Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81216 times)

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

They're all for shutting the press up right now, but in a few years when a Democrat gets into office, see how they like  it then.

That is exactly right!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

They're all for shutting the press up right now, but in a few years when a Democrat gets into office, see how they like  it then.
Never give your enemies a weapon you don't want pointed back at you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

I really enjoyed that show.

@RoosGirl

Right?  It never lost momentum or bored you, and the acting was incredible.

Offline Frank Cannon

I really should stop complaining about having to do laundry.  ^-^

Who are you kidding. An uppity bitch like you has people for cleaning and laundry. You throw your clothes on the floor one day and they are clean and hung up the next.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

You need to watch Bates Motel, then.  Vera Farmiga is a combination of beautiful and crazy.  Love her.

Listen lady. I was on that show from beginning to end. I was going to bail on the last season because they killed off Norma, but luckily they figured a way to keep her in.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If we’re really to the point where so-called conservatives are calling for more government regulation of the free press, I’ve truly lost hope for our republic.  God help us........Please!

Amen.  Not Conservative or American.  I came across this tonight.  I thought about posting as a thread but this issue has been rehashed for 18 pages.  And now it has become a horror story.

Ben Sasse and Sean Hannity Throw Down Over Sean’s Career and Sasse’s Values

Posted at 7:30 pm on October 12, 2017 by Caleb Howe

Yesterday, President of the United States Donald Trump threatened the free exercise of speech in a tweet about, of course, “fake news”. Conservative Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse saw it differently and said so, also on Twitter. Then Trump talk show host Sean Trumppity Trump tweeted on Twitter about it.

We all know already what President Trump said. Here is what Senator Sasse said about what Trump said:

Ben Sasse
 ?  ?@BenSasse 

Mr. President:
Are you recanting of the Oath you took on Jan. 20 to preserve, protect, and defend the 1st Amendment?

7:03 PM - Oct 11, 2017

And here is what Hannity said about what Sasse said about what Trump said:

Sean Hannity
 ?  ?@seanhannity 

One of the biggest mistakes in my career was supporting @BenSasse Just useless.

https://twitter.com/bensasse/status/918296123269189632

7:37 PM - Oct 11, 2017

https://www.redstate.com/absentee/2017/10/12/ben-sasse-sean-hannity-throw-seans-career-sasses-values/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

It's okay Mr Hannity, I haven't watched your channel since before Meghan Kelly left.
Who is useless now?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Lest we forget, Sasse's ACU score is 100. Not many of those out there.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sean Hannity
 ?  ?@seanhannity 

One of the biggest mistakes in my career was supporting @BenSasse Just useless.

https://twitter.com/bensasse/status/918296123269189632

First time I agree with Sean 100%. There is a reason Sasse has one of the thinnest Wiki pages. It's because he has done nothing. Not a thing.

Online Smokin Joe

First time I agree with Sean 100%. There is a reason Sasse has one of the thinnest Wiki pages. It's because he has done nothing. Not a thing.
It's hard to soar with Eagles when you work with turkeys.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

I really don't care one way or the other about Ben Sasse; he's a politician, he's conservative, yay.  But Sean Hannity?  He's the biggest douche bag on this planet.  Now he's playing Trump copycat with his tweets?  BFD.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

But Sean Hannity?  He's the biggest douche bag on this planet. 

I don't know about that.  He's got a bit of a chubby face, but I'll bet I've got 10# (beer muscle) on him.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't know about that.  He's got a bit of a chubby face, but I'll bet I've got 10# (beer muscle) on him.

I stand corrected @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer is the biggest douche bag on the planet.  Congratulations! Sean Hannity is the second biggest.

Offline Frank Cannon

I stand corrected @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer is the biggest douche bag on the planet.  Congratulations! Sean Hannity is the second biggest.

Shit. Looks like I lost ANOTHER contest.

Offline aligncare

Online DB

I wonder how many of those are losing money?

Where does the New York Times and the Washington Post fit in there? Are they in the 10%?

Offline aligncare

Here’s how the whole broadcast license thing works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_license

While NBC the network doesn’t have a license (they own a few individual stations that do), it does have a business license, which raises some interesting possibilities.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:47:58 am by aligncare »

Online Smokin Joe

In addition to a broadcast license, NBC would have to have a business license, which raises some interesting possibilities.
Nah. We have been assured that it is just a matter of contributing to the right politicians and things go smoothly. It's called "The price of doing business in New York City", and applies all too often elsewhere as well.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

While NBC the network doesn’t have a license (they own a few individual stations that do), it does have a business license, which raises some interesting possibilities.

Either way it is time to get rid of them.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline DiogenesLamp

Saw on "Good Morning America"  just this morning one of the propaganda agents who portrays himself as News Anchor say in reference to Trump signing an executive order on Obamacare:

"Trump is going to hurt millions of poor people just because he wants to. "

"Just because he wants to. "

And some of you think threatening to pull their licenses for such blatant political campaigning is beyond the pale?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Saw on "Good Morning America"  just this morning one of the propaganda agents who portrays himself as News Anchor say in reference to Trump signing an executive order on Obamacare:

And some of you think threatening to pull their licenses for such blatant political campaigning is beyond the pale?

They are nothing but blatant propagandist! Liars all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

If I am not mistaken three or four companies own 80% of the viewed content on TV.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:04:44 pm by jpsb »

Offline aligncare

I also heard some insurance expert on NPR use that exact same phraseology.

So, the BS narrative is set. However, they’re facing a very different President this time.  One that’s  got small thumbs and a phone – and he tweets. Boy, does he tweet. LOL!

Online Smokin Joe

I knew a lady who worked behind the scenes at the local TV station who had the utmost contempt for "newsreaders". Face it folks, these people are only someone presentable, with the right voice and a well crafted sense of 'gravitas' who can act as a loudspeaker for the teleprompter or the voice in their ear.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/355278-tapper-if-obama-threatened-broadcasting-licenses-there-would-be-torches-in-the
Tapper: If Obama threatened broadcasting licenses, there would be 'torches in the street'
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34