Author Topic: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!  (Read 16027 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2017, 06:19:26 am »
@DiogenesLamp

Have "the gays" even given up on her? Without them,she is less than nothing.

I have little heard of her before the dismembered head thing.  I couldn't tell you. 

What is happening to her now is the sort of thing that occurs when you go outside the "Overton Window."   

Yes,  I just wanted to mention the "Overton Window"  in an applicable context.  :) 

That is all. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »

Yes,  I just wanted to mention the "Overton Window"  in an applicable context.  :) 

Good for you!
Mine is 'waxing apoplectic', and it's really quite rare to be able to bring it up in conversation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2017, 04:11:37 pm »

I have little heard of her before the dismembered head thing.  I couldn't tell you.

When she was younger,but not really young,she got lucky and got cast as a minor character on a sorta successful sit-com,where surprisingly enough,she played a dingbat. Ok,maybe not so surprising.

Despite the fact that it became apparent after the show ended that what little brilliance she displayed as a second-tier character on the show came from the script. This didn't stop her from assuming she was a brilliant actress and comedienne though,and it seems evident she was arrogant and demanding when it came to getting new gigs,and nobody would hire her.

So she hit the stand-up routine based on her fame as a teebee comedienne,and pretty much bombed there,too. What little "gold" she struck came from making a few jokes about how homosexuals are treated,so they adopted her as a spokescritter/pet. I even saw one video where a group of homos on a chartered flight to some tropical island even hired her to do her stand-up "camp" routine for them mid-flight. For reasons that still escape me,part of her routine was to take some/most of her clothes off,and back then she had a seriously nice body. Don't ask me why homo males thought that was entertaining because I don't have a clue,but they seemed to eat it up.

Since then the only time I have heard from her was when she purposely involved herself in situations by making ridiculous statements in order to draw attention to herself and get her name out in the news. Even those efforts to be an attention whore failed,because after the initial report,nothing more would be heard about her.

Now she is trying to ride the leftist anti-Trump train into relevance. I don't think that is going to work for her,either. I don't think anything is going to work for her because once you scratch below her surface,I don't think you are going to find anything there.

What is happening to her now is the sort of thing that occurs when you go outside the "Overton Window."   

That is all.

Ok,am I going to have to buy a secret decoder ring,or are you going to tell us what that is?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:13:23 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2017, 04:26:04 pm »

Ok,am I going to have to buy a secret decoder ring,or are you going to tell us what that is?

Overton Window

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »
One Year Out and Donald Trump Is a Rock Star

One year out — How does the Trump presidency compare? It depends on who you ask. It depends on your metrics.

In terms of promises kept to the people who elected him? I rate Donald Trump the greatest president since FDR, including Ronald Reagan. By that standard, Donald Trump is a rock star! We’ve seen nothing like it.

Most presidents campaign on one track and then do the opposite after the election.

Trump has increased jobs, reduced illegal immigration, cut regulations, driven ISIS out of its cities, turned around the Supreme Court, finally fixed the worst flaws in the Veterans Administration and given Americans hope in their future. In terms of draining the swamp? He has been relentless, with pressure on both political parties.

https://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/fdr-reagan/2017/11/21/id/827524/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2017, 01:22:55 am »
One year out — How does the Trump presidency compare? It depends on who you ask. It depends on your metrics.

In terms of promises kept to the people who elected him? I rate Donald Trump the greatest president since FDR, including Ronald Reagan. By that standard, Donald Trump is a rock star! We’ve seen nothing like it.

Most presidents campaign on one track and then do the opposite after the election.

Trump has increased jobs, reduced illegal immigration, cut regulations, driven ISIS out of its cities, turned around the Supreme Court, finally fixed the worst flaws in the Veterans Administration and given Americans hope in their future. In terms of draining the swamp? He has been relentless, with pressure on both political parties.

I visualize Party People heads exploding all over the country as they read or hear this. ESPECIALLY the heads of those associated with elephants.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:51 am »
I visualize Party People heads exploding all over the country as they read or hear this. ESPECIALLY the heads of those associated with elephants.

Elephant heads make such a satisfying popping sound when they finally blow.  :laugh:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2017, 04:56:11 pm »

WINNING: Keith Olbermann has nothing left to say, reportedly retires from political commentary.

And from the comments: “Trump broke him.”

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/281857/#respond
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2017, 05:02:40 pm »

WINNING: Keith Olbermann has nothing left to say, reportedly retires from political commentary.

And from the comments: “Trump broke him.”

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/281857/#respond

@DiogenesLamp

I put this in the same category as all those who "promised" to leave the country if Trump won.  Keith Olbermann is not capable of keeping his mouth shut for long. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2017, 05:53:24 am »
Commentary: Donald Trump is done

By Garrison Keillor
Special to the Washington Post

October 30, 2017

When his old campaign manager was indicted Monday, Mr. Trump called me on the phone, crying like a baby, and begged me to endorse him. I said, "You're already president, Mr. President. You were elected." He said, "I'd still like your endorsement." I have a recording of the phone call. It's so sad. Donald Trump is done. He couldn't get elected dogcatcher in New York, his hometown. I was very very nice about it. Very nice. But New Yorkers love dogs and he does not. There are 14 recorded instances of him kicking small dogs, and I have documentary proof of all but two of them.

Plus many other instances of him running around grabbing women's cats. Knocked on the door, grabbed the cat, walked away. Just to show that a famous rich guy could get away with it. Where is the apology? No, the man couldn't even get a job as a school crossing guard in New York. Look at him leading his grandchildren toward the helicopter — thank God there's a Marine there to keep them from walking into the rotor.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-manafort-donald-trump-tweets-20171030-story.html

Looks like *YOU*  were the one that walked into a rotor you old windbag piece of sh*t!

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2017, 03:48:04 am »

By Garrison Keillor

October 30, 2017

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-manafort-donald-trump-tweets-20171030-story.html

Looks like *YOU*  were the one that walked into a rotor you old windbag piece of sh*t!

@DiogenesLamp

I have despised that posing,lying SOB ever since the first time I heard his radio show. There is just something about those Mn commies that really sets me off.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:48:31 am by sneakypete »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2017, 04:04:41 am »
@DiogenesLamp

I have despised that posing,lying SOB ever since the first time I heard his radio show. There is just something about those Mn commies that really sets me off.

Are MA Commies more to your liking?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2017, 04:23:57 am »
@DiogenesLamp

Is it the smarmy condescension? 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2017, 05:31:28 am »

By Garrison Keillor

October 30, 2017

It totally made my day, and maybe even my week, when that pretentious old gasbag was fired for sexual misbehavior.  What a horrible, self-righteous bore he is.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2017, 09:53:34 am »
Are MA Commies more to your liking?

@Frank Cannon

Depends on what I like them for. Mass commies are more belligerent than the whiny commies from Mn,but they both rate equally well for target practice.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:16 am »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2017, 10:46:21 pm »

JUST IN CASE YOU HADN’T NOTICED, while Trump got savaged for his “inappropriate” Pocahontas remark regarding Elizabeth Warren, note that she’s now being savaged from the left as a fake Indian, and even mocked on the Daily Show.

Plus, Trump’s “Frankenstien” tweet about Al Franken got a lot of flak, but Franken — like Warren — has gone from strong 2020 contender to damaged goods. Weird, huh?

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/just-in-case-you-hadnt-noticed-while-trump-got-savaged-for-his-inappropriate-pocahontas-remark-r/#respond

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2017, 12:55:27 am »

JUST IN CASE YOU HADN’T NOTICED, while Trump got savaged for his “inappropriate” Pocahontas remark regarding Elizabeth Warren, note that she’s now being savaged from the left as a fake Indian, and even mocked on the Daily Show.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/just-in-case-you-hadnt-noticed-while-trump-got-savaged-for-his-inappropriate-pocahontas-remark-r/#respond

So? Trump’s not, you know...presidential.

(...and to that I say yeah, but at minimum we got us a smokin’ hot First Lady outta the deal. Rejoice! And a Merry Christmas, too!!)

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2017, 08:10:31 pm »
Delingpole: Donald Trump Trolls Londonistan Like a Boss…

A key facet of his modus operandi is the way he manages to bypass a generally hostile media and speak directly to his constituency – essentially ordinary people who’ve had just about enough of politically correct nonsense – using social media.

Straight laced conservatives deplore this. They think it’s undignified. Even that it trivializes the presidential office and undermines Trump’s mission.

On the contrary, as Vox Day persuasively demonstrates in his new book SJWs Always Double Down , Trump wields Twitter like a cross between a surgeon’s scalpel and a theater commander’s Daisycutter bomb.

So, cut to the chase, what was Trump doing with these tweets?

First, let’s just establish what he was NOT doing:

Winning the hearts and minds of radical Muslims; making liberals love and respect him more; getting nice coverage in the Guardian and the New York Times; persuading Never Trumpers that they might have misjudged him; winning over Theresa May and the rest of the faux-Conservative political class.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/01/delingpole-donald-trump-trolls-londonistan-like-boss/
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2017, 11:16:14 am »
People shouldn’t be alarmed that the president is using social media. Everyone’s on it, especially millennials. It’s a normal part of most people’s lives. Just think of Donald Trump as America’s first millennial president.

A few years from now our children will think it funny that anyone ever had an issue with the president of the United States using Twitter.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2017, 01:06:53 pm »
People shouldn’t be alarmed that the president is using social media. Everyone’s on it, especially millennials. It’s a normal part of most people’s lives. Just think of Donald Trump as America’s first millennial president.

A few years from now our children will think it funny that anyone ever had an issue with the president of the United States using Twitter.

I’ve never heard anyone voice alarm that the President IS using social media (after all, it’s not like he’s breaking new ground simply by using it:  Obama used social media); however, I’ve heard many (myself included) who have voiced alarm about HOW Trump is using social media:  to spew childish nicknames, to attempt to settle petty squabbles, to distract, to mislead, to spread conspiracy theories/other unproven accusations, and to personally attack members of the party he’s supposed to be leading.  It’s HOW he’s using it that I believe is ultimately hurting him and is the cause for alarm.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2017, 01:12:37 pm »
I’ve never heard anyone voice alarm that the President IS using social media (after all, it’s not like he’s breaking new ground simply by using it:  Obama used social media); however, I’ve heard many (myself included) who have voiced alarm about HOW Trump is using social media:  to spew childish nicknames, to attempt to settle petty squabbles, to distract, to mislead, to spread conspiracy theories/other unproven accusations, and to personally attack members of the party he’s supposed to be leading.  It’s HOW he’s using it that I believe is ultimately hurting him and is the cause for alarm.

Agreed.  Trump's twitter antics have hurt his ability to govern.   My biggest concern is that they hurt his ability to attract and retain the folks he needs to implement his salutary agenda to roll back the leviathan state. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2017, 09:48:49 pm »

CIA Director Pompeo: Trump's Tweeting Has Actually Helped Us

Baier brought up Trump's tweets about the Muslim videos and asked Panetta why he thought "it was like playing with fire."

"When you tweet something like that out there you don't know what the consequences are going to be, and the consequences could be lives," Panetta replied solemnly. Baier turned to Pompeo: "One account on Twitter makes your job harder?" he asked. The CIA director's answer was almost certainly not what the host expected. "No, I don't know that that's the case," he replied. "I've actually seen it help us."

"I have seen things the president has put on his Twitter account actually have a real-world impact on our capacity to understand what's going on in other places of the world," Pompeo said. "That is, our adversaries responded to those tweets in ways that were helpful to us to understand command and control issues, who's listening to what messages, how those messages are resonating around the world," he added. Panetta seemed taken aback by Pompeo's answer.

Pompeo, as congenially as he could, went in for the kill.

Noting that the world is a dangerous place with more flash-points than ever, he calmly noted that "those all existed before January 20 of this year. So 'message discipline' -- as you referred to it -- got us to those places." The CIA director paused to let the slow burn hit those in the audience, who reacted with nervous laughter and a smattering of applause. He added, "What I mean is, we shouldn't over-attribute the place we find ourselves in the world today to things that may or may not have as much impact as folks like to suggest sometimes." Panetta flailed wildly in response: "You don't just roll a grenade in the room, have things blow up, then not have a strategy for how the hell you deal with it!"

https://pjmedia.com/trending/cia-director-pompeo-trumps-tweeting-actually-helped-us/
— Lord Melbourne —