Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81114 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

As it would be for just about everything in life.

And do you buy your gas from Standard Oil? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been down this thread for a while, and nobody answered my question, and it's a pretty obvious one for anybody who knows the first thing about broadcasting: 

What licenses? 

Broadcast networks don't have licenses.  Cable news networks don't have licenses.  Broadcast nets like NBC and CBS only have a handful of stations they actually own, so other than those O&O stations, what licenses are being referred to??  All this folderol is over a half-hour news broadcast on 12-15 TV stations.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:41:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

@mystery-ak
So you mean they might pick a guy who made a video and put all the blame on him.  Putting him in jail to hide their actions.

yeah I'd hate for that to happen

This is what they don't get.  The thing they claim to fear is already here.   Instead of official government control over the media,   the "Deep State"  uses agents to create the illusion of distance. 

I learned something very alarming in 1995.   We had created a Republican majority in Congress,  and I thought we could finally do something about balancing the budget and reducing the National debt. 

I was shocked to see every single media outlet mocking the idea,  and opposing ever effort to slow the growth of government spending.    They were actively HOSTILE to the idea of making the government live within it's means.   

Who could be against the idea of balancing the budget? 

When bits and pieces of the government shut down because of a Bill Clinton veto,  they blamed the Republicans in Congress.  When the government was shut down because of a Reagan veto,  they blamed Reagan.   

It finally dawned on me that every media effort to support the excessive spending of government could be explained by the possibility that the people holding their leash are somehow actually making money from excessive government spending.   

Could it be that the media pushes liberal policies because liberal policies are in the best interest of the people who own and run the media corporations?  Could the hostility to restraining the spending of government be because powerful people are intercepting portions of these money streams?   

I dunno,   but ever since then i've been considering it as a reasonable possibility.   It would certainly explain a lot of their behavior if this were the case. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

I have written countless essays on George HW Bush's stupidest blunder in political history,   but this does not change the fact that the Media carried Bill Clinton over the finish line with their lies and omissions.   

George HW could have survived that blunder,  though he did not deserve to survive it,  however Bill Clinton could not have won without the media putting their thumb on the scale with their lies about the economy,  and their lies about George HW Bush.  (grocery store scanner)

Also I will point  out that George HW Bush did not make a mistake when he said "read my lips... no new taxes."   His blunder was breaking that promise in an effort to make a deal with the Democrats.

If there had been no 'read my lips' betrayal, there wouldn't have been a Perot.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've been down this thread for a while, and nobody answered my question, and it's a pretty obvious one for anybody who knows the first thing about broadcasting: 

What licenses? 

Broadcast networks don't have licenses.  Cable news networks don't have licenses.  Broadcast nets like NBC and CBS only have a handful of stations they actually own, so other than those O&O stations, what licenses are being referred to??  All this folderol is over a half-hour news broadcast on 12-15 TV stations.

The networks themselves are not licensed but every single one of the stations they own or are affiliated with are licensed. And the networks tightly control the content  on ALL of them!

The answer to all of this is to spread those licenses around to some non network companies in all markets.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:50:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Nor should they be.  That is just asking for trouble.   But in the manner that they can say people are discriminating against blacks because they do not have any blacks in their employ,  is it so difficult to say "The media discriminates against conservatives because they do not have 50% conservatives on their staff in decision making positions."   

The liberals like affirmative action?  Shove it up their @$$ and break it off!    Force them to hire their political enemies and force them to give them as much air time and control over the stories as they already do to their army of Liberal employees. 

Depending how you use it,  maybe,   but what is also a dire mistake is leaving our nation with a one sided political propaganda system manipulating elections.

**nononono*

Offline DiogenesLamp

Freedom of speech applies to and restricts the government.  It was not put into the Constitution so "that the public can hear both sides without suppression".

Yes it was,  for that is the only way that it can serve the benefit of the people.    The assumption in 1787 was that the people would only need to fear suppression of speech from the government because the idea that private people could do such a thing was unimaginable.   

So long as the technology consisted of speeches at public gatherings or printed material,   no one could have an advantage at reaching the public that other people couldn't match.   

But this television thing is different.   Not only do visual images bypass the more rational persons of the brain to directly impact the more emotional sections,   so too can this medium be controlled in such a way that other people cannot use it's power to convey their messages. 

It is a very good brainwashing tool.  The multi billion dollar advertising industry is proof that it influences people to do what the advertisers want them to do.   

You've got to look at it in context:

Yes you do.   You have to look at it's purpose and intent,  and make sure that purpose and intent is protected. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

In my opinion,   the most serious point in this discussion is the fact that the media do lie routinely,
(Hands up,  Don't shoot!)  and can do so whenever they wish,  and even more seriously,  they can censor information (Imran Awan?  Who's that?)  which the American people need to hear to make the right decisions. 

They are tampering with our nation's control system by blinding us.   

That they may have or may not have bungled this particular one is irrelevant to the larger point here.   

Allowing them to lie and censor is damaging to the nation.

And let’s not forget too how the media is presenting the Russia Russia Russia story in the top of the hour news for the last 12 months, always as if there were something there. When, in fact, we know there is no there there. Mueller’s got nothing but some 3,000 facebook ads purchased by Russians.

That’s 3000 out of 3 billion Facebook ads in a year. Yeah, Russia stole the election for Trump. Give me a break.

Offline DiogenesLamp

You fight it or counter it.. you too can use freedom of the press..

No you can't.  That's why that guy went to jail,  and nobody could stop it.  Give me a trillion dollar broadcasting system informing everyone that Obama is lying about Benghazi,  and that this man is a scape goat being used by a powerful man to cover up his blunder,  and I guarantee you that man would not have gone to jail,  and Obama may very well have gone to jail for pulling such a stunt. 

You can't fight this power without something of equal power.  They've put a trillion dollars into their broadcasting system,  and it remains the most powerful means of influencing Americans in existence today. 

you don't start pulling license's because you don't like what they say...this is what dictators do...

You start pulling licenses because the interests of the nation are not being served through their misuse of the public airwaves.   That's what rational and responsible people do. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The networks themselves are not licensed but every single one of the stations they own or are affiliated with are licensed. And the networks tightly control the content  on ALL of them!

The answer to all of this is to spread those licenses around to some non network companies in all markets.

The networks were barred from owning any more than a few stations many decades ago.  Ownership is already distributed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And let’s not forget too how the media is presenting the Russia Russia Russia story in the top of the hour news for the last 12 months, always as if there were something there. When, in fact, we know there is no there there. Mueller’s got nothing but some 3,000 facebook ads purchased by Russians.

That’s 3000 out of 3 billion Facebook ads in a year. Yeah, Russia stole the election for Trump. Give me a break.

Much like " there is no voter fraud"  in the face of abundant evidence to the contrary!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The networks were barred from owning any more than a few stations many decades ago.  Ownership is already distributed.

It really doesn’t make much difference if they own them outright or simply control who does now does it?

And they still control 100% of the network programing regardless of who owns the locals.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:03:42 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Trump is giving us possibly our last opportunity to get this thing done, to turn the tables, expose the media lies. If not now, when? If not Trump, then who?

Offline roamer_1

Trump is giving us possibly our last opportunity to get this thing done, to turn the tables, expose the media lies. If not now, when? If not Trump, then who?

ROTFLMAO!!!
 :odrama:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No national rag has even a fraction of boots on the ground and fact-checkers that your average forum has at it's disposal.
That is a pearl of wisdom and why places like Facebook and Google are so dangerous, especially as they are run by liberals who manipulate what you see or read.  See @DiogenesLamp 's commentary  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285511.msg1479594.html#msg1479594
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:20:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

ROTFLMAO!!!
 :odrama:

Feel better now? Why don’t you just answer the questions?

Because a mocking Emoji is all you’ve got, is my guess.

Offline roamer_1

That is a pearl of wisdom and why places like Facebook and Google are so dangerous, especially as they are run by liberals who manipulate what you see or read.  See @DiogenesLamp 's commentary  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285511.msg1479594.html#msg1479594

Except in the method of retaliation, I agree with @DiogenesLamp . What I would see is Conservatives rising to meet their own needs. That's what Conservatives do.

You want to compete with Google abd Facebook, it just takes startup money.

Offline roamer_1

Feel better now? Why don’t you just answer the questions?

Because a mocking Emoji is all you’ve got, is my guess.

It's always the 'last chance'. If we are that far gone, you're beating a dead horse.

And your gleaming-eyed statement about Tump - Noted serial liar - being 'TheWON' to expose the liars just made me giggle out loud. Too funny.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It really doesn’t make much difference if they own them outright or simply control who does now does it?

And they still control 100% of the network programing regardless of who owns the locals.

I totally agree with that, the nets call the shots for the most part, but individual stations have been known to refuse to air some episodes of some programs, and they are in their rights to do so. 

It still rubbishes this notion that Trump can simply yank NBC's license.  He can't because there isn't one.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:30:40 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Except in the method of retaliation, I agree with @DiogenesLamp . What I would see is Conservatives rising to meet their own needs. That's what Conservatives do.

You want to compete with Google abd Facebook, it just takes startup money.

In my little under 50k population hometown some enterprising and well healed local folks attempted to start a newspaper to compete with the corporate owned rag which claims to be " your hometown newspaper" .  The corporate rag sold advertising at below cost for as long as it took (two years) to run them out of business.  Same thing happened to most of our local mom and pop stores when Wal-Mart showed up.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@kevindavis
Here's the problem, our enemies have copies of our Constitution and they are more than willing to use it against us.  What would you propose as a solution to the abuse and lies perpetrated by folks like NBC & CBS under the guise of free speech?

@driftdiver

Apparently we should tear up the Constitution and put a lock on free speech.  Yay! 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Which is exactly why we need to drop a nuclear powered sledge hammer on the propaganda monopoly controlled out of Washington  DC and New York. 

Monopoly suppresses *OUR*  freedom of speech.   

Monopoly:  Do you speak it?

I do.  What monopoly have you been referring to?  OTA broadcasting is the only aspect I can think of that meets even one of the criteria.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Silver Pines

When I see someone post "you're under Trump's spell"  I know he's trolling.

Offline Concerned

What licenses? 

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for bringing some facts into the discussion.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Silver Pines

@mystery-ak that's what they want...a dictator of their own that they can be proud of.  Someone who doesn't care about the Constitution or rule of law...just someone who will extract payback and collect some revenge for them against the Left.

Never mind that the person they would be cheering while this is happening would be taking pages directly from the Liberal playbook they supposedly despise.

As long as he can get them the pound of flesh they demand...

@txradioguy

I still remember the TOS thread from 2016, when multiple Trump supporters came right out and admitted that yes, we do need our own dictator---at least for now, and then we can put him back in the box.