Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81113 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

I had something to say, but upon reading this I've decided it would be lost on you.

It no doubt had something to do with asserting that the status quo of one sided control of the airwaves somehow protects freedom of speech,  when in fact it does the very opposite of that. 

Speech is controlled.  If you are not a member of the "Party of Government"  clique,   you don't get to communicate will millions of people at a time.    You can engage in conversations with the 10 or so people who read your scribblings on the internet,  but you won't be allowed to have any real influence at telling the people anything the Crony Capitalist Deep State doesn't want them to hear. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't have a weird name.

Yes you do. I can't decide if you had a Underoos fetish or if you misspelled "rouse" by mistake when you signed up here.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Conservatives are not.

You wouldn't think they would be,  because locking in a lopsided balance of power is exactly how you lose,  but I am not hearing any ideas on how to address the problem. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

Well, I’m here whenever you need me.

Of course you are. You have nowhere else to go.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline DiogenesLamp

Not just appreciated, but awestruck by it! Your clarity of thought is admirable. And then getting it all on page as quickly as you do. Say you don’t have newsroom in your background, do you?

No,  but i've been arguing on the internet for about 30 years.  :) 

And thank you too.   What I write seems clear to me,   but by the time it is regurgitated back at me by my debate opponents,  it is all garbled up into something I don't recognize.   

I am apparently not being clear enough.  :) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

And requiring bakers to hire homosexuals would certainly stop that nasty cake problem!

As I told Cyber Liberty,   if the government was creating a monopoly on the cake baking industry,   you would have a good argument that the licensed bakers should be required to serve all interests. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Yes you do. I can't decide if you had a Underoos fetish or if you misspelled "rouse" by mistake when you signed up here.

Mine were WonderWoman.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Hey, I don't want creativity in the news either but it came about by the 24 hour news stations.  They cannot simply broadcast news all day and night.

It's been a long time,   but I seem to remember back in the 1980s that there was a news station that did only the news.  It was an endless rehash of the news that was updated every hour or so as necessary.   

Was it CNN?   

It seemed professional and it didn't seem biased in any manner that I could perceive at the time,  but of course back then I didn't  look for any.   I naively thought like everyone else that the "news"  people were objective and just reported the facts.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

Mine were WonderWoman.

Must be when you started developing your skills with a rope.

Offline RoosGirl

Must be when you started developing your skills with a rope.

You never know what's going to lead to an interesting hobby.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't know if you're trying be sarcastic or something, but that's been my point.  The solution to Big Government interference is less interference, not more.  I'm getting the impression you don't want Big Government out of it, you just want to be the side pushing the buttons and working the levers.  Not a very admirable character trait.

No,  my point is big government is already in it,  and is in fact inseparable from it because the licenses which created the monopoly were the creation of Big Government. 

So long as big government creates the beast,  we will have big government to deal with for any attempts to constrain the beast. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It no doubt had something to do with asserting that the status quo of one sided control of the airwaves somehow protects freedom of speech,  when in fact it does the very opposite of that. 

Speech is controlled.  If you are not a member of the "Party of Government"  clique,   you don't get to communicate will millions of people at a time.    You can engage in conversations with the 10 or so people who read your scribblings on the internet,  but you won't be allowed to have any real influence at telling the people anything the Crony Capitalist Deep State doesn't want them to hear.

No, I did say what was on my mind, it was nothing like the words you just tried to cram in my mouth.  I'd ask you to scroll up to see it, but I already know it would be lost on you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

Stossel is a fake loser. He rails against frivolous lawsuits when he was the generator of one of the biggest in the 80's.

He can screw.

You must have seen a side of John Stossel of which I have so far been unaware.   

I remember seeing the stories he used to do on ABC,  and they were great.   I can't remember anyone doing stories from  a libertarian perspective before,  let alone a conservative one. 

What exactly did John Stossel do in the 80s to which you object? 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

No, I did say what was on my mind, it was nothing like the words you just tried to cram in my mouth. 

No you didn't say that,   but that is the inherent nature or consequence of what you did say.   

We have a system of government approved monopolies that are contrary to the purpose for which Freedom of Speech was incorporated and articulated in the US Constitution.   

People think it is about "Lèse-majesté",   but it is far more important than that.   The public's interest cannot be served if the perspective of all sides are not heard.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Thanks much for your suggestion. I’ll take that under advisement. If I’d known you were this touchy about your grandmas machine I would have employed better judgment in posting. While I’ve got you on the line, is there anything else you’d like to talk about? Maybe about that time you sneaked into your sisters room to try on a few frilly bras, no?

Well, I’m here whenever you need me.

^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mod1

Know what?  I'm bored with this thread.  Deathly bored.  I know it's bad because I've been reviewing it, and the most interesting stuff over the last dozen or so pages were the pictures of antique washing machines.

The arguments have gotten so stale, people are bickering with their own selves.

For the crime of being boring, I am hereby locking this thread.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:39:18 pm by Mod1 »

Offline MOD8

We sent Mod1 home for drinking on the job.  You are all welcome to continue being boring to your heart's content.

Offline Fantom

We sent Mod1 home for drinking on the job.  You are all welcome to continue being boring to your heart's content.

Damn funny!  Who knew there was a MOD8  :shrug:

I always thought it was like a Defcon rating.

Anyways, I have not read a single post in this tread until now...made my day. Kudos..MOD8 . Sometimes the best is the last... I'll take your review to save me some hours of tediation.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think the moment is past. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

What exactly did John Stossel do in the 80s to which you object?

Asked a wrestler a bunch of insulting questions to elicit a violent response for the cameras. After he succeded in that and got knocked on his ass Stossel set about suing the wrestler in a multi million dollar frivolous lawsuit. He ended up getting $450K. Then when his career is in the shitter he re-brands himself as some sort of Libertarian crusader after being the ultra Left guy on 20/20 and sets about calling for tort reform because lawsuits like his one in the 80's are clogging the system.

He is a proven fraud. Feel free to cozy up to him all you like. I'm far more discerning.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

MOD 1 deserves a medal for reading some of this crap.  He could have heard more sophisticated banter by going to the seediest bar in town at closing time and edging over to the drunk couple.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I think the moment is past.

Dead and buried.  Shouldn't have been resurrected.  Now a Zombie Thread.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

It's like deja vu.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member