Author Topic: MGM Resorts disputes Las Vegas police timeline of mass shooting  (Read 401 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MGM Resorts disputes Las Vegas police timeline of mass shooting
« on: October 11, 2017, 01:48:19 pm »

By Rachel Crosby Las Vegas Review-Journal
October 10, 2017 - 7:29 pm

Updated October 10, 2017 - 10:39 pm

MGM Resorts International on Tuesday disputed Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo’s revised timeline of the Oct. 1 mass shooting on the Strip.

But during an extensive Tuesday interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the sheriff stood by the revised timeline, then clarified it “could change even more.”

“This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts,” MGM Resorts spokeswoman Debra DeShong said in the statement, released late Tuesday. “As evidenced by law enforcement briefings over the past week, many facts are still unverified and continue to change as events are under review. We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publically, (sic) and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate.”

more
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-strip/mgm-resorts-disputes-las-vegas-police-timeline-of-mass-shooting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: MGM Resorts disputes Las Vegas police timeline of mass shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:00:18 pm »
Hmmm.  Is it possible they didn't call the police immediately? 

I don't understand why that bit of the time line is in dispute, but I guess we wait for clarification.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:02:10 pm »
Are they covering their behinds? Liability questions and lawsuits flying?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:03:28 pm »
I think this is the norm for complicated investigations. If the police say nothing then it looks like a cover-up. If they give what they've got at the time then the story will change over time.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:12:32 pm »
I think this is the norm for complicated investigations.

You keep parroting this canard. This is not a complicated investigation. This isn't finding a decapitated dead body in a locked room without a suspect. This is the easiest investigation ever. We know who the guy was and he was committing his crime in one of the most surveillance savvy places in the world.

There is no excuse in the world for this to be so poorly handled like it is.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »
You keep parroting this canard.

Or you keep making stuff up. I don't parrot anything.

This is not a complicated investigation.

If you say.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 03:26:30 pm »
Who Is Jesus Campos? Las Vegas Security Guard Raises New Questions About Shooting
Yahoo News, Oct 10, 2017, Newsweek

<snip>

But now, questions have been raised after Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo revised the timeline and said Campos had actually been shot about 9:59 p.m.—a full six minutes before the mass shooting began at 10:05 p.m.—which means the guard could have instead led Paddock to start opening fire on the crowd for fear of being caught.

Police have said it was difficult to identify the source of the bullets during the attack, and the confusion added more minutes to their lengthy response. But the revised timeline shows officers would have known where Paddock was before the mass shooting even started.

Did Campos call 911? What happened during those six minutes?

Much of Campos's story and background remains a mystery.

Campos's co-worker Liliana Rodriguez started a GoFundMe account for him on October 3, explaining that he'd been shot while on "random patrol" and it could have been "anyone of us."

More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/jesus-campos-las-vegas-security-223728950.html

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »
This is the kind of keystone crap that breeds conspiracy theories. It seemed to be settled, now I'm starting to wonder what's up.
The Republic is lost.