proposed three tax rates... the tax rate for the highest incomes will decrease almost 5% while the tax rate for the lowest incomes will increase 2%.

The current different standard deductions and personal exemptions will be rolled into one GOP standard deduction [$12,000 single/$24,000 married couple] and who knows if that is indexed for inflation.  The GOP's arbitrary standard deduction will hurt many with low and middle incomes in 2018,  especially single seniors over 65 and single head of household parents who currently get a higher standard deduction plus personal exemptions all indexed for inflation [the child tax credit that the GOP says they might increase is not indexed for inflation.]

Here is more info

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/us/politics/republican-tax-cut-would-benefit-wealthy-and-corporations-most-report-finds.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/29/us/politics/trump-tax-plan-analysis.html

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:25:55 pm by KingsX »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 07:38:12 pm »

The GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich has initiated class warfare.

The war will not be pretty... and the GOP will lose.

Is that you, Hillary??   :pondering:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:38 pm »
I tell everybody to work hard, and keep your earnings.

I buy and eat my cake. You buy and eat your cake.

You want somebody else's cake for nothing.

:amen:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline KingsX

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2017, 07:41:09 pm »

Is that you, Hillary??   :pondering:

No

Hillary is the one over there laughing...
while she sits back relaxing... the GOP
is busy committing political suicide.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2017, 07:46:49 pm »
There's something to agree on:  Hillary is a "sitter," not a "doer."  It's why she is also a "loser." 

As for the GOP committing suicide by "doing," there are those who would declare that any course of action is suicide, no matter what it is they do.  May as well do what they think is right if they're going to get punished either way.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 07:48:13 pm »

No

Hillary is the one over there laughing...
while she sits back relaxing... the GOP
is busy committing political suicide.

Actually, you are here attacking one of the few things the GOP has said that's actually a conservative concept.

And agreeing with the left on the bogus "tax cut for the rich" line.

Just like Hillary does.

Watching you worry for the IRS, however, is kind of amusing.   ^-^

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2017, 10:06:36 pm »

That  generally describes trolls regardless of subject matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline KingsX

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2017, 12:30:09 am »

Here's something else that needs watching:

" The Nearly Invisible Trump Tax Plan Proposal That Could Threaten Social Security

A little-noticed provision in tax reform "

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/10/14/the-nearly-invisible-trump-tax-plan-proposal-that.aspx

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:30:41 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 12:33:13 am »

Actually, you are here attacking one of the few things the GOP has said that's actually a conservative concept.

And agreeing with the left on the bogus "tax cut for the rich" line.

Neo-cons define conservatism as financial.

Old fashioned conservatives like me define conservatism as social.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2017, 12:55:23 am »

Neo-cons define conservatism as financial.

Old fashioned conservatives like me define conservatism as social.

ROFLOL!!

You're talking to an across the board conservative, dear.

Social, fiscal, small government.

NO one who uses the words, "tax cuts for the rich" is conservative.

Sorry.

(But I DO love the tired old, idiotic "neo-con" ad hominem.  Kinda cute.  ^-^)