Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46685 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2017, 12:28:55 pm »
No, propaganda posters aside, it was always seen as just plain nuts.

The end of the world may come, miniscule though the likelihood may be in our lifetime, but you hiding out in a bunker won't forestall it. Keeping a few guns, ammo and some food on hand for lesser emergencies has always been wise...but full on hiding in your bunker praying for nuclear apocalypse so you can laugh at your fellow citizens, not so much.

5 So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city. 6 And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd. 7 But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered. 8 And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2017, 12:29:26 pm »
I would say Trump has performed better than expected so far.  I am not pleased with his aggressive anti-trade posture, and I am not too keen on his boorish style.  Other than that, few complaints.

It does appear to me the world has gone insane over Trump. I have never seen an American leader who could drive people so absurdly crazy, both for and against.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »
I would say Trump has performed better than expected so far.  I am not pleased with his aggressive anti-trade posture, and I am not too keen on his boorish style.  Other than that, few complaints.

It does appear to me the world has gone insane over Trump. I have never seen an American leader who could drive people so absurdly crazy, both for and against.

I agree with you Victor and I'm one of those who did not vote for him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2017, 12:32:04 pm »

I think some of what endures him to his fans is his ability to drive their enemies absurdly crazy. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »

I think some of what endures him to his fans is his ability to drive their enemies absurdly crazy.

By winning against the bloated and self serving status quo. And that’s the savory part. Mmm Mmm good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2017, 04:34:04 pm »
How very Christian of you...wouldn't Jesus be proud.

He would be.  I was quoting HIS Word. (John 1:1-3, 14 - Jesus WAS the God of the OT)

Because I have called and you refused to listen, I have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded, because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof,
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.

Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, and would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices.

For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them.
- Proverbs 1:24-32

Ancient Israel and the Jews in 70 AD got to experience that firsthand. 

To a lunatic, reason and sanity most likely seem "flailing"...

Of course people like you call me a lunatic.  And you and others will call me and those like me, much worse than just lunatic, and do worse because of your visceral hatred of God for the one of your imagination as time goes on.

Dude, just go back to your bunker, enjoy an MRE and some recycled water...crank up some old Jimmy Swaggart tapes...polish up your AK...and wait for your chance to laugh at all of us "crazy" folks.

As I said, I am already laughing at the pathetic attempts to ridicule and shame principled Christian Conservatives to abandon their principles to join your crusade to "fight the Left" with the Left.  You folks will continue to provide plenty of levity with these lame pleas and shaming attempts which will undoubtedly get more shrill.   Your clairvoyance failure notwithstanding yet again, I am no fan of Swaggart and not particularly fond of AKs either.  But you go ahead with the mind-picture you have constructed in your head, you are good at that.

I'm sure, if your patient, you'll get that last laugh you're so desperate for.

I'm laughing now, but unfortunately I get to go through all the horrors and suffering you and this people have brought to bear upon us, and your wrath will be turned upon those of us whom you have already declared public enemies because we refuse to salute your political messiahs.

In the meantime, leave the adults to discuss how to move the nation down a more conservative and RATIONAL path in the small hopes we can forestall your hoped for apocalypse.

I know that's a nice way of demanding that I buzz off, but sorry pal - I have no intention of shutting up. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

It's amazing.  I never have either.  It's also appalling to me that so many GOP members have no problem with it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2017, 05:34:36 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2017, 05:40:11 pm »

He wants it that way.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2017, 05:54:25 pm »
He wants it that way.
I would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality. IIRC, that has generally not worked out well, historically.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »

To make it worse, knowledge wants to be free!  Khan Academy can teach virtually anything without costing you anything.   The only reason we demand ridiculously expensive college tuition is to subsidize this university system and the people in it,  all for us to be rewarded with them undermining the country! 

Texas has at least pushed the idea of a $10,000.00 degree program.  This is the direction things should be going.  There is no reason the costs of education should increase when the ability to transfer knowledge is getting easier and cheaper every year.
A completely online bachelors is a piece of cake. Or a cinch. Whatever tickles your pixels.

Livestreaming technology is here, now.

A major problem will be accreditation, since the education lobby controls much of that.

Time to "uber" the education industry, to a greater extent than already done. And make courses easily transferable, and long lasting.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 06:08:57 pm »
I would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality. IIRC, that has generally not worked out well, historically.

Nope.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 07:07:13 pm »
Nope.

Hey, people.  I didn't want Trump either but I think labeling his voters as emotional and, by inference, stupid is just plain wrong.

I couldn't vote but I think if it had come down to it, I would have voted for Trump to keep Hillary out.

And I'm not emotional about Trump; I am realistic.

It is a FACT that he is the president.  And I think he has done many good things.

And I also think the hate displayed against him by the media and the entertainment industry including sports is both irrational and disgraceful.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 07:12:13 pm »
Hey, people.  I didn't want Trump either but I think labeling his voters as emotional and, by inference, stupid is just plain wrong.

I couldn't vote but I think if it had come down to it, I would have voted for Trump to keep Hillary out.

And I'm not emotional about Trump; I am realistic.

It is a FACT that he is the president.  And I think he has done many good things.

And I also think the hate displayed against him by the media and the entertainment industry including sports is both irrational and disgraceful.

All I said was "nope."  :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »
All I said was "nope."  :shrug:

Well, I assumed you were agreeing with the poster you quoted.

If it was just a general 'nope' to everything, I could possibly agree.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 07:20:32 pm »

OK.  "Nope" to everything.  I'm in a contrarian mood today.   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 07:20:39 pm »

My agreeing with this true statement: I would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality, did not warrant your self-defensive, and at the same time witheringly personal attack on those who disagree with you, response.

I assume you also would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality.

So I assume you would agree with my "Nope."

And thus, your trying to pick yet another fight with me, is totally unnecessary.

Peace.   :beer:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:02:50 pm by musiclady »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »
My agreeing with this true statement: I would question the wisdom of establishing government by emotional polarization based on a personality, did not warrant your self-defensive, and at the same time witheringly personal attack on those who disagree with you, response.

I assume you also would question the wisdom of establishing government bye emotional polarization based on a personality.

So I assume you would agree with my "Nope."

And thus, your trying to pick yet another fight with me, is totally unnecessary.

Peace.   :beer:

@musiclady

You are mistaken, @Emjay does not pick fights.  Poor little lamb is a perpetual victim of everyone she disagrees with picking fights with her.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:08 pm »
@musiclady

You are mistaken, @Emjay does not pick fights.  Poor little lamb is a perpetual victim of everyone she disagrees with picking fights with her.

It's SO sad, ain't it?  **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:44 pm »
@musiclady

uuuuuuuuh YUP!

That's exactly what I did when I said "Nope."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:58 pm »
"Nope."

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:02:52 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:51 pm »
"Nope."

WHERE did you get that picture of me???

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 08:08:15 pm »
First of all, setting aside unwise campaign rhetoric, we need all conservatives back in this struggle. That includes NTrs and everyone else of good conscience.

Would President Hillary Clinton have;

1. Put Justice Gorsuch on the Supreme Court.
2. Ended DACA and the used it as a bargaining chip for better Border enforcement and a wall.
3. Exited the Paris Agreement.
4. Brought down NAFTA and reset for a new negotiation across the board.it.
5. Ended Obamacare insurance subsidies of over 7 billion dollars.
6. Deeply cut government regulation.
7. Nominated large numbers of Conservative justices to the Federal courts.
8. Decertified the Iran deal.
9. Stood up to NFL players disrespecting the anthem, flag and our national identity.
10. Proposed deep cuts in Corporate tax rates across the board.
11. Proposed deep cuts in taxes for the middle class.
12. Waged war against grotesque liberal media bias.
13. Imposed immigration limits on terror risk nations and fought for them in the courts.
14. Set the Justice Department and the admin to oppose "Sanctuary" cities.
15. Allowed private companies/insurers to NOT provide abortion coverage against their own moral views.
16. Opposed hysterical calls for strong new gun control legislation following the Vegas shooting.
17. Advocated for increased defense spending and revitalization in particular of our decaying naval forces.
18. Supported police and law enforcement at every turn against groups like ANTIFA and BLM.
19. Called consistently for protection of the unborn, and supporting a strict post 20 week ban on abortions.
20. Fought for new legislation, even if congress failed in its part, to repeal Obamacare.

This is just a partial list, but it should make clear to those who like to claim the President is a liberal just like Clinton and/or the Dems in general...and that it matters not between he and Hillary who won the White House. Well, guess what? It matters...and it matters in a YUGE way. Those of us who have supported Trump see all of his flaws, no less than those who consider themselves NT's, but we also see the vast and Conservatively positive differences between himself and Clinton. And while his conservatism may not be as pure as some like, nor his history as devoid of moderate to left associations whilst he was a businessman, this list demonstrates just how strongly he is and has been fighting for conservatism.

I post this for one reason, and one reason only...that those of you who are conservatives but not supporters of the President....and yes, I and nearly all Trump supporters respect your position...will now come around and join with us in what is quickly becoming an existential cultural and ideological struggle for the future of this nation. You are needed, just as we pro Trump folks will be needed down the road when a President Pence or President Cruz are fighting the radical Left. No one asks that anyone set aside their views or halt all critiques of policies and behaviors you disagree with...just that you let the bigger picture of what we face from the Left persuade you get back into the fight FOR an imperfect Republican President.

Who needs 20?  I joined the fight against the left two decades ago.  Why?  Because I detest commies.  And that sentiment has only grown over those past two decades.... and especially during the eight years of Obamanation.

They have infiltrated and infected every aspect of our lives and every venue of government, media and entertainment.   They're a disease that I much suspect will be fatal to this nation.... given enough time and leniency to their leftist agenda. 

I'll say it again.  As long as Trump stands against the radical left in America, I will stand with or in support of Trump.  (Disclaimer: that does NOT mean that I will approve of his every utterance, EO or twittering tweet, however.)
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 08:14:18 pm »
WHERE did you get that picture of me???

It was taken in Morristown, AZ (No kidding!).
I will NOT comply.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:43 pm »

You know,  this problem is more extensive than just the media.  I think one of the reasons Universities turn out so many left wing kook bats is because the Universities are not a market economy based system.   They are heavily subsidized in their ridiculous tuition costs by student loans from the US government.   

If they had to live on what they would get in a real market economy,  they would perhaps be less amicable to socialist ideology.   

Once again,  government involvement distorts the natural social/economic conditions.

Distorts being.... the nice way of saying how badly government fubars every damned thing it touches.   Kinda like Obama on steroids.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.