Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81113 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Try looking back at Reply #884 that you commented on and restarted this whole pointless conversation.

Come up with tens of billions of dollars to build a competing propaganda system?   

Not a rational idea.   You might as well tell the slaves "Just overthrow your masters." 

No,  they have us at a disadvantage such that we cannot compete with them.   They have the upper hand,  and sufficient monopoly power to keep it.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Come up with tens of billions of dollars to build a competing propaganda system?   

Not a rational idea.   You might as well tell the slaves "Just overthrow your masters." 

No,  they have us at a disadvantage such that we cannot compete with them.   They have the upper hand,  and sufficient monopoly power to keep it.

I know, right?  Let's just take shit that doesn't belong to us and shut it down.  It's so much easier that way.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I've considered starting an argument on this thread just to get it locked, even if I have to sacrifice myself for a few days.   :laugh:

So you are in principle in favor of censorship?   That sort of explains why you throw out Ideas that won't really address the issue.   

No "Change the channel!"  for me,   and no "build a competing conversation on another thread!" for me,   Just "lock this thread because *I* don't like conversations about media power and censorship.  "

Many a true word is said in jest.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp    I realize you weren't asking me, specifically, but I do have a plausible solution. 
   It worked as recently as September 2016.  Hijack an existing party that is more in line with your views.
   Movement must be seen by/in early 2019, immediately after the midterms, by early 2020 the bird will have flown, again.
   Here's my Candidate.

The Constitution party sounds very good,   but I don't see how they can solve the Media censorship problem.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I know, right?  Let's just take shit that doesn't belong to us and shut it down.  It's so much easier that way.

If taken as a philosophical point,  there is a lot of area for discussion on that topic,   but taken as you mean it,  you are putting words in my mouth that I didn't say.   

Who owns the airwaves?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

If taken as a philosophical point,  there is a lot of area for discussion on that topic,   but taken as you mean it,  you are putting words in my mouth that I didn't say.   

Who owns the airwaves?   

Me.  I own them, and I demand you stop using them.

Offline Victoria33

I watched "Good Morning America"  today on ABC.   They showed the yearbook of Moore's accuser.   I noticed immediately that they showed the yearbook with the colors artificially manipulated so that you can't tell there are two different colors of ink used to sign the book. 
@DiogenesLamp

It appears to me he wrote the message and "Roy".  She added the rest of it, which is different ink, in order to show all his name and nail down it happened at that restaurant on that date.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Who owns the airwaves?   

Me!  I have a license from the FCC.

Oh, wait....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

:)
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

It appears to me he wrote the message and "Roy".  She added the rest of it, which is different ink, in order to show all his name and nail down it happened at that restaurant on that date.

That is also what I think,  but did she do it the day of,  or did she do it 38 years later?   

But really my point was about ABC News refusing to clearly show that there is different color ink between the two parts of that entry because that would immediately cause people to question it's authenticity.   People do not normally sign a yearbook in two different colors of ink. 

ABC News showed the photo in gray scale to keep people from seeing the different colors,  because ABC News wants people to believe the accusation.  In other words,  they are deliberately meddling in an election instead of honestly reporting the truth.   

If they knew that NBC or CBS would immediately point out they were covering up the fact of different colored ink,  they would have told the truth and showed the different colors of ink.  But because they knew that no one with broadcasting power would call them out,   they decided to mislead the public.   

They do this sort of sh*t all the time,  and they get away with it.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@DiogenesLamp

Roy who?

If I sign only my first name, it doesn't count.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

Quote from: RoosGirl
[/quote
@RoosGirl

For your general information, real estate law says you own your house and the ground it is on (if you bought both), but not the air above it.  If you own the "air waves" as you say, from whom did you buy or rent them -  God?   8888forgot

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
    @DiogenesLamp    I realize you weren't asking me, specifically, but I do have a plausible solution. 
   It worked as recently as September 2016.  Hijack an existing party that is more in line with your views.
   Movement must be seen by/in early 2019, immediately after the midterms, by early 2020 the bird will have flown, again.
   Here's my Candidate.

I was interested in the Constitution Party in 2012.

It will be interesting to see how much enthusiasm you have for it in 4 years or even by 2020.

Hold that thought.

@corbe

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I've read the Constitution party platform, the Libertarian Platform, the latter is a bit disappointing, CP is ok.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I've read the Constitution party platform, the Libertarian Platform, the latter is a bit disappointing, CP is ok.
Considering the Constitution of the United States is part of the CP platform, It'll do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

For your general information, real estate law says you own your house and the ground it is on (if you bought both), but not the air above it.  If you own the "air waves" as you say, from whom did you buy or rent them -  God?   8888forgot

I didn't buy or rent them.  God gave them to me because I'm special.

Offline Frank Cannon

Roy who?

If I sign only my first name, it doesn't count.

What if you are Prince or Sting?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I didn't buy or rent them.  God gave them to me because I'm special.

That's messed up!  I had to earn my license.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

That's messed up!  I had to earn my license.

If everyone were special it wouldn't be special, now would it?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What if you are Prince or Sting?

If my name was Prince I'd change it to an unpronounceable symbol and croak.
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

I was interested in the Constitution Party in 2012.

It will be interesting to see how much enthusiasm you have for it in 4 years or even by 2020.

Hold that thought.

@corbe

@TomSea

History has generally proven that 3rd party attempts of Presidential Elections have typically been deemed non significant or that of the spoiler (Ross Perot) in recent history BUT given another shift, not unlike Trump's populist movement that just sweep the GOP off it's feet (it WAS ripe for the pickings), a few big names, Cruz, Lee and some Freedom Caucus members switch parties, tweak the Constitution Party Platform, could WE not duplicate what happened last year?

It's a long shot but I need a home to dream and the GOP gives me nightmares.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

That is also what I think,  but did she do it the day of,  or did she do it 38 years later?   

But really my point was about ABC News refusing to clearly show that there is different color ink between the two parts of that entry because that would immediately cause people to question it's authenticity.   People do not normally sign a yearbook in two different colors of ink. 

ABC News showed the photo in gray scale to keep people from seeing the different colors,  because ABC News wants people to believe the accusation.  In other words,  they are deliberately meddling in an election instead of honestly reporting the truth.   

If they knew that NBC or CBS would immediately point out they were covering up the fact of different colored ink,  they would have told the truth and showed the different colors of ink.  But because they knew that no one with broadcasting power would call them out,   they decided to mislead the public.   

They do this sort of sh*t all the time,  and they get away with it.

Yearbook. Another case of a “fake but accurate” document.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@DiogenesLamp

I've been reading this since last night, and it has me scratching my head.

Are you suggesting it's a forgery, but that's OK because it is a record of actual events?  How is this different from the TANG "documents" of the 32004 Election?
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

MSNBC Reporter: Rand Paul Being Beaten Up Is 'One Of My Favorite Stories'

Well, this was a rather awkward moment. NBC reporter Kasie Hunt described the assault on Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) as “one of her favorite stories.” Of course, this isn’t the best phrase to describe this incident, with Hunt trying to correct herself on air but opting to continue with her report. She concluded that Paul’s assault by neighbor, Rene Boucher, was caused by a landscaping dispute, declaring that as the reason for the attack. This was not a simple push and shove. Paul was severely injured, with six broken ribs

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/11/20/msnbc-reporter-rand-paul-being-beaten-up-is-one-of-my-favorite-stories-n2412127
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Mika Brzezinski Suggests Trump Is Okay With KKK Bombing Black Churches

On Wednesday’s Morning Joe, while discussing President Trump’s remarks to reporters yesterday on the White House lawn, NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent Kasie Hunt decided to do an impromptu campaign ad for Democratic senatorial candidate Doug Jones, who is Roy Moore’s opponent in the Alabama special election. Part of Hunt’s pitch involved the fact that Jones is best known for prosecuting the perpetrators of the infamous 1963 Birmingham church bombing that killed four black girls. Co-host Mika Brzezinski instantly saw a connection between this piece of information and Trump’s earlier claim to journalists that Jones is “soft on crime.” From this realization, she concluded that Trump must in some way be okay with, or at least not that concerned by, blowing up and killing children in churches for racial reasons.

In the clip, you can see how Brzezinksi walked right up to the line of outright saying that Trump was okay with the bombing before catching herself:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/chris-reeves/2017/11/22/mika-brzezinski-suggests-trump-okay-kkk-bombing-black-churches
— Lord Melbourne —