Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46686 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »
A completely online bachelors is a piece of cake. Or a cinch. Whatever tickles your pixels.

Livestreaming technology is here, now.

A major problem will be accreditation, since the education lobby controls much of that.

Time to "uber" the education industry, to a greater extent than already done. And make courses easily transferable, and long lasting.

Yes,  this.  Exactly.  You  have the right of it. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2017, 08:40:34 pm »

Except that the Guardians of the Pipeline also control that which can be streamed via their monopolies.

Just watched a fella I know well this morning, get his channel and his entire registration booted off of YouTube because he was streaming a program that was critical of Islam.

The Beast is not going to permit alternative views or technologies compete with their broadcast narratives. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2017, 08:53:44 pm »

Computer technology could help eliminate the madness of loading our kids in buses every morning and delivering them to government indoctrination centers (public schools) and then busing them back home in the afternoon. In congested cities school buses play havoc with morning and afternoon traffic. We could save tax money on schools. Then there’s the danger to children walking in traffic to think about.

I could definitely see a future when schools become obsolete.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2017, 08:56:19 pm »
Computer technology could help eliminate the madness of loading our kids in buses every morning and delivering them to government indoctrination centers (public schools) and then busing them back home in the afternoon. In congested cities school buses play havoc with morning and afternoon traffic. We could save tax money on schools. Then there’s the danger to children walking in traffic to think about.

Florida already has FLVS, Florida Virtual School, for homeschoolers.  I doubt that it is the only state.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »

Rednecks went home-schooled long ago... And were castigated for it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:37 pm »
Except that the Guardians of the Pipeline also control that which can be streamed via their monopolies.

Just watched a fella I know well this morning, get his channel and his entire registration booted off of YouTube because he was streaming a program that was critical of Islam.

The Beast is not going to permit alternative views or technologies compete with their broadcast narratives.

Several of my favorites on Youtube already gone... A lot of them Christian channels... And oddly, bushcrafters and homesteaders too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2017, 09:08:05 pm »

Yep, that's true.  Most of the other homeschool families I run across are liberals.  For some reason conservatives have pretty uniformly denounced homeschooling, the biggest reason being they think it's improper socialization for children.  At least that has been my experience.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:15 pm »

I have attempted to draw people here's attention to the problem.  Many of them laud the role the internet has played in bypassing the propaganda media,  and I try to point out as often as possible that this period of influence is likely going to be short because the leftest behemoth is moving to acquire complete control over the internet and thereby prohibit dissenting opinions.   

Goolag censors videos on YouTube that they disagree with,  which is anything critical of Islam,  anything critical of Homosexuality,  anything graphic that is critical of abortion,  and many people who are just conservative minded.

Twitfest kicks people off or suspends them regularly for voicing unapproved opinions,  and so does Fascist book. 

Virtually every major internet company promotes the politics of San Fransisco because virtually all of them are located in San Fransisco. 

These people aren't using government licenses to do their censorship,  they are using their economic might and the power of monopoly they have created by getting so large that nobody can compete with them.   

No,  the Beast is not going to permit free speech. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:21 pm »
Yep, that's true.  Most of the other homeschool families I run across are liberals.  For some reason conservatives have pretty uniformly denounced homeschooling, the biggest reason being they think it's improper socialization for children.  At least that has been my experience.

It's pretty strong out here. And growing...
But it is funny that the two main communities come out of rednecks and hippies... Homesteading makes for strange bedfellows. But it is an amazement how those two groups are finding common ground.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:01 pm »

Home schooling has changed a lot over the years.  I did a paper on it in College, and I was fascinated by what I found, and this was back in the 80's.  Popular acceptance has grown enormously since then.  Back then, it was primarily thought of as a way for racists and religious fanatics to keep their kids away from "bad influences," but as the schools became lawless places, where real cops patrol the halls, bullies have free reign and there are metal detectors at the doors, people started seeing advantages to keeping their children home.   Multiple families now form alliances where different parents teach different subjects, many of them experts working in real-life jobs with applicable skills.

The most common quote I kept seeing from proponents in my research was "One amateur adult can do better with one child than one professional can do with 30 children."

The argument used to be, "You're depriving your children of learning social skills by keeping them home."  Now the argument has become "I don't want my child learning the social skills being taught by your leftist indoctrination centers."

This movement will drive the next generation to the political right.  The leftist academics know this, and are starting  anew effort to crack down on home schooling, so watch for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:33 pm »

The times, they are a changing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2017, 09:19:53 pm »
The premise of this list is like saying Communists are good, because they helped us stop the Nazis.

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2017, 09:22:13 pm »
“No,  the Beast is not going to permit free speech.”

At least not the speech it hates: traditional, conservative, America first speech.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2017, 09:24:34 pm »
Home schooling has changed a lot over the years.  I did a paper on it in College, and I was fascinated by what I found, and this was back in the 80's.  Popular acceptance has grown enormously since then.  Back then, it was primarily thought of as a way for racists and religious fanatics to keep their kids away from "bad influences," but as the schools became lawless places, where real cops patrol the halls, bullies have free reign and there are metal detectors at the doors, people started seeing advantages to keeping their children home.   Multiple families now form alliances where different parents teach different subjects, many of them experts working in real-life jobs with applicable skills.

The most common quote I kept seeing from proponents in my research was "One amateur adult can do better with one child than one professional can do with 30 children."

The argument used to be, "You're depriving your children of learning social skills by keeping them home."  Now the argument has become "I don't want my child learning the social skills being taught by your leftist indoctrination centers."

This movement will drive the next generation to the political right.  The leftist academics know this, and are starting  anew effort to crack down on home schooling, so watch for it.

Except that even 20 years ago, the crackdown on the exodus of students being homeschooled was a major thing that was the catalyst (among others) to flee South.  They actually passed some policy or law that said that unless a parent was a certified teacher, homeschooling was illegal.  Also the curriculums were being scrutinized and forced to change to accommodate the same indoctrination bullshit forced down the skulls of much in the publik skrewels.

We finished schooling my kids at home, but we had to leave the big urban in order to do it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2017, 09:25:17 pm »
Well, I assumed you were agreeing with the poster you quoted.

If it was just a general 'nope' to everything, I could possibly agree.
If you have issue with what I say, you can address me. Kindly let me know what emotionally established governments have fared well, historically. As for the emotionalism, I believe I not only am not the first to recognize it, but there are even others who seek to capitalize on it.
This ad caught my attention on television. I assure you it is a genuine advertisement, and it is presented here as proof of what I just stated, because it seeks to tap that fervor for just two easy payments of $19.95, plus shipping and handling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

QED :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2017, 09:32:27 pm »
Who needs 20?  I joined the fight against the left two decades ago.  Why?  Because I detest commies.  And that sentiment has only grown over those past two decades.... and especially during the eight years of Obamanation.

They have infiltrated and infected every aspect of our lives and every venue of government, media and entertainment.   They're a disease that I much suspect will be fatal to this nation.... given enough time and leniency to their leftist agenda. 

I'll say it again.  As long as Trump stands against the radical left in America, I will stand with or in support of Trump.  (Disclaimer: that does NOT mean that I will approve of his every utterance, EO or twittering tweet, however.)

888high58888  Right there with you darlin!  Except in my case it's been more than 4 decades!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2017, 09:33:07 pm »

Already ahead of that curve. I helped to build a schoolhouse for the hillbillies up west of town. Not a 'schoolhouse' per se, as that falls under regulatory burden. But enough of the hillfolk are accredited that they could better teach a subject than the parents directly, and there is something to the idea of giving the parents a break and the kids opportunity for socializing...

So we built a grange hall - what all y'all would call a 'community center'... Turns out it is good for that schooling, and as a church, and as all sorts of things.

If I can get my feet under me, that's something I might just repeat - I have a chunk of highway fronted land available up west of town... I think I will do a general store up there, with a grange hall and kinda playground thing behind... With hitching rails for horses... I won't make a ton of money, but I will be an active part of a community of great, great people.

There is an arsenal of great depth for a people who remember and do things the old way.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2017, 09:35:25 pm »
Except that even 20 years ago, the crackdown on the exodus of students being homeschooled was a major thing that was the catalyst (among others) to flee South.  They actually passed some policy or law that said that unless a parent was a certified teacher, homeschooling was illegal.  Also the curriculums were being scrutinized and forced to change to accommodate the same indoctrination bullshit forced down the skulls of much in the publik skrewels.

We finished schooling my kids at home, but we had to leave the big urban in order to do it.

Yup.

When my Mom was little during the Depression, my Aunt was Special Needs, and the State kept trying to take her from my GPs to institutionalize her.  My farmer Grandfather insisted, no, he could do a better job of it.  The state finally demanded, "Look, no teaching cert, no soap.  Hand her over."  So he said "Is that your final argument?"  "Yeah.  Pack her bags we're leaving."  He said "OK, first let me show you something."  He went to his bureau and pulled from a drawer his teaching certificate.  He had earned it years before when he got his degree, but had decided to farm instead.  He'd kept the cert all those years, and the State was forced to honor it, and leave my Mom's family alone.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »

This ad caught my attention on television. I assure you it is a genuine advertisement, and it is presented here as proof of what I just stated, because it seeks to tap that fervor for just two easy payments of $19.95, plus shipping and handling.

O_M_G.
What an insult to intelligence.
And the taiga forest.
And the griz.
 **nononono*

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2017, 10:03:31 pm »
“No,  the Beast is not going to permit free speech.”

At least not the speech it hates: traditional, conservative, America first speech.

Twitter Founder Announces Strict New Thought Police Rules

In a series of tweets on Friday, Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey laid out vague reasoning for implementing some new rules governing content.

1/ We see voices being silenced on Twitter every day. We’ve been working to counteract this for the past 2 years.
    — jack (@jack) October 14, 2017

That's a bit ironic, given that it's usually Twitter that's doing the silencing.

Twitter has a history of unevenly applying rules. People on the left can tweet the most vile things without being suspended, while conservatives often seem to be singled out.

Early last year, Twitter announced the formation of a "Trust and Safety Council" to monitor abuse. The council has many very liberal groups as members, and no conservative groups. That rather skews what is viewed as offensive.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/10/13/twitter-founder-announces-strict-new-thought-police-rules/

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:32 pm »
O_M_G.
What an insult to intelligence.
And the taiga forest.
And the griz.
 **nononono*
I thought I'd surfed into a parody at first on some liberal channel, then I realized it was real.
 **nononono* indeed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2017, 11:12:43 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2017, 11:23:59 pm »
My agreeing with this true statement: I would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality, did not warrant your self-defensive, and at the same time witheringly personal attack on those who disagree with you, response.

I assume you also would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality.

So I assume you would agree with my "Nope."

And thus, your trying to pick yet another fight with me, is totally unnecessary.

Peace.   :beer:

@musiclady  No, I am not trying to pick a fight with you and I'm actually sorry that I was confrontive the very first time I challenged you.

Obviously, we have different opinions, but you are a nice lady and one I don't want to fight with.

So, yeah, peace and beer.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2017, 11:25:49 pm »
@musiclady  No, I am not trying to pick a fight with you and I'm actually sorry that I was confrontive the very first time I challenged you.

Obviously, we have different opinions, but you are a nice lady and one I don't want to fight with.

So, yeah, peace and beer.

If you make that Reisling, you have a deal!

(There aren't any gifs for that!)

@Emjay
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:13 pm »
Yup.

When my Mom was little during the Depression, my Aunt was Special Needs, and the State kept trying to take her from my GPs to institutionalize her.  My farmer Grandfather insisted, no, he could do a better job of it.  The state finally demanded, "Look, no teaching cert, no soap.  Hand her over."  So he said "Is that your final argument?"  "Yeah.  Pack her bags we're leaving."  He said "OK, first let me show you something."  He went to his bureau and pulled from a drawer his teaching certificate.  He had earned it years before when he got his degree, but had decided to farm instead.  He'd kept the cert all those years, and the State was forced to honor it, and leave my Mom's family alone.

Wow.  Great story.  This tyranny by the education folks is one reason I am so glad Trump appointed Betsy DeVos.  The left absolutely despises her.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.