Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46656 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2017, 10:16:41 pm »
I sometimes think the one biblical admonition those in government adhere to without question or fail,
whether or not they enunciate it while acting, is Christ's distinction between Caesar and God---while
they make bloody sure that Caesar makes off with the whole pot.

As I have said before... the lesson of that particular passage is oft mistaken:
Everything is God's. Even the very breath in Caesar's lungs.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:21 pm »
And that citizenry includes those who happen to hold public offices!

I agree. I don't think anyone here...to my knowledge..believes a public official can't state their belief while in office.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »
No, it is not. It is about proof. If you cannot prove your faith, then you are doing it wrong. The 'faith' part is in believing the proofs - and therein understanding that the god of your choice is indeed God, and will do as he said.

And in that, there is only One.

If you think belief in god is based on proof...wow.  Just wow.

How does one prove their personal version of an omnipotent, omniscient and thus incomrehensible being? Its beyond absurd to make such an assertion. You believe what you believe on faith or not at all...there is no proof.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2017, 11:08:58 pm »
Let's can the theological discussion, shall we?  We have claims on both sides vis the existence of God, it's only a matter of time before we have claims everybody's going to Heck, and TBR just doesn't do that.  Capiche?  Gracias.

M1

Online roamer_1

« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2017, 11:09:59 pm »
If you think belief in god is based on proof...wow.  Just wow.

How does one prove their personal version of an omnipotent, omniscient and thus incomrehensible being? Its beyond absurd to make such an assertion. You believe what you believe on faith or not at all...there is no proof.

There are many things beyond our comprehension - many beings as well.
All we can go by is by what they have declared to us - Which is why the deist god is such a cop out - Something intangible, undetectable, and non-participatory is exactly the sort of god one would have if one subscribes to the humanist position (which necessarily is 'do as thou wilt' in the end, and evidence of the true god that they serve, not that he is ever true.).

All others have thrown their hat in the ring by way of declarations through their agents. and demonstrations of miracles and power. Study those things, and you will find but one of unchanging law and character. You will find one who demonstrates that he, and only he, knows the end from the beginning. The proof, ultimately, is in the prophecy.

But my God is tangible (to everyone, at least indirectly, as he declares) and participatory. I follow in his way, because his way is easy to discern: His tracks are different from the others, due to the scars from the nails that pierced his feet.

To say it well would be a long, long  conversation, which I would happily entertain, but which does not belong here, according to the ruleset we operate under.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2017, 11:11:40 pm »
Let's can the theological discussion, shall we?  We have claims on both sides vis the existence of God, it's only a matter of time before we have claims everybody's going to Heck, and TBR just doesn't do that.  Capiche?  Gracias.

M1

Sorry, @Mod1 - I was editing my post while you made yours... I will remove it if you like.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2017, 11:13:28 pm »
Sorry, @Mod1 - I was editing my post while you made yours... I will remove it if you like.

Ships have been known to pass in the night.  Proceed as you see fit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:16 pm »
I sometimes think the one biblical admonition those in government adhere to without question or fail,
whether or not they enunciate it while acting, is Christ's distinction between Caesar and God---while
they make bloody sure that Caesar makes off with the whole pot.

@EasyAce

I have had numerous conversations with supposed Christian liberals end badly when I simply ask them to direct me to the place where Jesus EVER said words to the effect that I should give my money to Cesar so Cesar can take care of the poor!  Don't know why!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:15:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2017, 11:37:02 pm »

M1

Very multicultural of you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2017, 02:26:13 am »
Bigun wrote above:
"You seem to be very uninformed on the HUGE role religion played in the formation of this country and it wasn't any one specific religion either!"

Right on, Bigun!

Those who refuse to acknowledge this historical truth are nothing more than fools.

And even "conservative" forums have a healthy dose of 'em!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2017, 01:16:31 pm »
Computer technology could help eliminate the madness of loading our kids in buses every morning and delivering them to government indoctrination centers (public schools) and then busing them back home in the afternoon. In congested cities school buses play havoc with morning and afternoon traffic. We could save tax money on schools. Then there’s the danger to children walking in traffic to think about.

I could definitely see a future when schools become obsolete.

A new study shows that students learn way more effectively from print textbooks than screens
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,286120.0.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2017, 02:52:13 pm »
Bigun wrote above:
"You seem to be very uninformed on the HUGE role religion played in the formation of this country and it wasn't any one specific religion either!"

Right on, Bigun!

Those who refuse to acknowledge this historical truth are nothing more than fools.

And even "conservative" forums have a healthy dose of 'em!

An entirely moot point, as no one here refuses to acknowledge historical truth. In fact, the arguments I've made here are based entirely on that truth, and in support I've included numerous direct quotes from our Founding Fathers. Further, as an avid student of history, I've read the Federalist Papers ad nauseam along with a wide range of other writings from the era. I'm not a theologian by any measure, nor is the revolutionary era my specialty, but I do have my MA in Ancient History...so yes, I know how to study historical texts AND how to place them in context. So you'd be wise to accept that we are generally working with same set of facts, yet reaching different conclusions...its an easy out to pretend you know the history of our founding and those who disagree with your perspective are simply ignorant. Worse, its just plain wrong.

With respect to our mod, I understand your concerns and respect your admonition to avoid theological arguments. As importantly, this detour has taken us off track from the real issue of the thread....which is the fact that our President has powerfully fought for a host of strongly conservative issues...meeting with some success but also being thwarted in part by fellow Republicans. Those who dislike the President, all too often are unwilling to acknowledge the things he is actually working toward...and the clearly conservative nature of his governance thus far. That's a shame.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:03 pm »
And evil is contagious.   They must sprinkle it into the water in DC, in fact.  Or maybe it's in the champagne.

The love of money is the root of all evil.   What is it that Washington DC does again?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2017, 04:13:15 pm »

M1

Thank you.  It is ironic how religious arguments create the most venom.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2017, 04:18:40 pm »
Thank you.  It is ironic how religious arguments create the most venom.

And as we've seen, so do principles when refused to be compromised for political expediency.

Those too create just as much 'venom' if not moreso.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »
A new study shows that students learn way more effectively from print textbooks than screens
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,286120.0.html

So many things wrong with the public schools and, yet, I confess I'm not buying this home school thing.

Why?  Because so many people are simply not capable of home schooling.  I know I'm not.  I don't have the patience. 

And home schooling does not fit into our current lifestyle.  Most families now have both parents working.  And this is because we are not content to have the lifestyle we had 50 years ago. 

We were content then to live in modest homes, have one car and take maybe one vacation a year.

We could live on a husband's salary and the wife could stay home with the kids.

Now, people count on the schools as baby sitters as much as educational places.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2017, 04:48:47 pm »
And as we've seen, so do principles when refused to be compromised for political expediency.

Those too create just as much 'venom' if not moreso.

Nope. People here, almost unanimously, respect those who hold to principles. The venom stems from people imagining their principles are superior to those they engage with on the board. The combination of arrogance and ignorance paves the way for that kind of thinking. Fortunately, most people generally see through that kind of self promotion though it does fool some of the people some of the time.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2017, 05:11:29 pm »
Nope. People here, almost unanimously, respect those who hold to principles.

That is an abject lie.

The 'perfect being the enemy of the good' meme is one tossed about nearly every day on this board upon those who hold to principles they demand be surrendered for the 'better good'.

There is contempt and condemnation by people like you for those who hold to principles that have been declared to be an enemy.

The venom stems from people imagining their principles are superior to those they engage with on the board.

That happens when we refuse to surrender them to the likes of you.

Fortunately, most people generally see through that kind of self promotion though it does fool some of the people some of the time.

'Most people' (being); 'smarter'; 'reasonable'; 'non-judgmental'; 'more intelligent' - (than those who refuse to side with us)....

You borrow so liberally from the liberal debate and shaming tactics of the Left - it's truly a marvel to behold that you can call yourself a Conservative with a straight face.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod2

« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:39 pm »
OK, we've been doing well here.  Let's be careful about straying into personal attacks.  Keep the arguments about the ideas, not the Members....

Thanks,
Mod 2

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »
That is an abject lie.

The 'perfect being the enemy of the good' meme is one tossed about nearly every day on this board upon those who hold to principles they demand be surrendered for the 'better good'.

There is contempt and condemnation by people like you for those who hold to principles that have been declared to be an enemy.

That happens when we refuse to surrender them to the likes of you.

'Most people' (being); 'smarter'; 'reasonable'; 'non-judgmental'; 'more intelligent' - (than those who refuse to side with us)....

You borrow so liberally from the liberal debate and shaming tactics of the Left - it's truly a marvel to behold that you can call yourself a Conservative with a straight face.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."  -Edmund Burke

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:20 pm »
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."  -Edmund Burke

"Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." - Jesus Christ, John 17:17

" For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:21-22

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2017, 09:15:34 pm »
*YAWN*
Principles.

Outcomes.  Trump is getting authentic conservative stuff done.

Member "Mesaclone" listed them, but there is a more overarching thing:  Trump has turned our elite rulers into maniacs who are making mistakes left and right.

I was one, on this board, who decried Trump's approach and nature during the primaries.  I liked most all of the Pubbies in that primary (excepting Kasich) and Trump was brutally insulting and bullying towards them.  He went to Janesville, WI - a place with an angry former UAW retiree population - and crap-talked Scott Walker for God's sake.  Perhaps the most successful and battle-tested Republican governor in recent history.   

But, it all changed for me when Trump won the Indiana primary and it was pretty certain that Priebus wasn't going to make the Convention into the circus the media and Left wanted.

Honestly, I've been happy with Trump.  Yeah, I wish he'd think twice before tweeting, but he's been an incredible blessing for those of us who want to crack this dysfunctional DC/New York/Hollywood cabal that is forcing our beautiful American political and cultural heritage into the sewer.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:27:57 pm by ArneFufkin »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2017, 09:17:22 pm »
Outcomes.  Trump is getting authentic conservative stuff done.

No, he's really not.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2017, 09:25:52 pm »
No, he's really not.

Yeah, he really is.

Did you read the initial post?   

Online roamer_1

« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:03 pm »
Yeah, he really is.

Did you read the initial post?