Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81114 times)

Offline RoosGirl

I want to spend more time talking about pie.  I had some really good pie last week...pumpkin pie with lotsa whipped cream.

Oh, I made a fresh apple pie.  Not my best work, but it all got eaten, so not my worst either.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

I have a really nice recipe for pumpkin pie that ends up turning out almost like a mousse instead of that dense pumpkin filling you get from a lot of places.

Online roamer_1

By 14 that had changed, but by 14 I was working heavy construction on a seawall crew between stints on a pile driver as a deckhand, worked on my grandfather's farm (and had for years) in the tobacco fields and baling hay, had been driving tractor for years, and had just joined the Volunteer Fire Department. I had my own boat (skiff) and a commercial fishing license.  This was within a handful of years of the time of these allegations.

Legally, 14 year-olds are still not adults, but when we think of "children" the tendency is to envision grade schoolers, not nubile adolescents. We even call them "teenagers" instead of "children", and they are commonly not hesitant to remind adults of that change in status, even though the legal significance is moot.

In that same vein, my mother was cooking three meals a day for a whole farm when she was 12, By that age, she could drive anything with a stick, and often drove hay truck and silage truck during haying operations. She drove 2T grain trucks to the grain elevators in town as soon as she was legal to drive (14 1/2 or so) She also managed the chicken operation, both eggs and meat, worked the garden and canning, putting up food. And she made dresses for herself and her sister.

I would readily assure you her mental maturity and development at an early age would far outstrip the level present in current girls. And in that, I sure won't cuss her for marrying young.

Offline DiogenesLamp

And another spending more time bitching about what someone won't do for you that could do for yourself. 

Another erroneous assumption.   I haven't the first clue as to how to make sense of what you said.   I do not know to what you are referring,  and I can only guess it had something to do with something or other we talked about previously,  that is seemingly more significant to you than it was to me. 

Such is life, sometimes we must make sacrifices.

Sacrifice?   I consider arguing to be my favorite form of entertainment.   :)

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have a really nice recipe for pumpkin pie that ends up turning out almost like a mousse instead of that dense pumpkin filling you get from a lot of places.

I have the same regard for pumpkin pie you have for pecan pie but I might try that one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Pumpkin Pie is meant to be a custard pie, so anything you can do to "floof" it up is good work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Pumpkin Pie is meant to be a custard pie, so anything you can do to "floof" it up is good work.

FLOOF? Is that a technical term?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FLOOF? Is that a technical term?

I think it is...in the sense that "worrying" your eggs is a thing to do on the way to the frying pan to make an omelet.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

I think it is...in the sense that "worrying" your eggs is a thing to do on the way to the frying pan to make an omelet.

Alright... I get that. I've worried up my eggs many a time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Alright... I get that. I've worried up my eggs many a time.

Same thing.  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In that same vein, my mother was cooking three meals a day for a whole farm when she was 12, By that age, she could drive anything with a stick, and often drove hay truck and silage truck during haying operations. She drove 2T grain trucks to the grain elevators in town as soon as she was legal to drive (14 1/2 or so) She also managed the chicken operation, both eggs and meat, worked the garden and canning, putting up food. And she made dresses for herself and her sister.

I would readily assure you her mental maturity and development at an early age would far outstrip the level present in current girls. And in that, I sure won't cuss her for marrying young.
I think we are seeing some differences in upbringing here, I know we are seeing some differences in rate of maturation, and a decided tendency to judge the behaviour of teenagers then by the behaviour of teenagers now. I think 'kids' grow up quicker in the boonies. We were deer hunting at 9, alone in the woods with a lethal weapon, at an age where you can't even take a hunter safety course now.  The odd part of that is that between sexualization by social and educational influences and earlier physical maturation now, mollycoddling and limitations on what they can do have produced a neotenic generation that might be good with a few (relatively fragile) gadgets but who can't handle power tools or adult responsibilities. Ironically, those "pure" 17 year olds are likely much more rare now than they were in Moore's day and age.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think we are seeing some differences in upbringing here, I know we are seeing some differences in rate of maturation, and a decided tendency to judge the behaviour of teenagers then by the behaviour of teenagers now. I think 'kids' grow up quicker in the boonies. We were deer hunting at 9, alone in the woods with a lethal weapon, at an age where you can't even take a hunter safety course now.  The odd part of that is that between sexualization by social and educational influences and earlier physical maturation now, mollycoddling and limitations on what they can do have produced a neotenic generation that might be good with a few (relatively fragile) gadgets but who can't handle power tools or adult responsibilities. Ironically, those "pure" 17 year olds are likely much more rare now than they were in Moore's day and age.

Then what kind of pie do you like?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Chicken Pot. :tongue2:

I have a turkey pot pie on the way.  10 minutes.

Ice cream for desert.  Next weekend I'm getting some Pee-can pie. 
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

That's right - It's been all along that you and I seem to have had the same upbriging and walked along close paths... We may not be in the same place, but I can nearly always see you from here  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Smokin Joe

That's right - It's been all along that you and I seem to have had the same upbriging and walked along close paths... We may not be in the same place, but I can nearly always see you from here  :beer: :seeya:
Yep!  :beer: :seeya:

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Another erroneous assumption.   I haven't the first clue as to how to make sense of what you said.   I do not know to what you are referring,  and I can only guess it had something to do with something or other we talked about previously,  that is seemingly more significant to you than it was to me. 

Sacrifice?   I consider arguing to be my favorite form of entertainment.   :)

An erroneous assumption, yet you have no clue what I'm talking about.  I think I'm going to have to call a Mod to have you booted from the forum.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The Tech Giants Must Be Reined In

For years, Facebook and the others have lobbied effectively to keep costly regulations and laws at bay with a false narrative that maintains they are not media companies but are merely “platforms.” This is akin to the “Uber defense,” designed to bypass licensing, insurance or inspection requirements to enhance profits and to unfairly compete. But if Uber is not a taxi service and Facebook is not a media company, then I am a bot.

Newspapers and broadcasters are, after all, platforms too—platforms that both create and curate content from third parties. At the very minimum, they cannot print or beam defamatory statements, nor incite violence. If they do, they are subject to punishment, litigation or both.

But beyond that, journalistic institutions have always felt themselves bound to faithfully relay a version of reality to its customers. Not so the tech giants. “At our heart, we’re a tech company; we hire engineers. We don’t hire reporters, no one’s a journalist, we don’t cover the news,” says Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/11/27/tech-giants-must-reined/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Tech Giants Must Be Reined In

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/11/27/tech-giants-must-reined/

Glad to see that conservatives have finally acknowledged that they are no more pro-liberty than liberals at this point.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Glad to see that conservatives have finally acknowledged that they are no more pro-liberty than liberals at this point.

<************>You are not aware of the dire *THREAT*  these people pose to us,<***************> be able to grasp.   

NOPE.  Let's not. 

If we don't stop the takeover of all communication systems by  the "elite",   we are going to lose far more freedom than you have the wit to understand.   

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:42:28 pm by Mod1 »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

<************>You are not aware of the dire *THREAT*  these people pose to us,<***************> be able to grasp.   

NOPE.  Let's not. 

If we don't stop the takeover of all communication systems by  the "elite",   we are going to lose far more freedom than you have the wit to understand.
Oh yeah. I am. Trial by Facebook. Mob just us (hit thingy to 'like').
Google has had years of practice keeping the net just what the Chinese want their people to see--and nothing more--while between the two, those who disagree can be reported to the relevant authorities as 'domestic terrorists'.

Does anyone recall the video walls and Montag in Fahrenheit 451 watching as he is cornered and shot down by the authorities? Prescient, that, I hope I still have my hard copy after the fire...

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

For the membership which has enough understanding to grasp the threat of big tech censorship,  a video about YouTube (google)  censorship. 

https://youtu.be/_4NgO69RprE
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Oh yeah. I am. Trial by Facebook. Mob just us (hit thingy to 'like').
Google has had years of practice keeping the net just what the Chinese want their people to see--and nothing more--while between the two, those who disagree can be reported to the relevant authorities as 'domestic terrorists'.

Does anyone recall the video walls and Montag in Fahrenheit 451 watching as he is cornered and shot down by the authorities? Prescient, that, I hope I still have my hard copy after the fire...

I guess some people didn't grow up reading dystopian literature like Fahrenheit 451,  or Animal Farm,  or 1984.   They seem oblivious to the threat to freedom posed by censorship regardless of the *SOURCE* of that censorship. 

They seem to find proxy agents for the elite or the government to be perfectly acceptable.

It is a necessary requirement of American freedom to insure all voices can be heard.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I guess some people didn't grow up reading dystopian literature like Fahrenheit 451,  or Animal Farm,  or 1984.   They seem oblivious to the threat to freedom posed by censorship regardless of the *SOURCE* of that censorship. 

They seem to find proxy agents for the elite or the government to be perfectly acceptable.

It is a necessary requirement of American freedom to insure all voices can be heard.

Seemed like everything I ever read was dystopian.  Then I found out Dick and Jane were related.  Ruined everything.  Still love Spot, I named one of my cats after him.
I will NOT comply.