Author Topic: Sarah Sanders & Chief of Staff John Kelly WH Press Briefing 10/12/17  (Read 511 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sarah Sanders & Chief of Staff John Kelly WH Press Briefing 10/12/17
YouTube, Oct 12, 2017, WH.gov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejE-niSpx_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejE-niSpx_U

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Sarah Sanders & Chief of Staff John Kelly WH Press Briefing 10/12/17
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:15:25 pm »
Very interesting--Kelly takes questions from the press on everything from his job to updates on current foreign affairs.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »
Watch for yourself (link above) and decide if this should be the headline from Kelly's time behind the podium ....

Chief of Staff Gen John Kelly Steps Up to White House Press Podium, Immediately Savages Media
Independent Journal Review, Oct 12, 2017

It is not rare for Sarah Sanders to let other administration officials take the White House press podium.

However, the room went silent when White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly took the podium Thursday for the first time in his new position. Kelly explained his lack of press availability, beginning his remarks by saying, “I've decided not to do too much with the press until I get my feet on the ground.”

It took Kelly, a Marine combat veteran of 45 years, approximately one minute to lay into the White House press and the leaks coming out of the White House. Kelly specifically addressed leaks from an “off the record” meeting he had with reporters earlier this year. Kelly said:

More: http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/10/996474-chief-staff-gen-john-kelly-steps-white-house-press-podium-immediately-savages-media/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »
Very interesting--Kelly takes questions from the press on everything from his job to updates on current foreign affairs.

Kelly is totally self-confident, unafraid of anything and charming.

Hope he stays in the administration.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:45:18 pm »
Kelly is totally self-confident, unafraid of anything and charming.

Hope he stays in the administration.

First time I've watched a press briefing with Huckabee-Sanders, not at all impressed with her in the least.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:57:50 pm »
First time I've watched a press briefing with Huckabee-Sanders, not at all impressed with her in the least.

I think she’s head and shoulders above Sean Spicer.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:02:59 am »
I think she’s head and shoulders above Sean Spicer.

I agree.  I've caught Sarah's pressers quite a few times and when it comes to handling the pressitutes, she is masterful.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:09 am »

I like her a lot but this presser was all Kelly.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:42 am »
John Kelly declares ‘I’m not quitting,’ in surprise briefing appearance
Fox News, Oct 12, 2017

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly made a surprise appearance at Thursday's press briefing to assure reporters that he is "not quitting" and is "not frustrated" in the job -- in an apparent swipe at rampant media reports.

Among them was a Vanity Fair report saying he's struggling in the position, and his relationship with President Trump is "irreparable."

But Kelly told reporters he's staying put.

“I’m not quitting today. I don’t think I’m being fired today. I am not so frustrated in this job that I am thinking of leaving,” Kelly told reporters, adding he is “not frustrated.” “I will tell you this is the hardest job I’ve ever had.”

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/12/john-kelly-declares-m-not-quitting-in-surprise-briefing-appearance.html