Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 47001 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2017, 12:06:41 am »
I have several times..he promises to come back..he needs a break

Well, I know he had to have some time to shovel the mud outta his hut, and he lost a flip flop during the hurricane and had to go get a job to buy a new pair... But I think he's slackin now.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2017, 12:07:21 am »
I don't even want to know what "the stuff" they scored is.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2017, 12:10:33 am »
Well, I know he had to have some time to shovel the mud outta his hut, and he lost a flip flop during the hurricane and had to go get a job to buy a new pair... But I think he's slackin now.

Maybe I will email him again soon...you are right no more excuses.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2017, 12:10:40 am »
(sigh)

Does it always fall to me?  Knock this crap off.  Mod 1 is bored because there's no Scotch, and the rest are out for a Fajita party because somebody scored a hundred pounds of the stuff.

I see a lock in the immediate future if somebody doesn't calm the waters.

I don't do well when threatened... My nervous flatulence will kick in...
Fair warning.  :whistle:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:12 am »
I don't do well when threatened... My nervous flatulence will kick in...
Fair warning.  :whistle:

:smokin: need a light?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:25 am »
This thread is doing nothing but giving me a lust to read this book (the author is a conservative himself---
which I already planned to read, but now I simply must have it:

Though I have to share one amusing point about it that convinces me that maybe nobody
should be allowed to review for Amazon unless they first pass a literacy test: namely,
one of the reader reviews of Mr. Sykes's book:

He is likely one of the two conservatives I really respect - and like.
I can't think of who the other one is at this moment. I look forward to reading
his book. Oh yes. George F. Will - I truly respect and admire him and his use
of language. If he wrote a book, I'd buy it too!

That about a man who has written fourteen books, the most important
of which---as any right-thinking person with right priorities must know---are . . .

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:11:44 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:52 am »
This thread went all to hell, and there's nothing but fighting now.  We can do better.  I will come in later and break it loose, but until something in the air improves this sucker is LOCKED.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:12:30 am by MOD4 »

Offline MOD4

« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2017, 01:32:42 am »
OK, let's give it another go.  Please let's do it without all the personal attacks, OK?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2017, 01:45:40 am »
I signed up in 2001, so I'm fairly aware of the history.  I just have no clue why it's being brought up or what it has to do with me.

Like I said before, I think the troll is trolling.

Oh, I thought you just didn't know.  Sorry.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2017, 01:48:40 am »
My vote is for everyone to shut the hell up.

Wouldn't be much of a discussion if we all did that.   

Reminds me of this:

Gale: All right, ya hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground.

Gale: Shut up!

Feisty Hayseed: Okay then.

Gale: Everybody down on the ground!

Evelle: Y'all can just forget that part about freezin' now.

Gale: Better still to get down there.

Evelle: Yeah, y'all hear that, don't ya?

[Everybody lays down. Gale looks at the now-empty teller windows]

Gale: Shit! Where'd all the tellers go?

Teller's voices: We're down here, sir.

Evelle: They're on the floor as you commanded, Gale.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2017, 01:50:58 am »
First of all, setting aside unwise campaign rhetoric, we need all conservatives back in this struggle. That includes NTrs and everyone else of good conscience.

Would President Hillary Clinton have;

1. Put Justice Gorsuch on the Supreme Court.
2. Ended DACA and the used it as a bargaining chip for better Border enforcement and a wall.
3. Exited the Paris Agreement.
4. Brought down NAFTA and reset for a new negotiation across the board.it.
5. Ended Obamacare insurance subsidies of over 7 billion dollars.
6. Deeply cut government regulation.
7. Nominated large numbers of Conservative justices to the Federal courts.
8. Decertified the Iran deal.
9. Stood up to NFL players disrespecting the anthem, flag and our national identity.
10. Proposed deep cuts in Corporate tax rates across the board.
11. Proposed deep cuts in taxes for the middle class.
12. Waged war against grotesque liberal media bias.
13. Imposed immigration limits on terror risk nations and fought for them in the courts.
14. Set the Justice Department and the admin to oppose "Sanctuary" cities.
15. Allowed private companies/insurers to NOT provide abortion coverage against their own moral views.
16. Opposed hysterical calls for strong new gun control legislation following the Vegas shooting.
17. Advocated for increased defense spending and revitalization in particular of our decaying naval forces.
18. Supported police and law enforcement at every turn against groups like ANTIFA and BLM.
19. Called consistently for protection of the unborn, and supporting a strict post 20 week ban on abortions.
20. Fought for new legislation, even if congress failed in its part, to repeal Obamacare.

This is just a partial list, but it should make clear to those who like to claim the President is a liberal just like Clinton and/or the Dems in general...and that it matters not between he and Hillary who won the White House. Well, guess what? It matters...and it matters in a YUGE way. Those of us who have supported Trump see all of his flaws, no less than those who consider themselves NT's, but we also see the vast and Conservatively positive differences between himself and Clinton. And while his conservatism may not be as pure as some like, nor his history as devoid of moderate to left associations whilst he was a businessman, this list demonstrates just how strongly he is and has been fighting for conservatism.

I post this for one reason, and one reason only...that those of you who are conservatives but not supporters of the President....and yes, I and nearly all Trump supporters respect your position...will now come around and join with us in what is quickly becoming an existential cultural and ideological struggle for the future of this nation. You are needed, just as we pro Trump folks will be needed down the road when a President Pence or President Cruz are fighting the radical Left. No one asks that anyone set aside their views or halt all critiques of policies and behaviors you disagree with...just that you let the bigger picture of what we face from the Left persuade you get back into the fight FOR an imperfect Republican President.

I didn't read the other posts, but in any event, this is a great list. I agree with ya.

The Cruz backers, the Rubio backers, etc...I mean it's been almost a year now past the 2016 election. We really do need to end the bickering and focus on the job that needs to be done. And part of that focus has to be to never again allow a malignancy like Barack Hussein Obama to occupy the White House.

Any calls for a conservative third party would doom us in 2020 and beyond. Do we want Trump in 2020 to be president or a leftist dope such as Elizabeth Warren. The right choice is obvious, so let's support Trump, sure keep his feet to the fire when necessary, but overall let's think Republican Party and work to make it stronger.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2017, 01:56:16 am »
I know.  Third party dreamers really make me sad.  Because it would doom the Republican Party and give power to the democrats.

Do I have to mention D.B. H. Ross Perot?  He had a fervent following, kinda Trump like.  And he gave us 8 years of Clinton.

I think the country is pretty conservative and pretty fed up with moderate Congress Critters who block all attempts at reform.

It may take a couple of elections and, dare I say, a few people aging out, but I think we can get a good congress if we put the effort into that that people want to put into getting rid of Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2017, 02:02:45 am »

Any calls for a conservative third party would doom us in 2020 and beyond.

Then be doomed.

Do we want Trump in 2020 to be president

NOPE.

or a leftist dope such as Elizabeth Warren.

NOPE.

The right choice is obvious, so let's support Trump

That isn't the right choice.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2017, 02:03:12 am »
Any calls for a conservative third party would doom us in 2020 and beyond.

Too damn bad.  The GOP made their bed with the liberal Left, I will NEVER again vote for anyone in that party.

If they are Conservative, they need to get out of the Republican party if they want votes from Conservatives.  This is my crusade - to get as many Conservatives OUT of the Republican party and into a Third Party outside of the corrupted and irredeemable parties residing at Mordor on the Potomac.

Do we want Trump in 2020 to be president or a leftist dope such as Elizabeth Warren.

Makes no difference to me.  Both of them are urban Liberals and I can care less which of them rules from the throne in DC.

The right choice is obvious, so let's support Trump, sure keep his feet to the fire when necessary, but overall let's think Republican Party and work to make it stronger.

Nope.  Your party is dead and nothing more than another liberal Statist party pretending to be Conservative.

Some of us former Elephants have LONG memories about the rules changes at the conventions and the elimination of the grassroots having influence in your party and we are DONE being battered housewives to an adulterous and malignant Establishment that goes to war on us each every time we attempt to hold their feet to the fire.

It's time to start over with a new party not corrupted by the Oligarchy in D.C.

I know.  Third party dreamers really make me sad.  Because it would doom the Republican Party and give power to the democrats.

Irrelevant.  Both parties are one and the same, and given what the Republican leadership has done to the TEA Party - I am in favor of lending a hand to doom it to Whig-status immediately.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2017, 02:04:42 am »

Do I have to mention D.B. H. Ross Perot?  He had a fervent following, kinda Trump like.  And he gave us 8 years of Clinton.

I think the country is pretty conservative and pretty fed up with moderate Congress Critters who block all attempts at reform.

It may take a couple of elections and, dare I say, a few people aging out, but I think we can get a good congress if we put the effort into that that people want to put into getting rid of Trump.

If Perot doesn't run, Bush 1 beats Bill Clinton handily...and the best players today on the game show Jeopardy might not know the first name of Bill Clinton's wife.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2017, 02:12:33 am »
If Perot doesn't run, Bush 1 beats Bill Clinton handily...and the best players today on the game show Jeopardy might not know the first name of Bill Clinton's wife.

READ MY LIPS.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2017, 02:16:03 am »

Perot's supporters were heavily on the Libertarian side.   Had Perot not been in the race,  or had there been a run off  (Something I believe should happen every time a President gets less than 50% of the vote)  Bush would have won,  and much bad in the world would have been averted.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2017, 02:16:09 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:12 am »
READ MY LIPS.

That's what put him within striking distance,  but without Perot teaming up with Bill Clinton to attack him,  he would have survived it.   Also without the media waging their propaganda war on the economy,  Bush would have won.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2017, 02:19:39 am »
Too damn bad.  The GOP made their bed with the liberal Left, I will NEVER again vote for anyone in that party.

If they are Conservative, they need to get out of the Republican party if they want votes from Conservatives.  This is my crusade - to get as many Conservatives OUT of the Republican party and into a Third Party outside of the corrupted and irredeemable parties residing at Mordor on the Potomac.

Makes no difference to me.  Both of them are urban Liberals and I can care less which of them rules from the throne in DC.

Nope.  Your party is dead and nothing more than another liberal Statist party pretending to be Conservative.

Some of us former Elephants have LONG memories about the rules changes at the conventions and the elimination of the grassroots having influence in your party and we are DONE being battered housewives to an adulterous and malignant Establishment that goes to war on us each every time we attempt to hold their feet to the fire.

It's time to start over with a new party not corrupted by the Oligarchy in D.C.

Irrelevant.  Both parties are one and the same, and given what the Republican leadership has done to the TEA Party - I am in favor of lending a hand to doom it to Whig-status immediately.

What you are striving for would simply hand governance of the nation to the Democratic party in perpetuity. So in a way, you are working VERY hard to ensure the Democrats take over this nation and...eventually...turn it into a version of the old USSR. Great plan.

And no, while its an easy and childish answer to proclaim so, the parties are very much NOT the same. They may both be inadequate and power hungry...as is the nature of any and all political parties, including 3rd parties...but issue by issue they are deeply in opposition, in some cases 180 degrees apart. Pretending they are the same...so one can act a fantasy of pure conservatism in a 3rd party...is quite possibly the single dumbest plan in the history of modern political thought. Its a guarantee of losing...permanently...the GOP and your little 3rd party would become irrelevant and conservatism as a viable political force would be lost in this nation. Why would anyone claiming to be a conservative wish for such a thing?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:20:13 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2017, 02:20:15 am »

That's what put him within striking distance,  but without Perot teaming up with Bill Clinton to attack him,  he would have survived it.   Also without the media waging their propaganda war on the economy,  Bush would have won.

I'm not sure about that.  The campaign was notoriously bad and I know that because I was there.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2017, 02:23:35 am »
I'm not sure about that.  The campaign was notoriously bad and I know that because I was there.

Getting attacked from two sides, three if you count the media,  can do that to you. 

I too was part of my state's campaign to elect Bush.  It galled me greatly because I really wanted him out,   but once I found out what a piece of sh*t Bill Clinton was,  I had to go back to Bush.   

I was furious that I was putting up signs and canvassing literature for that Naive @$$hole.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2017, 02:24:19 am »
READ MY LIPS.

Of course that promise in hindsight was a mistake. And the Democratic Party beat it to death.

Dan Quayle didn't help Bush either, and I like Quayle and his views, but he should have remained a senator.

All that being said, it was Perot who cost Bush 1 his second term.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2017, 02:29:26 am »
This thread went all to hell, and there's nothing but fighting now.  We can do better.  I will come in later and break it loose, but until something in the air improves this sucker is LOCKED.

Can you let me know when you "Unlock this sucker"? I have a whole lot more to say on this thread about minivans. I forgot to cover Chrysler products on the last thread I hijacked....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:34 am »
Of course that promise in hindsight was a mistake. And the Democratic Party beat it to death.

No, the promise wasn't the problem. Breaking the promise was the problem.

All that being said, it was Perot who cost Bush 1 his second term.

Good. I am glad he lost, regardless. There has to be a consequence - something party-line lesser evil wonks don't seem to understand.

These 'lesser evil' arguments are old saw. All y'all need some new shtick.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:31:06 am by roamer_1 »