Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80713 times)

Offline RoosGirl

You think Big Government is the right tool for the job of revenge?  Really?  That is at least as cringe-worthy as just about anything Obama or Clinton has ever done.

It's all about the feels, baby.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's all about the feels, baby.

I'm appalled.  Just about everything the Never Trump people have been warning us about Trump, right there in that one little word, "revenge."  Government enforced revenge.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

”As I said in an earlier post, the media DOES have too much power.  What do we know about Obama?  Nothing.

“What do we know about Sarah Palin?  Everything, including where she does her laundry.”

I love these two lines!

Any constitutionalist should be feeling their blood boil.

The founders wanted a marketplace of ideas, a free exchange of fire on the battlefield of logic and reason—not one party rule over the spread, or suppression, of information.

Offline Suppressed

I'm appalled.  Just about everything the Never Trump people have been warning us about Trump, right there in that one little word, "revenge."  Government enforced revenge.   **nononono*

Chilling, isn't it?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The founders wanted a marketplace of ideas, a free exchange of fire on the battlefield of logic and reason—not one party rule over the spread, or suppression, of information.

There isn't one party rule over the media. Conservatives these days have as many or more choices than they have ever had.

Offline RoosGirl

There isn't one party rule over the media. Conservatives these days have as many or more choices than they have ever had.

Yeah, but didn't you see that 36% of households get the MSM channels in their living rooms?  You know how you fix that?  The gov't should impose required watching/listening times over a variety of channels.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, but didn't you see that 36% of households get the MSM channels in their living rooms?  You know how you fix that?  The gov't should impose required watching/listening times over a variety of channels.

We need to add visual sensors to TVs so we can monitor audience viewing for enforcement of the mandatory watching/listening.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Well, that's what I said, isn't it?

I suggested making the standard for suing low enough so that it is possible to do so.

It is possible to do so.

And, you don't find it repugnant that the media has lied to us for years?  I do.  If you're from TOS, remember the joy in the land when Dan Rather was outed for blatantly lying about George W. Bush.  One of TOS's finest moments.

OF COURSE it offends me. And yes, I was there. I was on the very thread when it happened. THAT is how you beat the press. Magnify that process and keep them honest.

As I said in an earlier post, the media DOES have too much power.  What do we know about Obama?  Nothing.

What do we know about Sarah Palin?  Everything, including where she does her laundry.

If only the left put as much value on the right to bear arms as they do on free speech.

How many laws have been made abridging the right to bear arms in some ways?  Yeah, right.

And how many laws have been passed abridging some of the total rights of the media to lie, scam, slant and omit?

But those laws are existing already. Letting government mess with the press is exactly the wrong thing to do.

What will come of it will be the Office of Propaganda, mark my words.

Offline RoosGirl

We need to add visual sensors to TVs so we can monitor audience viewing for enforcement of the mandatory watching/listening.

Those sensors could be used for a lot of great things; making sure people are exercising enough, making sure they're eating the right things, reading the right books,etc.  The possibilities are endless!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
First amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It does NOT say that agencies of the FedGov have no role. The FCC was formed in 1934, and has regulated airwaves since then.

Under the current system, I just read that "White House staff says that Trump sometimes eats ice cream right from the container late at night....and leaves the spoon in the sink!!"

Could we go for a record number of posts, on that scandal?

FCC

"The Federal Communications Commission regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. An independent U.S. government agency overseen by Congress, the Commission is the federal agency responsible for implementing and enforcing America’s communications law and regulations."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Those sensors could be used for a lot of great things; making sure people are exercising enough, making sure they're eating the right things, reading the right books,etc.  The possibilities are endless!

:beer:   :beer:

(Getting in the beer before the Well Being Gestapo bans it.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You think Big Government is the right tool for the job of revenge?  Really?  That is at least as cringe-worthy as just about anything Obama or Clinton has ever done.

Did I say that?  Show me where I said that.

I said I want revenge.

But government has passed a lot of laws regulating and abridging the right to bear arms.

So why are you so terrified about some regulations being passed to regulate the press?

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

I am deeply offended by media lies, especially when those lies threaten my children’s future in an America which was handed down to us by the greatest generation relatively unchanged.

Today a 95 percent leftist media, plugged in to the democrat money machine, threatens that.

“Madam President Clinton” came close to being our reality. And that would have threatened the America that I inherited and love.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is possible to do so.

OF COURSE it offends me. And yes, I was there. I was on the very thread when it happened. THAT is how you beat the press. Magnify that process and keep them honest.

But those laws are existing already. Letting government mess with the press is exactly the wrong thing to do.

What will come of it will be the Office of Propaganda, mark my words.

Oh, come on.  We already have the Office of Propaganda.  It's called the New York Times.

I am not afraid of requiring the press to be both free and fair and not lie.  They lie every day.  Sometimes they do it blatantly and sometimes they are more subtle.  They can shape opinion so easily by totally ignoring some things, emphasizing others and shading the truth. 

How about requiring the press to print disclaimers ?  Would that hurt you?  Are you afraid that will throw us into the pit of evil?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
”As I said in an earlier post, the media DOES have too much power.  What do we know about Obama?  Nothing.

“What do we know about Sarah Palin?  Everything, including where she does her laundry.”

I love these two lines!

Any constitutionalist should be feeling their blood boil.

Thank you.  Me, too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did I say that?  Show me where I said that.

I said I want revenge.

But government has passed a lot of laws regulating and abridging the right to bear arms.

So why are you so terrified about some regulations being passed to regulate the press?

Where did I get that?  I quoted you.  If I misspelled something, I guess I'm mixed up.  If you don't think Big Government is what's required to pass the regulations you say are needed, then who is supposed to fill that function?  If not Big Government, then who are you asking to be the instrument for your revenge?  And, your last question...is that a serious question?  "So why are you so terrified about some regulations being passed to regulate the press?" 

I can't even begin to answer that one.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Where did I get that?  I quoted you.  If I misspelled something, I guess I'm mixed up.  If you don't think Big Government is what's required to pass the regulations you say are needed, then who is supposed to fill that function?  If not Big Government, then who are you asking to be the instrument for your revenge?  And, your last question...is that a serious question?  "So why are you so terrified about some regulations being passed to regulate the press?" 

Regulating bakers - bad.  Regulating newspapers - good.

Online roamer_1

I am not afraid of requiring the press to be both free and fair and not lie. 

That inevitably means a federally designated arbiter of truth. What happens when that 'Bureau of Truth' gets hijacked and bent to do the will of the Democrats next time?
You are literally advocating a Federal office of inquisition.

How about requiring the press to print disclaimers ?  Would that hurt you?  Are you afraid that will throw us into the pit of evil?

Knock yourself out. Probably just as useful as the disclaimers and warnings on a pack of cigarettes... Or the EULA you don't read when installing software.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Why not?  Why can't you begin to answer that one?

Laws and regulations are passed all the time.  A lot of them have been extremely harmful to the country.

Some of the environmental regulations have been a huge overreach and hurt people.

What about Obamacare?  Does that terrify you.

I'm not suggesting that government control the media.  I'm just suggesting that a few regulations regarding truth in media wouldn't hurt either one of us.

The truth shall set you free.

Offline aligncare

I don’t eat baked goods. But, I consume news. Both affect me, but not in the same way.

What are we talking about here? A bakers dozen in Seattle? Your comparing that to the epidemic of propaganda and political lies tearing red and blue states apart?

I think a sense of proportion is called for here.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not suggesting that government control the media.  I'm just suggesting that a few regulations regarding truth in media wouldn't hurt either one of us.

The truth shall set you free.

Wow.  Just wow.  Who, may I ask, would you appoint to be the "Truth Czar?"  Who decides what the truth is?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That inevitably means a federally designated arbiter of truth. What happens when that 'Bureau of Truth' gets hijacked and bent to do the will of the Democrats next time?
You are literally advocating a Federal office of inquisition.

Knock yourself out. Probably just as useful as the disclaimers and warnings on a pack of cigarettes... Or the EULA you don't read when installing software.

Well, duh.  How DID we kill cigarettes.  The media did help there.  They made it 'not cool' to smoke.

I'm not talking about that kind of disclaimer.  I'm talking about allowing feedback.  But, of course, the media would only print positive feedback ... I'll have to work on that.

But saying I want an 'arbiter of truth' is just another lie.  I want truth and I don't trust one arbiter.

Stop arguing with me.  I'm right and you know it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don’t eat baked goods. But, I consume news. Both affect me, but not in the same way.

What are we talking about here? A bakers dozen in Seattle? Your comparing that to the epidemic of propaganda and political lies tearing red and blue states apart?

I think a sense of proportion is called for here.

I agree.  This idea of crushing the freedom of the press is far, far more destructive than who can put what on a cake. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stop arguing with me.  I'm right and you know it.

I know no such thing.  But, I do know you guys are scaring the crap out of me.  And, I highly doubt I will comply with your demand to not argue with you about this.  You will have many voices not willing to STFU at your command.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Wow.  Just wow.  Who, may I ask, would you appoint to be the "Truth Czar?"  Who decides what the truth is?

Zackly.