Author Topic: CBS’ Schieffer: ‘Mainstream Media’ Doesn’t Broadcast Stories Unless They’re ‘True’  (Read 626 times)

rangerrebew

CBS’ Schieffer: ‘Mainstream Media’ Doesn’t Broadcast Stories Unless They’re ‘True’
By Kristine Marsh | October 11, 2017 11:27 AM EDT

Longtime CBS news anchor Bob Schieffer pushed back on President Trump’s characterization of his network and others as “fake news” during an appearance on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, October 9th. Schieffer blasted online media sources like Facebook, arguing that the public needs to understand that only the “mainstream media” vets, and fact-checks before printing or broadcasting their news.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2017/10/11/cbs-schieffer-mainstream-media-doesnt-broadcast-stories-unless

rangerrebew

:mauslaff: :laughingdog: Hey, Bob!! Stop :dighole:   10631

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Dan Rather approves
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Schieffer is the fellow who walked through a crowd of thousands on the DeeCee mall, protesting the Obamacare disaster being rammed through by the Democrats.  This is the protest where Pelosi walked through carrying the giant gavel and Cong. Lewis claimed he was spit on (though not one photo or video was ever produced, even with a $100,000 bounty offered for one). 

That Sunday on his show he said he saw no crowd at all on the Mall that day.  Nobody.

He's not stupid, but he sure thinks everybody else is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
:mauslaff: :laughingdog: Hey, Bob!! Stop :dighole:   10631
You might like this one to add to your repertoire, I've grown fond of it.

https://ivn.us/2016/11/21/25-fake-news-stories-mainstream-media/
Interestingly in #9 they claim the media aired The Swift Boat Veteran's false claims about John Kerry, so even the author has an agenda to spread lies.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:48:27 pm by GtHawk »

Offline goatprairie

The biggest sin of Big Lib Media was not necessarily telling lies....it was/is ignoring stories that didn't/don't  fit their agenda. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The biggest sin of Big Lib Media was not necessarily telling lies....it was/is ignoring stories that didn't/don't  fit their agenda.

Bingo.  It's not the lies as much as it's the cover-ups.  Of course, there are plenty of both these days.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

Bingo.  It's not the lies as much as it's the cover-ups.  Of course, there are plenty of both these days.
I remember hearing about the gatekeeper role of the media in some college class many decades ago. Up to that point I was a Dem voter and more liberal than I am now. I assumed the media reported all relevant stories.
It was only until I got a little older (and read more conservative literature) that I realized how much pertinent news Big Media almost totally ignored if it contradicted their liberal agenda.
I remember arguing with one of my liberal brothers who was railing about FOX news "poisoning" the minds of their listeners and causing national disruption.
I informed my brother that only a tiny pct. of the adult viewing audience watches FOX news. Maybe only 3 percent of the public.
Of course, he was upset that anybody watched FOX news.  He refused to believe that a non-liberal agenda had any merit.
Most Americans, unfortunately, still tune in to the alphabet networks for their "news."  They remain brainwashed like my brother (who unfortunately died last year a hardcore lib.)

rangerrebew

There was anti islamic terrorism rally in London over the weekend - over 70,000 people marched in it but the BBC, which had reporters there, decided not to deal with it, consequently their lying brothers in the American media have failed to cover it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I remember hearing about the gatekeeper role of the media in some college class many decades ago.

Bill Clinton inartfully called that the "Truth Detector."  Limbaugh mocked him ruthlessly for that.
I will NOT comply.