Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80968 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
You have no room to talk about movies, and a hearty eff you to you regarding Saw.  I tried to watch it during nap time today and about 10 minutes in I realized you had played a really nasty joke on me.

Saw is a GD gem my dear woman. Pardon me for not realizing you were immune to quality entertainment.

Offline RoosGirl

Saw is a GD gem my dear woman. Pardon me for not realizing you were immune to quality entertainment.

It may have been a good idea on paper, but it was the acting that classifies the movie as Horror.

Offline Frank Cannon

It may have been a good idea on paper, but it was the acting that classifies the movie as Horror.

Well if you want to step it up, watch the Conjuring. Two words for that: Vera Farmiga!

Offline RoosGirl

Well if you want to step it up, watch the Conjuring. Two words for that: Vera Farmiga!

I just looked it up on IMDB.  I can't watch movies like that; demonic possession stuff seriously freaks me out.

Online roamer_1

Requiring the media to reflect the political makeup of the public at large constitutes a "federally designated arbiter of truth"?   

No, Now you're talking fairness doctrine and quotas. SHEESH!

How does it do that?     We accept the premise for Blacks and Women.

Who's this 'WE' ??

I am not for it. And it offends me that you are. Conservatives believe in merit.

Offline Frank Cannon

I just looked it up on IMDB.  I can't watch movies like that; demonic possession stuff seriously freaks me out.

Well if that is too much for you watch Running Scared. Paul Walker bangs Vera Farmiga on a washing machine.....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Like a record stuck in a groove.   Doesn't hear a d@mn thing I'm saying.

Maybe it hears you fine, and because of that, thinks it's a stupid idea that should be strangled in the cradle at the first available opportunity.  Just maybe.  And, it's entirely possible it wasn't talking to YOU.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

I went to journalism school in California in the late 70s. My classmates were liberal, the university was liberal. Those graduates are the news editors and copy writers of today, and they are liberals. Of the potential hires in national newsrooms, the candidates are NY/LA/SF liberals.

Where do we find the conservatives? There just aren’t enough Hillsdale journalism grads.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I went to journalism school in California in the late 70s. My classmates were liberal, the university was liberal. Those graduates are the news editors and copy writers of today, and they are liberals. Of the potential hires in national newsrooms, the candidates are NY/LA/SF liberals.

Where do we find the conservatives? There just aren’t enough Hillsdale journalism grads.
It sounds to me like we need a new center of broadcasting. Not on one of the coasts, but somewhere in the middle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Well if that is too much for you watch Running Scared. Paul Walker bangs Vera Farmiga on a washing machine.....

Sounds uncomfortable.

Offline aligncare

Everybody wants to go to Columbia school of journalism. They crank out liberal journalists by the boatload. Those are the hires that make it to National newsrooms.

This is going to be a tough nut to crack, to break the stranglehold of the liberal media.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sounds uncomfortable.

No you Silly Billy. It was an electric washing machine.....

Offline RoosGirl

No you Silly Billy. It was an electric washing machine.....

LOL  "The Thor"

Offline Smokin Joe

Everybody wants to go to Columbia school of journalism. They crank out liberal journalists by the boatload. Those are the hires that make it to National newsrooms.

This is going to be a tough nut to crack, to break the stranglehold of the liberal media.
No one said it wasn't. As I tried to point out earlier, though, I'd expect Conservative media to do better on Radio, because radio does not require a person to be looking at a screen. You can listen while doing other things. Television wants all your attention, as a medium, and that is incompatible with doing ahything but watching.

Print, aside from the interwebs, is a mess, but so much of what passes for writing in a newspaper should have been left on the bathroom wall or in the margins of someone's coloring book that it is seldom worth the price of admission. Assuredly, Conservatives have our good writers who could easily rival the drivel in Time and Newsweek. 

The Liberals have been building their media empire since the advent of television, and far longer in print. Once there was a difference between Huntley and Brinkley and that Cronkite fellow, but now the same story is used with the same talking points and the same phraseology across the spectrum--the only question is what face you want to see it pour out of, or what 'rack' you are looking at when it does--because that is about all the difference.
So it will take a new angle to build a Conservative media if you want TV, but I probably would not start in markets that are used to and in love with the coastal urban liberal media. That doesn't mean RFD TV, but something from a smaller town, with a little more blue collar attitude might play very well because people would be better able to identify with it than East/West Coast big city.

But then I could be wrong, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

LOL  "The Thor"
Gas is best.

And it's a Maytag!

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I just checked in to see what this thread had disintegrated to after a few hours.

Just as I suspected.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

Those two should just get a room.

Offline RoosGirl

I just checked in to see what this thread had disintegrated to after a few hours.

Just as I suspected.

Not our best work, but pretty good, huh?

@Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

Gas is best.

And it's a Maytag!

I really should stop complaining about having to do laundry.  ^-^

Offline Smokin Joe

Whaddya mean? This was the gadget that set women free!

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Do you know what tin pants are?
Basically super heavy canvass oilcloth pants.
You don't wash em much... Because they suck to re-oil.
So pretty much, you wash em when they start to give you a rash.
If you've never had to wash a pair of tin pants with 3 months worth of gank on em...
yeah..

Offline RoosGirl

Do you know what tin pants are?
Basically super heavy canvass oilcloth pants.
You don't wash em much... Because they suck to re-oil.
So pretty much, you wash em when they start to give you a rash.
If you've never had to wash a pair of tin pants with 3 months worth of gank on em...
yeah..

No, I have never had to do that!

Silver Pines

@Frank Cannon

You need to watch Bates Motel, then.  Vera Farmiga is a combination of beautiful and crazy.  Love her.

Offline RoosGirl

@Frank Cannon

You need to watch Bates Motel, then.  Vera Farmiga is a combination of beautiful and crazy.  Love her.

I really enjoyed that show.

Silver Pines

Not by way of federal coercion.
You are becoming what you are supposed to fight against.

@roamer_1

They're all for shutting the press up right now, but in a few years when a Democrat gets into office, see how they like  it then.