Author Topic: Goodbye, blue slips!?  (Read 535 times)

Offline endicom

Goodbye, blue slips!?
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »
PowerLine
Scott Johnson
Oct. 11, 2017

In news of interest to those of us who have been following the judicial confirmation wars in the Senate in general and in the matter of the nomination of Justice David Stras to the Eighth Circuit in particular, Fred Barnes reports that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has taken the reins, whipped the horse and expedited matters. Fred supplies this bill of particulars (the first of which I have slightly rewritten):

* McConnell has elevated the confirmation of judicial nominees to a top priority in the Senate. “I decide the priority,” McConnell said in an interview. “Priority between an assistant secretary of State and a conservative court judge—it’s not a hard choice to make.”

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/10/goodbye-blue-slips.php

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Goodbye, blue slips!?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:18 pm »
PowerLine
Scott Johnson
Oct. 11, 2017

In news of interest to those of us who have been following the judicial confirmation wars in the Senate in general and in the matter of the nomination of Justice David Stras to the Eighth Circuit in particular, Fred Barnes reports that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has taken the reins, whipped the horse and expedited matters. Fred supplies this bill of particulars (the first of which I have slightly rewritten):

* McConnell has elevated the confirmation of judicial nominees to a top priority in the Senate. “I decide the priority,” McConnell said in an interview. “Priority between an assistant secretary of State and a conservative court judge—it’s not a hard choice to make.”

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/10/goodbye-blue-slips.php

If the blue slips go it's a good thing for America!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Re: Goodbye, blue slips!?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:09:53 pm »
If the blue slips go it's a good thing for America!

Kudos to McConnell if he moves things along. For as long as Trump gives them the sort of nominees they want, they should move things along.