Author Topic: President Trump says you'll be hearing 'Merry Christmas' a lot more this year  (Read 13017 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

I love your wit
@Polly Ticks

:silly:

Flattery will get you everywhere!
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Emjay

I don't have any medals, but for your post regarding the suppression of the media thread, I'll give you this:

:thumbsup:

And kudos to MOD1.  I hope that thread stays dead.

Would that problems could be solved so easily.    The topic will merely be pursued on other threads which have some relation to the topic.       

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

I thought it was ironic that a discussion of censorship was ended by censorship.

Maybe the mods thought it was unfair to the other threads that have been posted to have so much attention focused on just one thread.  They really should all get equal time.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

How ironic...

Meanwhile GOP Scrooges say their tax cuts for rich oligarchs must be finished by Christmas... coal for Tiny Tim.

" Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas If Republicans Don’t Fall in Line "

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/paul-ryan-threatens-to-cancel-christmas-if-republicans-dont-fall-in-line

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:19:28 am by KingsX »

Offline aligncare

The whole issue arose primarily out of the Political Correctness assault on American culture. If something so vital as the birth of Our Saviour could be muzzled with Liberal whining, anything, and I mean anything would be possible to render unspeakable.

It is an appropriate start to a long battle against the snowflake minions of PC and the censorship of an entire culture they represent. That isn't insensitivity, because i gladly wish a Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish Friends, too.

Christ taught us to suffer the world for our belief in Him. Because Christians have a tradition of nonviolence the secularists feel that they are free to trample on our traditions, our way of living. Speak out against a public union and see what happens, see how tolerant they are.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:57:26 am by aligncare »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Maybe the mods thought it was unfair to the other threads that have been posted to have so much attention focused on just one thread.  They really should all get equal time.

And the threads are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I thought it was ironic that a discussion of censorship was ended by censorship.

Yes it was.  Irony is a fact of life.  You act like you, and you alone carry the burden of silence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

That wasn't lost on me, @DiogenesLamp !   :laugh:   

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

I understand the frustration of having something to say and finding that the thread had been locked.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I understand the frustration of having something to say and finding that the thread had been locked.

IIRC, I had just given you 'kudos' for your witty reply to @Frank Cannon    ^-^

...completely well-intended.

"Merry Christmas", @aligncare !!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:22:10 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

My former boss always said that any meeting that lasts over 1 hour is a waste of time; if you can't say everything you need to within that time it's time to regroup and try another day.  Thus is true for any thread over 10 pages.

Offline Fantom

Yay!  My birthday buddy!!
 888high58888

:beer: Cheers.  :beer:

I am going to celebrate mine with two fine friends at their house.

I'll bring the Ararat. They better provide the caviar. Seeing as they got this Simple Bricklayer hooked on both.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Rivergirl

Bah Humbug

Offline RoosGirl

And the threads are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.

Yes, well, I suppose the mods here are akin to Fed Gov.

Offline Fantom

Thus is true for any thread over 10 pages.

Snicker..... was that a shot at Right_in_Virginia..... or Big Un?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

Snicker..... was that a shot at Right_in_Virginia..... or Big Un?

A lady never tells.

Offline Polly Ticks

:beer: Cheers.  :beer:

I am going to celebrate mine with two fine friends at their house.

I'll bring the Ararat. They better provide the caviar. Seeing as they got this Simple Bricklayer hooked on both.

I'm going to dig through my kids' trick-or-treat bags and steal their Reese's peanut butter cups. It's the little things in life that make me happy!
 :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I will never understand the need to shut down threads for no f'n reason!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

A lady never tells.

You,ve never been the less.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

I will never understand the need to shut down threads for no f'n reason!

Right on time.

New I could count on you.  :patriot:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Right on time.

New I could count on you.  :patriot:

Thanks!   :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

I'm going to dig through my kids' trick-or-treat bags and steal their Reese's peanut butter cups. It's the little things in life that make me happy!
 :laugh:

Watch out for the veggies.... hear the Wookie is active in "healthy" Halloween this year.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

I don't have any medals, but for your post regarding the suppression of the media thread, I'll give you this:

:thumbsup:

And kudos to MOD1.  I hope that thread stays dead.

I know.  Sometimes those threads come back to life like zombies.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I think that's why he's fighting them. The issue is much bigger than being able to say Merry Christmas.

It is an attack on Christianity pure and simple.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yep, fun as hell.  The 4th, or close would be equally a blast....yes I meant that!.  :beer:

The absolute worst one would be Christmas.. a twofer on presents.  8888crybaby

Yes.  I got married the day before my birthday and I think my husband thought the anniversary was more to be celebrated.