Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81114 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Saw on "Good Morning America"  just this morning one of the propaganda agents who portrays himself as News Anchor say in reference to Trump signing an executive order on Obamacare:

"Trump is going to hurt millions of poor people just because he wants to. "

"Just because he wants to. "

And some of you think threatening to pull their licenses for such blatant political campaigning is beyond the pale?

You are not going to get a lot of disagreement the media is biased as all get out.  Most of us have known that for the past half-century at least.  The problem arises when you want to use the blunt instrument of Big Government to exact revenge for you.  Find another way to fix it, one that won't empower the next leftist in charge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/355278-tapper-if-obama-threatened-broadcasting-licenses-there-would-be-torches-in-the
Tapper: If Obama threatened broadcasting licenses, there would be 'torches in the street'

Why would Obama have done that, Jake?  You people never had an unkind word to say about him. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

I really don't care one way or the other about Ben Sasse; he's a politician, he's conservative, yay.  But Sean Hannity?  He's the biggest douche bag on this planet.  Now he's playing Trump copycat with his tweets?  BFD.

So, I read this and thought, what a wrongheaded thing to say. Kim Jong-un deserves that distinction.

As for Sean Hannity, he’s the second best thing to happen to conservatives behind Rush Limbaugh. He doesn’t just talk the conservative talk, he lives it.

After pushing for Ben Sasse during his election, Sean manned up when Sasse turned out to be a loud mouth empty suit (or empty shorts, if you prefer) stood up to him and called Sasse out.

Offline skeeter

Why would Obama have done that, Jake?  You people never had an unkind word to say about him.

Obama didn't merely threaten many things I and many others absolutely hated, he CODIFIED them.

He was constantly promoting Net Neutrality - almost the same thing. Not as a throw away line, as policy.

Nice try Tapper.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:35:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:40:22 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obama didn't merely threaten many things I and many others absolutely hated, he CODIFIED them.

He was constantly promoting Net Neutrality - almost the same thing. Not as a throw away line, as policy.

Nice try Tapper.

Yes, but they LIKED it.  Name one journalist not named "Rosen" who was upset Obama/Holder made up something to get a warrant for his stuff.  They all thought he deserved whatever he got because he worked for FNC.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Soros has ties to the major networks as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/11/dont-hear-george-soros-ties-30-major-news-organizations.html

Soros basically funds the leftist mainstream media. The Media Research Center chronicled back in 2011 how Soros has ties to over 30 news outlets in the mainstream media. For instance, at the time of the MRC report, the Soros-funded Pro-Publica's Journalism Advisory Board featured the following journalists:

Jill Abramson - New executive editor of The New York Times;
        Kerry Smith - The senior vice president for editorial quality of ABC News;
        Cynthia A. Tucker - The editor of the editorial page of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Abramson, who has since been fired from the Times, is now a columnist for The Guardian. Tucker is no longer the editor at the AJC, but is a syndicated columnist and commentator.

The following members of the media have also been on the boards or advisory boards of Soros groups as well:

Christiane Amanpour - Anchor of ABC's Sunday morning political affairs program, ''This Week with Christiane Amanpour.'' A reliable lefty, she has called tax cuts ''giveaways,'' the Tea Party ''extreme,'' and Obama ''very Reaganesque;''
        Matt Thompson - Editorial product manager at National Public Radio and an adjunct faculty member at the prominent Poynter Institute.

Ben Sherwood - ABC News president and former ''Good Morning America'' executive producer;
        Kathleen Hall Jamieson - Author and the Walter H. Annenberg Dean of the Annenberg School for Communication of the University of Pennsylvania;
        Michele Norris - Host of NPR's newsmagazine ''All Things Considered,'' public radio's longest-running national program.

Phil Bronstein, director of content development and editor-at-large for Hearst Newspapers;
        David Boardman, The Seattle Times;
        Len Downie, former Executive Editor of the Washington Post, now VP;
        George Osterkamp, CBS News producer.

Amanpour is now the CNN's chief international correspondent and host of Amanpour. Thompson is now the deputy editor of The Atlantic, Norris now works for the The Race Card Project. Bronstein has since left Hearst for a bigger role at Soros-funded Center for Investigative Reporting, and Boardman is now the Dean of the School of Media and Communication at Temple University.

Additionally, the CRI lists The Washington Post, Salon, CNN and ABC News as "media partners."

Soros also funds the Clinton-allied Media Matters organization, which numerous media outlets – including The Los Angeles Times and The New York Times – have used for content.....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8427/9-things-you-need-know-about-george-soros-aaron-bandler
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Yes, but they LIKED it.  Name one journalist not named "Rosen" who was upset Obama/Holder made up something to get a warrant for his stuff.  They all thought he deserved whatever he got because he worked for FNC.

Like statists everywhere they never expect to be on the outside looking in.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Government didn't create the electromagnetic spectrum, it licensed it.

It created the government protected monopoly for people who use the electromagnetic spectrum. 

Your point is like saying "Government didn't create the river,  it just decides who gets to use it." 

Everyone should get to use it. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

It wasn't luck, it was someone catching a classic case of Liberal overreach. They will do it again, and we'll bring down another one. Lather (and they will get lathered up, that's when they lose it), rinse, and repeat.

You think we should wait for more cases of "overreach"?    Well what if they don't?   

This is another "When the Stars Align"  strategy,  and I don't wish to trust in magic. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

So, I read this and thought, what a wrongheaded thing to say. Kim Jong-un deserves that distinction.

As for Sean Hannity, he’s the second best thing to happen to conservatives behind Rush Limbaugh. He doesn’t just talk the conservative talk, he lives it.

After pushing for Ben Sasse during his election, Sean manned up when Sasse turned out to be a loud mouth empty suit (or empty shorts, if you prefer) stood up to him and called Sasse out.

Kim is geosigi gamja sonyeon

Offline DiogenesLamp

This sounds like "Net Neutrality" for the television. I don't approve.

Okay,  I've looked up "Net Neutrality".   According to Wikipedia it appears to mean that internet must be available to everyone and that people cannot restrict or refuse to carry traffic because they don't like the content. 

What exactly is wrong with that idea? 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

I keep having to go back and check my calendar. It just feels like 1984 is right around the corner.

Offline DiogenesLamp

No, when *I* devolve to mockery it means I'm tired of the same bullshit being repeated ad nauseum.

You can stop repeating it whenever you chose.  It's up to you. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

You think we should wait for more cases of "overreach"?    Well what if they don't?   

This is another "When the Stars Align"  strategy,  and I don't wish to trust in magic.
I think you will find astronomical movements occur with mathematical precision. They always push too far. It is a combination of impatience and hubris, and they are not without either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Que?

Roughly translated "penis potato young man".  In Southron it's "dick tater boy"

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline DiogenesLamp

No, Now you're talking fairness doctrine and quotas. SHEESH!

My recollection was that the "Fairness Doctrine"  was an effort to kill talk radio shows like Rush Limbaugh by forcing them to carry Liberal opinion too.   We didn't like it and for good reason.

But forcing the people who own the Television  broadcasting system to allow our voice on the broadcasting network would be worth giving up Talk Radio dominance. 

In terms of gains versus losses,  we would come out way ahead.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

You can stop repeating it whenever you chose.  It's up to you.

Your cleverness is inspiring.

Offline Frank Cannon

Roughly translated "penis potato young man".  In Southron it's "dick tater boy"

LOL. You kids got's some fun vernacular down there.

Silver Pines

@aligncare

Hannity is the biggest joke on the internet---among conservatives.  No one ever accused him of being bright, but for some reason, since he became an abject Trump sycophant, he's deteriorated into something amusing and pathetic in equal amounts.

He frequently posts bizarre, cursing rants on his Twitter page.  The screeds are misspelled, sometimes in caps, and often contain crazed references to his martial arts prowess.  In no rational world could he be considered an asset to a movement.

I met him once.  I expect his near-dwarfism is a factor in his agitation.

Offline RoosGirl

Great infographic.....and I wanted to post it again because it is ten miles long.

I hate you, Frank.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Maybe it hears you fine, and because of that, thinks it's a stupid idea that should be strangled in the cradle at the first available opportunity.

Or maybe it hasn't spent enough effort or intellect on analyzing the overall problem sufficiently to understand what is going on, and so therefore isn't informed enough to weigh the various options properly.       

Also perhaps it is not comprehending the various suggestions because it keeps immediately jumping into that same worn groove I mentioned previously. 

Just maybe.  And, it's entirely possible it wasn't talking to YOU.

If it wasn't broadcasting on a public channel then no one could mistake it for talking to the public at large.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

I hate you, Frank.

Careful. I may have 5 or 6 more separate comments about that post.