Author Topic: President Trump says you'll be hearing 'Merry Christmas' a lot more this year  (Read 13013 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I will never understand the need to shut down threads for no f'n reason!

it's unlocked
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I thought it was ironic that a discussion of censorship was ended by censorship.

I call that good old-fashioned censorship.

Everyone had said everything.  It had disintegrated into silly bantering.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
it's unlocked

OH, no.  It is now officially the Zombie Thread.

I'm not going back over there.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
it's unlocked

Thank you!   It's good to know that you aren't going to allow mods to run wild and  shut down threads just because  THEY don't like what's being discussed or find it boring!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
OH, no.  It is now officially the Zombie Thread.

I'm not going back over there.

And thank you as well!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

Yes.  I got married the day before my birthday and I think my husband thought the anniversary was more to be celebrated.

What a dufus... always the Birthday.  The anniversary is to be forgotten. It can be made up with makeup sex when young.... or Steak and Lobster when older. http://mahoganyprimesteakhouse.com/

Either way...first rule of Manhood... "What .... oh yeah, Anniversary... surly you do not think I forgot?" Like orgasms.... it can be faked.   ****sheep****

Birthdays...never. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Thank you!   It's good to know that you aren't going to allow mods to run wild and  shut down threads just because  THEY don't like what's being discussed or find it boring!

Krapernick, now I will have to wade through it...thanks...better be funny.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

What a dufus... always the Birthday.  The anniversary is to be forgotten. It can be made up with makeup sex when young.... or Steak and Lobster when older. http://mahoganyprimesteakhouse.com/

Either way...first rule of Manhood... "What .... oh yeah, Anniversary... surly you do not think I forgot?" Like orgasms.... it can be faked.   ****sheep****

Birthdays...never.

Last year, about the time we were getting ready to go to bed, I turned to my husband and said "Happy Anniversary".  We looked at each other for a minute and then burst out laughing.

Offline RoosGirl

Krapernick, now I will have to wade through it...thanks...better be funny.

Look for my and @Frank Cannon 's bits.  The rest is shit.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

According to you.  Others may have a different opinion.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

Last year, about the time we were getting ready to go to bed, I turned to my husband and said "Happy Anniversary".  We looked at each other for a minute and then burst out laughing.

Right! I would ask for details...but a Lady never tells.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Would never have put that combo together.... Abbot and Costello...... let me guess.... you are Abbot?

BigUn is a guest appearance of Curly.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

Well of course they *may*, but one look at their other opinions and it's easy to see that I am correct.   :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Would never have put that combo together.... Abbot and Costello...... let me guess.... you are Abbot?

BigUn is a guest appearance of Curly.

Nope! Bigun had no part in those antics and is, in fact, about ready to start reporting every post he sees that is irrelevant, immaterial, or having nothing to do with the subject of a given thread!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Nope! Bigun had no part in those antics and is, in fact, about ready to start reporting every post he sees that is irrelevant, immaterial, or having nothing to do with the subject of a given thread!

Like the one you just posted?

Offline Fantom

****slapping  Meh...what a wiseguy.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Like the one you just posted?

Highly relevant! 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:24:30 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"It is an appropriate start to a long battle against the snowflake minions of PC and the censorship of an entire culture they represent."

Yup.

Go on, folks, laugh at Trump for pushin' "Merry Christmas".

Just like you might have laughed at him not that long ago for sayin' folks should stand up for the National Anthem, right....?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Yep, fun as hell.  The 4th, or close would be equally a blast....yes I meant that!.  :beer:

The absolute worst one would be Christmas.. a twofer on presents.  8888crybaby

No, March 14 would be the absolute worst.

BTW folks, that's kind of a NSFW reference.  If that sort of thing offends you, and you don't have me on ignore already, don't look it up.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline endicom

It is an attack on Christianity pure and simple.

Deconstructionist. Tear down all culture.

Offline RoosGirl

Highly relevant!

Offline RoosGirl

BTW folks, that's kind of a NSFW reference.  If that sort of thing offends you, and you don't have me on ignore already, don't look it up.

I had to look it up.  I don't know why anyone would mix a steak dinner with going to a wholesale club, but hey, different strokes and all that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:15:39 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Fantom

Julius would disagree... the 15th would be the worse. ...other than that...you will have to clue me into your private world.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:15:49 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"It is an appropriate start to a long battle against the snowflake minions of PC and the censorship of an entire culture they represent."

Yup.

Go on, folks, laugh at Trump for pushin' "Merry Christmas".

Just like you might have laughed at him not that long ago for sayin' folks should stand up for the National Anthem, right....?
Actually, I didn't laugh at that, either. I have seen the flag, it used to hang in the Smithsonian, but has been undergoing conservation/restoration.
My ancestors and relatives were a small part of the very beginnings of this nation, and I don't take it lightly, nor the respect our Flag and National Anthem are due, nor the sacrifices of those who have worked to keep it safe (despite that disagreement in the 1860s). I believe all Americans capable should stand for the Anthem, and at the least, show respect.  So I don't think the President was out of line at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

IIRC, I had just given you 'kudos' for your witty shittyreply to @Frank Cannon    ^-^

...completely well-intended.

"Merry Christmas", @aligncare !!

There. Fixed your typo because I'm sure you are in full agreement that I handed her her ass and the rebuttal was weak tea.