Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81113 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The people who need to hear our side,  and who need to hear news detrimental to the Democrats are the people who watch Television.   

What we have now is a system where the Democrats who run the networks routinely censor news that is damaging to Democrats.  (Like what is going on in Venezuela, for example.)   So long as we continue allowing Democrats to have total control of the network infrastructure,   they will continue censoring news that is damaging to Democrats,  and the public will therefore not be informed. 

We must break Democrat control of the network system.   We must gain at least equal access to the network system.   

I personally think that after 60 years of Democrat control of the Network system,  we ought to be entitled to 60 years of exclusive control ourselves,   but I will settle for ending absolute Democrat control over the system.   

I partially agree with you: WE must break leftist control of the network system.  Not the federal government, which is NOT on our side unless it benefits them.

Offline aligncare

I partially agree with you: WE must break leftist control of the network system.  Not the federal government, which is NOT on our side unless it benefits them.

Yes, but let’s assume we as constitutional conservatives begin making great strides in electing more like minded people to run for office and winning, in essence draining the swamp. Then we can begin the process of changing the existing institutions of liberal indoctrination, the universities and public schools, which are the feeder systems for the leftists. Isn’t that ultimately our goal?

That alone can begin changing culture so that Hollywood and television become less influential. It’s at that point that some balance can be restored to network news.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, but let’s assume we as constitutional conservatives begin making great strides in electing more like minded people to run for office and winning, in essence draining the swamp. Then we can begin the process of changing the existing institutions of liberal indoctrination, the universities and public schools, which are the feeder systems for the leftists. Isn’t that ultimately our goal?

That alone can begin changing culture so that Hollywood and television become less influential. It’s at that point that some balance can be restored to network news.

We can start doing that now.  Why do we need to be elected?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We can start doing that now.  Why do we need to be elected?

I started long ago!  I do not watch their programming or purchase their print products!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The left has been extremely successful carrying out their agenda, and much of it outside the government.  Seems only some on the right think they need the government to be successful.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Ideas on how to do it? 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Short answer (because I'm heading out the door) study the tactics of the left. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm not sure that's valid.  The left has been using the muscle of Big Government to gt their way, and we're (supposed to be) philosophically opposed to having Government do our dirty work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not sure that's valid.  The left has been using the muscle of Big Government to gt their way, and we're (supposed to be) philosophically opposed to having Government do our dirty work.

Now, that they have BG.  That is fairly recent.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now, that they have BG.  That is fairly recent.

True.  They started with the culture, and worked their way up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Their tactic is to take over the broadcast system and monopolize it with fabricated Drama that sell leftist talking points.   

But i'm hearing that a lot of people don't like the idea of us doing the same thing.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Their tactic is to take over the broadcast system and monopolize it with fabricated Drama that sell leftist talking points.   

But i'm hearing that a lot of people don't like the idea of us doing the same thing.

I'm not a lot of people and I'm against the idea of using the feds to enforce content. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Speaking for myself, that's not what I'm saying (although that's apparently what you are hearing).  I've said consistently through this thread I agree, but I don't want Big Government enforcing my idea of equality on the media.  You have equally consistently said that means I don't want to be heard, and that's a distortion of what I've been saying. 

That's why I'd pretty much given up trying to explain it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

Their tactic is to take over the broadcast system and monopolize it with fabricated Drama that sell leftist talking points.   But i'm hearing that a lot of people don't like the idea of us doing the same thing.

So you are in favor of monopolizing the media and pushing fabricated drama to sell your points as long as the fabrications and drama sells your POV?

Just as I long ago realized: scratch the surface of a far right authoritarian or alt-right winger and you will find in them a brethren of the far left. Fascists on either side of the Fascists coin are still Fascists.

Government control or censorship of a free press is not any better when it’s our guys doing it. A jack booted thug stomping my neck to suppress my free speech or on my ear to suppress my access to varied opinions whether I agree with them or not, is not better or worse under a leftist than it is under a rightest regime.

and

applies equally.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Concerned

I'm not a lot of people and I'm against the idea of using the feds to enforce content.

Speaking for myself, that's not what I'm saying (although that's apparently what you are hearing).  I've said consistently through this thread I agree, but I don't want Big Government enforcing my idea of equality on the media.  You have equally consistently said that means I don't want to be heard, and that's a distortion of what I've been saying. 

That's why I'd pretty much given up trying to explain it.

You'all aren’t alone.  As a conservative, I just can’t imagine desiring the Federal Government to enforce media content, and I still can’t believe that other conservatives do.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline musiclady

So you are in favor of monopolizing the media and pushing fabricated drama to sell your points as long as the fabrications and drama sells your POV?

Just as I long ago realized: scratch the surface of a far right authoritarian or alt-right winger and you will find in them a brethren of the far left. Fascists on either side of the Fascists coin are still Fascists.

Government control or censorship of a free press is not any better when it’s our guys doing it. A jack booted thug stomping my neck to suppress my free speech or on my ear to suppress my access to varied opinions whether I agree with them or not, is not better or worse under a leftist than it is under a rightest regime.

and

applies equally.

I'm stealing that!   888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

You and others keep saying "Feds"  and "content",  as if you have no better ideas on how to accomplish it.   Come to think of it,   since I have been asking for ideas,  nobody seems to come up with any other than "Feds" and "content."   

I personally don't care how it's done,  but both political parties need to have access to the system,  not one. 

Any proposal that does not allow for my side to use the system to the same extent the other side does is a dead proposal so far as I'm concerned. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Speaking for myself, that's not what I'm saying (although that's apparently what you are hearing).  I've said consistently through this thread I agree, but I don't want Big Government enforcing my idea of equality on the media.

Well your point would be easier to grasp if you would say how it should be accomplished.   All anyone seems to think of is "big government." 

How about someone putting forth some ideas that don't reduce to "big government"? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well your point would be easier to grasp if you would say how it should be accomplished.   All anyone seems to think of is "big government." 

How about someone putting forth some ideas that don't reduce to "big government"?

I did and you seem to have skipped right over it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Why do you have to put "me"  into it?  Why do you have to make it personally about me?   

How about we just take over the d@mn thing and let the Heritage  Foundation run it?  Would that be okay with you?  The point is that it needs to be taken away from the people who currently run it because they are using it to try to kill or enslave us.   

And there are so many people who are so desperate to "signal"  to everyone that they are oh so proper at opposing all forms of evil,  that they begin to see it everywhere they look. 

Thank God you are not like we Publicans.   

Government control or censorship of a free press is not any better when it’s our guys doing it.

And once more,  no one is suggesting that the government control the press.  I am perfectly happy if we take it over without the government being involved.    The point here is that the "press"  is not free,  and so instead of being their "b*tch",   we ought to be trying to make them into ours.   

You know how you get government control?  You wax moral about how much you oppose it while you allow it to happen through the party of government!   

We are at a point now where you can't see daylight between the media and the Deep State.   

I ignored the rest of your pompous crap.  It's just more of you telling us how very moral you are.  In the meantime we have a war to fight.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

Why do you have to put "me"  into it?  Why do you have to make it personally about me?   

How about we just take over the d@mn thing and let the Heritage  Foundation run it?  Would that be okay with you?  The point is that it needs to be taken away from the people who currently run it because they are using it to try to kill or enslave us.   

And there are so many people who are so desperate to "signal"  to everyone that they are oh so proper at opposing all forms of evil,  that they begin to see it everywhere they look. 

Thank God you are not like we Publicans.   

And once more,  no one is suggesting that the government control the press.  I am perfectly happy if we take it over without the government being involved.    The point here is that the "press"  is not free,  and so instead of being their "b*tch",   we ought to be trying to make them into ours.   

You know how you get government control?  You wax moral about how much you oppose it while you allow it to happen through the party of government!   

We are at a point now where you can't see daylight between the media and the Deep State.   

I ignored the rest of your pompous crap.  It's just more of you telling us how very moral you are.  In the meantime we have a war to fight.

The only pompous crap and self defined morality here are your posts @DiogenesLamp. You are so thick in to the bushes of self hypocrisy and paranoia that you can't see the blades of grass from the bushes nor the forest for the trees. You would rather cut the tree of Liberty down to its very roots with the ax that brings fascism as long as it is your brand of fascism, rather than see the slippery slope you are one.

"All trees are kept equal, by hatchet, ax and saw." But in your world just as in the leftists ideal world, some trees (or pigs) are more equal than others.

But carry on with your brand of self righteous fascism and mudslinging at anyone who dares to point it out.   
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline aligncare

True.  They started with the culture, and worked their way up.

Which was the point I was making.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You'all aren’t alone.  As a conservative, I just can’t imagine desiring the Federal Government to enforce media content, and I still can’t believe that other conservatives do.
Exactly. In all other things we want the ability only to compete in a fair marketplace. So, let's compete. Our ideas are better, and our stories can be just as tear-jerking or euphoric as anything the left produces, only based on sound and moral principles.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Which was the point I was making.

Yes, you have.  From the start.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald