Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80715 times)

Offline Concerned

If we’re really to the point where so-called conservatives are calling for more government regulation of the free press, I’ve truly lost hope for our republic.  God help us........Please! 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

Just to swing back to the OP for a moment.

That story that Trump wanted a tenfold increase in our nuclear arsenal? A lie. Thousand percent, a lie, and Trump called them out on it.

But, tomorrow Big Media gets to start up another lie, and another after that. But Trump won’t take it lying down. Pres. Trump has won a lot of battles so far. Let’s see how this one goes as it plays out.

Offline roamer_1

Meh, too.  All these pages and no resolution.

Still, I think it is a topic worthy of discussion.

That's right.
 :beer:

Offline roamer_1

If we’re really to the point where so-called conservatives are calling for more government regulation of the free press, I’ve truly lost hope for our republic.  God help us........Please!

QFT.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Meh, too.  All these pages and no resolution.

Still, I think it is a topic worthy of discussion.

If for no other reason than to remind ourselves why it's a bad idea.  **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That story that Trump wanted a tenfold increase in our nuclear arsenal? A lie. Thousand percent, a lie, and Trump called them out on it.

But, tomorrow Big Media gets to start up another lie, and another after that. But Trump won’t take it lying down. Pres. Trump has won a lot of battles so far. Let’s see how this one goes as it plays out.

Then he's going to have to take these lies on retail, as they come up.  He can't create a situation of wholesale media crushing.  No.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Ditto
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

It was not a lie.  The "ten fold" part might not be accurate, but I posted an interview that Reuters did with him back in January where he said the nuclear arsenal needed to be increased.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

QFT

If all Trump said is "they can be challenged", then the laws probably already exist (just like with immigration) versus those riding on their high horse, accusing others of wanting more regulation, etc. The usual garden variety of accusations from the self-righteous.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Breaking story next:

"White House staff says that Trump sometimes eats ice cream right from the container late at night....and leaves the spoon in the sink!!"

CNN:  "Sources close to MSNBC report a WH insider, is appalled and want the spoons cleaned, as stated in the Constitution."

MSNBC: "Sources close to CNN, call it a scandal of immense proportions never before seen in the WH kitchens. GOP official confirms his disgust over wealthy Trump, stealing bites of government ice cream. Calls for committee hearings, about Trump family freeloading."

HINT: "Ten fold" does NOT equal "increased" Not today and not last January.

Ten fold is a LIE, a word I do not often use.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know a lady, her eyesight got so bad, they took her license away, I guess in that way, it was challenged per existing laws but...

Whatever allows others to look down on others, "so-called conservatives".

:silly:

Offline Applewood

How do we know the NBC story was a lie?  Because Trump says it was?  Has he demanded proof of the story, such as a videotape or audiotape of the event where these remarks allegedly were made?  Does he have possession of evidence to refute the story? 

Seems to me Trump makes this fake news allegation only when something potentially embarrassing to him is reported.  I've seen a lot of "fake news" relevant to the Las Vegas massacre, but I don't see Trump squawking about that.  He is only interested in any reporting that impacts negatively on him. 

By the way, taking to Twitter to complain is not "winning."  If he has a problem with the way a story is presented, he or his counsel should be dealing with the news outlet directly and professionally.  Demand proof.  Present concrete evidence that the story is a lie.  Otherwise, he just cements his reputation of being a whiny little kid.

Offline DiogenesLamp

As long as people continue to be 'pragmatic' and vote party, we will continue to get politicians. The ENTIRE reason the congress is paralyzed right now is because of pragmatism being the word, rather than Conservatism.

Congress is paralyzed with fear of what the media will do to them if they do the job their constituents sent them there to do. 

They would get endless media rants about how they hate poor people,  women,  children and they are also racist!     The F***ing media runs this country,  and too many people are too dense to realize what has been going on around them for a long time. 

Why did we lose Vietnam?   Because the ginned up fake scandal convinced the population that we needed more Democrats to control that crooked Richard Nixon.   Democrats had no interest in keeping the agreement we made to secure peace in Vietnam,  they cut off aid,  and the NVA eventually took advantage and conquered the rest of the Country. 

Lying media upended the lives of millions of people and damaged the sacrifices and  world respect of the United States.   

Vote for men who will undoubtedly stand for Conservative principles, and you will begin to tip the balance the other way.

We NEED tried and true, true-blue, rock-ribbed, Conservative statesmen, and literally nothing else will do.

Until the American people understand that, nothing will change.
this current government is a symptom (including Tump).

Till the American people can see reasons for doing this on their television screens,  nothing will change.  Because the Liberal media censors will never let these reasons for doing so be seen on their monopoly controlled television channels nothing will change. 

We have a logjam on the flow of information to the American people.   We need to bust the log jam and let the information flow freely.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DB

If the media were winning Trump wouldn't be President.

The power to decide what is truth and what is not is supposed to rest with the people. Not the government. Not the media.

I don't want the government or the media defining what is "truth". This is just another example of why a number of Trump "conservatives" aren't conservative at all. Just another flavor of big government running roughshod over peoples lives.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the media were winning Trump wouldn't be President.

The power to decide what is truth and what is not is supposed to rest with the people. Not the government. Not the media.

I don't want the government or the media defining what is "truth". This is just another example of why a number of Trump "conservatives" aren't conservative at all. Just another flavor of big government running roughshod over peoples lives.
Правда (Pravda) translates as "Truth". For those of us who recall the Cold War and the days of Nikitia Kruschev beating a shoe on the podium, we know what that implies (lies the State wants you to hear).

If there is a lack of Conservative material in the media, then Conservatives need to produce and market that material.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Nice try to weasel out.

Don't you mean nice try on your part to deflect? 

You were the one whining about how a high percentage of the media is left-wing, yet you've done nothing to change that. 

And you know this how?   

Rather than lift a finger, your first reaction is to try to tear down America's Constitution.   

That is an accusation made by you people who do not want to really grasp the problem we face.   You aren't grasping the role that "free speech"  is intended to play in a society,  and why the founders thought it needed to be an enumerated right.

Why is free speech necessary?   I don't think you know.   You just run on mantras and cliches,  but you don't bore down to the bedrock theory of why we need freedom of speech.   To you it is just the way things always were,  and it sounds good,  so you pay lip service to the idea.   

What purpose is "free speech"  intended to serve in our system of governance?   

No.  Because attacking America's foundation is worse than worthless.

If you think that,  then stop defending those people who are doing it. 

I encourage you to rethink your position.

I encourage you to do the initial thinking on your position.   You don't seem to understand the purpose for which Freedom of Speech is necessary.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know a lady, her eyesight got so bad, they took her license away, I guess in that way, it was challenged per existing laws but...

Whatever allows others to look down on others, "so-called conservatives".

:silly:

It's rare to see a post so devoid of any kind of sense as this one I'm quoting.  WTF?
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

During the election, we were told to ignore the odors of fascism that seemed to be wafting from some corners of the Trump campaign.

Now, we're told to breathe deeply and inhale the full-fledged stench of government-controlled media.

You offered that delusion back then,    now you inform us all you that you checked with yourself,  and found yourself to be absolutely right about what you had previously believed. 

Confirmation bias.   

At this point i'm ready to say  "F*** controlling it.   Just burn the whole sonnofab*tch down. "   Kill Television in total,  and let people get their news from newspapers.   

The thing wouldn't even exist but for government approved licenses,  and the naive among us don't want "government"  involved in what was the very creation of government. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

That cannot - CANNOT - be done with regulation. All you are doing is setting up the Office of Propaganda. If you find it so repugnant, then encourage libel and slander suits. That is what is supposed to keep them flying right and telling the truth.

The post was about destroying what is existing by using the powers of government to wound and cripple it. 

The argument was not so much a matter of how it was done,  but rather a pointing out of the necessity of doing it.   If you want to drop an asteroid on it,  that's fine with me too,  but the point is allowing this propaganda system to continue with no meaningful opposition is a recipe for social and fiscal destruction. 

You made a decent argument that market forces are  damaging it,  and if this is the eventual result than I will be okay with that,   but I am however so concerned that this beast be slain that my go to position on it is "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure." 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

You think Big Government is the right tool for the job of revenge? 

When the only tool you've got is a hammer,  all your problems start to look like nails. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

When the only tool you've got is a hammer,  all your problems start to look like nails.

You say that like it's a positive attribute?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You say that like it's a positive attribute?

I thought maybe it was irony?

Offline DiogenesLamp

The founders wanted a marketplace of ideas, a free exchange of fire on the battlefield of logic and reason—not one party rule over the spread, or suppression, of information.

A concept which the cliche throwers can't seem to wrap their minds around.    They are so fixated on how things have always been done,  that they don't realize this system is violating the very reason for which the founders thought Freedom of Speech was so essential.   

If both sides can't reach the public,  one side is defacto denied freedom of speech. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought maybe it was irony?

I'm seriously shaking my head over that one.  If the only tool one has is Big Government, it's time to find a better toolbox.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

There isn't one party rule over the media. Conservatives these days have as many or more choices than they have ever had.

The  DANGER from one party control of the dominant media is not that conservatives will be unable to find information. 

The DANGER is that a misinformed public will act on incorrect or a lack of correct information. 

— Lord Melbourne —