Author Topic: Trump to name White House aide to homeland security post (Kirstjen Nielsen)  (Read 1773 times)

Offline endicom

Reuters
Steve Holland
Oct. 11, 2017

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump will nominate Kirstjen Nielsen, who as top aide to his White House chief of staff has sought to instill order in Trump’s team, to lead the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the White House said in a statement on Wednesday.

If confirmed by the Senate, Nielsen would take the reins at a sprawling department with more than 240,000 employees that is responsible for U.S. border and airport security, immigration policy, disaster response, refugee admissions and other matters.

More... http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-dhs/trump-to-name-white-house-aide-to-homeland-security-post-idUSKBN1CG2EH

Offline Frank Cannon

Kirstjen Nielsen

What the hell type of stupid first name is that. I can't even pronounce it.

Offline endicom

Kirstjen Nielsen

Off the wall spelling of names has been the thing for some time now. For Americans, that is. Immigrants tend to simplify their names to make life easier.

Offline LadyLiberty

Not an off the wall name if you are Swedish.

Offline Suppressed

Took only 2-1/2 months.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

So now we have foreign nationals in cabinet seats? We really need to build that damn wall.

Offline endicom

I thought it would be Scandinavian but couldn't find that name in a web search.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Kirstjen Nielsen

It is jender confusion, @Frank Cannon. A lesbian trapped in a woman's body.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nielsen served during the George W. Bush administration as special assistant to the president and as senior director for prevention, preparedness and response at the White House Homeland Security Council. She also set-up and led the Transportation Security Administration's Office of Legislative Policy and Government Affairs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirstjen_Nielsen

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:21:48 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kirstjen Nielsen

Pretty common around these parts. Still see that in these parts even four or five generations from 'the old country' (often Norway), most commonly in surnames. Pronounce the 'j' as an 'i' and you'll be passably close.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Thank you.  I really don't care about her name.  I just wanted to know if she has the qualifications for the job.