Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46668 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #475 on: October 18, 2017, 01:45:32 pm »
We know what you did. So why not just have Jane Fonda clapping as well if only some clapping GIF matters, not the real person.

I don't know you well, @stephen50right, but that response is just plain dopey.

That gif is priceless, and it has NOTHING to do with anyone's politics. 

Of course, even not knowing you, I know you know that, so stop with the dopey responses to serious people, OK??   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #476 on: October 18, 2017, 01:49:34 pm »
No I get it.  A lot of people get it.  Only we're not as willing as others to trash our values and beliefs as others are to follow someone like Trump as blindly as you do.

You're still making the same old tired excuses for the fact he's a Liberal Democrat masquerading as a Republican merely for the sake of getting elected.

So by your own line of reasoning...we shouldn't have believed Clinton when he said he "loathed" the military because all that mattered was what he said and did as Preisdent.

So we're supposed to just ignore everything he said about Sandy Hook...supporting Obama multiple donations to the Clinton Foundation and hardcore Democrat Marxists simply because he bullied his way into the White House?

No one is so blind as those that will not see.

You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

BTW: Trump has been a NRA member for a very long time, and also his two sons are NRA members. That doesn't sound like a liberal democrat to me. I'm sure at those building permit hearings in NYC, he didn't mention that. LOL

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #477 on: October 18, 2017, 01:49:51 pm »

I think some conservatives are miffed to discover that governing is such hard work.  When it didn't matter,  conservatives signed on to a "root and branch" repeal of the ACA,  but now that we have power,  the reality that millions were helped as well as harmed by ObamaCare means that those millions that were helped form a constituency for the law's preservation that requires the making of compromises.   

I think you are misreading our perception of this.   The fact that "our" side could  vote over and over again to repeal Obamacare back when they knew Obama would veto the legislation,  all to refuse to cast the very same vote they had already cast when they have a President that will sign it,  has nothing to do with the difficulties of "governing".   

What we see is a cartel of our own party that was lying to us before,  and now that their excuse has been stripped away,  they have no choice but show their true feelings/colors.   

There are those among us that believe the Republican support for Obamacare is due to the belief that it benefits so many big businesses who can transfer all their current responsibilities for insuring their people over to the government.   In other words,  it helps the profit margin of many corporations. 

So far as the millions who were "helped" by Obamacare,   it isn't their F***ing money,  and they have no right to be helped by the government at the rest of our expense.   

We should not be compromising with people who benefit from what is essentially thievery or slavery,  depending on how you view the people who are forced to pay the bills. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #478 on: October 18, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »

I think you are misreading our perception of this.   The fact that "our" side could  vote over and over again to repeal Obamacare back when they knew Obama would veto the legislation,  all to refuse to cast the very same vote they had already cast when they have a President that will sign it,  has nothing to do with the difficulties of "governing".   

What we see is a cartel of our own party that was lying to us before,  and now that their excuse has been stripped away,  they have no choice but show their true feelings/colors.   

There are those among us that believe the Republican support for Obamacare is due to the belief that it benefits so many big businesses who can transfer all their current responsibilities for insuring their people over to the government.   In other words,  it helps the profit margin of many corporations. 

So far as the millions who were "helped" by Obamacare,   it isn't their F***ing money,  and they have no right to be helped by the government at the rest of our expense.   

We should not be compromising with people who benefit from what is essentially thievery or slavery,  depending on how you view the people who are forced to pay the bills.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #479 on: October 18, 2017, 01:51:50 pm »
I don't know you well, @stephen50right, but that response is just plain dopey.

That gif is priceless, and it has NOTHING to do with anyone's politics. 

Of course, even not knowing you, I know you know that, so stop with the dopey responses to serious people, OK??   **nononono*

It was hyperbole to make a point. Something Trump does all the time.

Grow a sense of humor - it will help you to understand and like Trump.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #480 on: October 18, 2017, 01:54:32 pm »
Yea, yea, yea.

You're still not getting it. If someone is a large builder in New York City and they want to get things done and get permits and such with such a heavy Democratic Party influence...yes money talks, but it helps to spout off some garbage about supporting Democratic Party views so they think you are their friend.

But even if Trump believed that back then, which i'm convinced he truly did not, it isn't what he believes now, and that's all that matters with him as president.

Same point I was gonna make.   Deeds,  not words. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #481 on: October 18, 2017, 01:56:55 pm »
It was hyperbole to make a point. Something Trump does all the time.

Grow a sense of humor - it will help you to understand and like Trump.

My sense of humor surpassed Trump's when I was 13.  (And I've taught elementary and Jr. High boys, so I understand his kind of humor well).

btw, nothing you said was even remotely funny, by anyone's definition.

But carry on.  It's a free forum..........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #482 on: October 18, 2017, 01:57:21 pm »

You're still making the same old tired excuses for the fact he's a Liberal Democrat masquerading as a Republican merely for the sake of getting elected.

The evidence would indicate he is a Conservative Republican who was masquerading as a Liberal Democrat.    You seem fixated on his past words rather than his current deeds.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #483 on: October 18, 2017, 01:58:01 pm »

Same point I was gonna make.   Deeds,  not words.

Pretense, not character......

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #484 on: October 18, 2017, 01:59:30 pm »

Nope not hardly.  We're just tired of the Republican party more and more turning into a sad copy of the Democrat Party and doing nothing to represent the voters.

BTW: Trump has been a NRA member for a very long time, and also his two sons are NRA members. That doesn't sound like a liberal democrat to me. I'm sure at those building permit hearings in NYC, he didn't mention that. LOL

Michael Moore is a lifetime member of the NRA.

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #485 on: October 18, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
Pretense, not character......

Real changes.  Not pretend changes.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #486 on: October 18, 2017, 02:00:58 pm »

The evidence would indicate he is a Conservative Republican who was masquerading as a Liberal Democrat.    You seem fixated on his past words rather than his current deeds.

Current deeds like working with Reid and Pelosi?  OR current deeds like claiming Obamacare was dead and still providing $100 million in funding to keep it going?

What about his cave on DACA?

Those the kind of current deeds you're talking about?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #487 on: October 18, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »

Trump vows to repeal ObamaCare on day one of presidency

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5271477266001/?#sp=show-clips

By Bob Woodward and Robert Costa April 5, 2016 
Donald Trump says he would force Mexico to pay for a border wall as president by threatening to cut off the flow of billions of dollars in payments that immigrants send home to the country, an idea that could decimate the Mexican economy and set up an unprecedented showdown between the United States and a key regional ally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-would-seek-to-block-money-transfers-to-force-mexico-to-fund-border-wall/2016/04/05/c0196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?utm_term=.317942388372

President Trump pleaded that Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto stop stating that his country would not pay for a wall on the border in their first telephone discussion, according to a transcript of the Jan. 27 call obtained by The Washington Post. 
"You cannot say that to the press,” Trump told Nieto, urging him to refrain from the public statements because of the political damage it would impose on Trump.

“If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that,” Trump told Nieto, according to the transcript obtained by the Post.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345117-trump-asked-mexican-president-to-stop-publicly-saying-his-government

Real changes versus pretend changes...right?   :whistle:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #488 on: October 18, 2017, 02:14:25 pm »
Current deeds like working with Reid and Pelosi?  OR current deeds like claiming Obamacare was dead and still providing $100 million in funding to keep it going?

What about his cave on DACA?

Those the kind of current deeds you're talking about?

Are any of those deeds?    Which one of them has actually happened? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #489 on: October 18, 2017, 02:17:14 pm »
Yea, yea, yea.

You're still not getting it. If someone is a large builder in New York City and they want to get things done and get permits and such with such a heavy Democratic Party influence...yes money talks, but it helps to spout off some garbage about supporting Democratic Party views so they think you are their friend.

But even if Trump believed that back then, which i'm convinced he truly did not, it isn't what he believes now, and that's all that matters with him as president.

You’re absolutely right. My associate practice was in a heavily Jewish democrat neighborhood in Brooklyn. The head doc was plugged into local democrat party politics. When he or my patients brought up politics I would nod as if in agreement, but keep my mouth shut otherwise.

I learned it was pointless to raise objections with wild-eyed looney democrats, it wouldn’t be good for my business.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #490 on: October 18, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »

Are any of those deeds?    Which one of them has actually happened?

All of them.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #491 on: October 18, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »
Trump vows to repeal ObamaCare on day one of presidency

He foolishly expected congress to present him with the bill they voted for over and over again while Obama was President.   

In law,  there is this concept that you cannot be held responsible for failure to preform your contractual duty if it has become impossible,  through no fault of your own,   to fulfill that contractual duty.   

The office of the Presidency was ready able and willing to do the deed.   The reason it did not get repealed was because of backstabbers in Congress,  not Trump. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-would-seek-to-block-money-transfers-to-force-mexico-to-fund-border-wall/2016/04/05/c0196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?utm_term=.317942388372

This just shows naivete.   Who pays for Trump's hotels?   If you say "Trump",  that just means you don't understand how this works at the most  basic level. 

I believe a wall will get built,  and I believe that the costs will be recouped from the Mexicans who need to get past the wall for various reasons.  (Sending money back to their families in Mexico for example.) 

Real changes versus pretend changes...right?   :whistle:

Right,   but without the irrational sarcasm and impatience.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #492 on: October 18, 2017, 02:23:18 pm »

Very true.

BTW, what do yo think about being called a troll by someone who disagrees with your point of view? Personally, I think it’s chicken shit and a sure sign someone is losing the argument.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #493 on: October 18, 2017, 02:28:02 pm »
In case anyone here would like a 21st reason to fight against the left, visit this thread:   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,286275.0.html 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #494 on: October 18, 2017, 02:35:11 pm »
All of them.

"Working"  with Reid and Pelosi?    Reid was out of office before Trump became President,  so I find it hard to understand why Trump would be working with Reid.   So far as Pelosi is concerned,   Trump is just using the same old "rope a dope"  on her that he uses on everyone else.   So far as I know,  they haven't done anything.

DACA has happened?  Did I miss it?  All I see in the news is that he has ended the program. 

Trump has provided 100 Million in funding to keep Obamacare going?   I'm not seeing it when I do a search,  so perhaps you could give a link or something so we can see for ourselves if this accusation of yours has any merit. 

Lord knows,  we wouldn't want to apply the same exacting standard of truth to you that you seem insistent on applying to Trump.   If we did,  we would already be calling you a liar. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #495 on: October 18, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »
I mentioned the "memo" - political discourse

Sorry, but you're living in a fantasy land...I prefer reality.

I strongly believe in all the Tea Party ideas. However, if there had been an "official" Tea Party split from the Republican Party, we'd be saying President Hillary Clinton right now.

For those who think there is no difference between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, you really need to better understand the Democratic Party, and smell the socialism.

But to each his own, you keep on dreaming about things that will never happen. I'll stay in the Republican Party and work to get things done.

Amen to your practical common sense, sir!   So refreshing to read it, on very rare occasions,  on this board.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #496 on: October 18, 2017, 02:54:57 pm »

Says a true believer.....   :shrug:

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #497 on: October 18, 2017, 03:12:36 pm »
You’re absolutely right. My associate practice was in a heavily Jewish democrat neighborhood in Brooklyn. The head doc was plugged into local democrat party politics. When he or my patients brought up politics I would nod as if in agreement, but keep my mouth shut otherwise.

I learned it was pointless to raise objections with wild-eyed looney democrats, it wouldn’t be good for my business.

I grew up in the NYC and Philly area, and so it's easy for me to understand Trump. The humor is similar to the TV show Seinfeld in a number of ways, as Larry David grew up in Brooklyn. Seinfeld became a big hit, arguably the most popular sit-com of all time, so obviously many around the country also enjoyed the show's humor.

Trump over the years grew in popularity as well...in fact popular enough to be elected POTUS. I haven't read "Art of the Deal" but I've read many excerpts from it, and that is all part of Trump. Negotiating, schmoozing, or whatever in a smart calculated way to get what ya want.

The good news is that Trump is putting America First, meaning the American people first. He has proven that from anyone in his administration with even a hint of corruption or incompetence, he gets rid of them as quickly as possible. I've never seen that before in a president, whereby they normally too often stay loyal to those they've appointed even when it's quite obvious the corrupt or incompetent individual should be fired.

It's going to be a great eight years, and I believe that many, perhaps not all but many, here and elsewhere who are conservatives and don't support Trump, will eventually come around and support him. Perhaps, they'll never like him personally and that's okay. A great president doesn't need to win a popularity contest.

George Washington as a general executed some American soldiers for various reasons. I doubt if he could win the presidency today having done that as a general. Patton was severely reprimanded just for slapping a few soldiers in WW2. Without question, George Washington was our greatest president. In my opinion, Trump has the potential to become a great president. We shall see if that happens, and I think he will.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #498 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »
Amen to your practical common sense, sir!   So refreshing to read it, on very rare occasions,  on this board.

I appreciate the nice compliment. Thank you!

I think many on here will eventually come around and support Trump. I think eight years of the cancerous malignant leftist disease Obama really motivated them to see Cruz or Rubio win, and they were very disappointed when Trump thrashed them in the Republican primary.

I like Cruz and Rubio, a lot...but sorry to say both of them are not POTUS material. They just aren't. They are good senators and that's where they need to stay. I'd really like to see Cruz or Rubio become Senate majority leader one day, and considering their age and energy, I think that is a possibility.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #499 on: October 18, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »
I grew up in the NYC and Philly area, and so it's easy for me to understand Trump. The humor is similar to the TV show Seinfeld in a number of ways, as Larry David grew up in Brooklyn. Seinfeld became a big hit, arguably the most popular sit-com of all time, so obviously many around the country also enjoyed the show's humor.

Trump over the years grew in popularity as well...in fact popular enough to be elected POTUS. I haven't read "Art of the Deal" but I've read many excerpts from it, and that is all part of Trump. Negotiating, schmoozing, or whatever in a smart calculated way to get what ya want.

The good news is that Trump is putting America First, meaning the American people first. He has proven that from anyone in his administration with even a hint of corruption or incompetence, he gets rid of them as quickly as possible. I've never seen that before in a president, whereby they normally too often stay loyal to those they've appointed even when it's quite obvious the corrupt or incompetent individual should be fired.

It's going to be a great eight years, and I believe that many, perhaps not all but many, here and elsewhere who are conservatives and don't support Trump, will eventually come around and support him. Perhaps, they'll never like him personally and that's okay. A great president doesn't need to win a popularity contest.

George Washington as a general executed some American soldiers for various reasons. I doubt if he could win the presidency today having done that as a general. Patton was severely reprimanded just for slapping a few soldiers in WW2. Without question, George Washington was our greatest president. In my opinion, Trump has the potential to become a great president. We shall see if that happens, and I think he will.

Overall I agree with you about Donald Trump. I think history will be kinder to Pres. Trump than the folks here on this board.

I just wish however Trump would replace Sessions with a seasoned, pit bull prosecutor. Sessions has spent too many years “working” as a legislator. But let’s face it, there isn’t much work involved in a senator’s job. We need a younger, tougher, hungrier AG during these troubled times.