Author Topic: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!  (Read 16019 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:09:35 pm »

Hey people! Look at an article I found on the internet!    I thought it was interesting.    It is just one of many reports I have seen showing that for some reason that D@mned fool Trump just keeps winning! 

I will post other articles along this vein as I notice them.   

Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams, wants players to stand during anthem

The NFL has developed a plan to "move past" its ongoing debate about player protests during the national anthem and could enact it next week, commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Tuesday in a letter to all 32 teams.

Goodell made it clear in the letter, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, that he wants players to stand during the anthem. He did not provide specifics on how he intends to ensure it, but he wrote that it would "include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20980456/roger-goodell-sends-letter-nfl-teams-wants-players-stand-national-anthem
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:30:24 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:01:00 am »
In victory for Trump, Supreme Court dismisses travel ban case

The decision effectively wipes the record clean in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, one of two federal appeals courts that had struck down major portions of Trump's travel ban. That case began in Maryland.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/10/victory-trump-supreme-court-dismisses-travel-ban-case/752401001/

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 04:39:39 am »
I think this is a pretty big deal that Donny tapped into. The fighting against the kneeling issue is a clear and definitive stand to take against the cultural Marxists. Everyone understands patriotism vs disrespectful behavior. That is why Donny is winning the day on it despite all the caterwauling about decorum from the McMuffin wing of the party.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:54:46 am »
I think this is a pretty big deal that Donny tapped into. The fighting against the kneeling issue is a clear and definitive stand to take against the cultural Marxists. Everyone understands patriotism vs disrespectful behavior. That is why Donny is winning the day on it despite all the caterwauling about decorum from the McMuffin wing of the party.

It kinda looks that way.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »

I believe his strategy in winning this confrontation was the brilliant idea of turning it into a confrontation and then framing the debate with his tweets.   

He didn't have to jump into this,  but I think he correctly recognized that this was low hanging fruit and if he challenged it,  he would come away the victor.   This was a can't lose confrontation for him,   and a can't possibly win confrontation for the NFL and the players.   

With his tweets,  he made it about disrespect for the nation.   The players tried to reframe it as a defiance of Trump,   but that could only work once,  (if that)   and the next game they couldn't argue that they were just "defying Trump".   At some point it couldn't be excused as that anymore,  and it would thereafter appear to reinforce Trump's point that they were disrespecting the nation.   

Trump picked this battle precisely because he knew he would win it. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:28 pm »
I'm a lot more interested in having the country win. 

Repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, build the wall, etc.  This football crap is a meaningless distraction.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 02:41:59 pm »
This football crap is a meaningless distraction.

It looks meaningless at first blush. If you look at it in a broader fashion this is a fairly important thing that is happening. Cultural rot is being taken head on and the good guys are winning. It could lead to further battles in this arena now that it has been shown they are winnable.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 02:53:24 pm »
This football crap is a meaningless distraction.

YEP... Distraction from 'what' would be the question. Is anyone still thinking about his disastrous courting with Pelosi and Shumer? He had to pump himself back up.

Not to say it isn't legit, but neither is it big. Americans tend to vote with their feet (see JCPennys, Target, in the reverse: Chil-Fil-A). If anything, he just brought it to a head.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:29 pm »
It looks meaningless at first blush. If you look at it in a broader fashion this is a fairly important thing that is happening. Cultural rot is being taken head on and the good guys are winning. It could lead to further battles in this arena now that it has been shown they are winnable.

This football thing is not meaningless at all.  It is a clear example of the division in America that was started by Obama and is being pushed by the left.

The players, on the whole, are not brilliant mentally.  There is not a single law in America that discriminates against Blacks.  In fact, Blacks are over-represented in Arts and sports considering their percentage of the population.

Football fans are generally regular, hard-working middle-class people who want to enjoy sports as a diversion and certainly don't want politics mixed in.

Another thing that is irritating middle-America is the disgusting behavior of Hollywood types and late night talk show scum.

The media is so overwhelmed with bias and so omni-present, we start feeling like we regular, decent people have become obsolete.

But, out in the real world, we are stronger than ever and madder than ever.

I think this is the kind of fed-up disgust that got Trump elected.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 06:16:39 pm »
I'm a lot more interested in having the country win. 

Repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, build the wall, etc.  This football crap is a meaningless distraction.

Actually it is not!  It is accomplishing something VERY important in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:37 pm »
YEP... Distraction from 'what' would be the question. Is anyone still thinking about his disastrous courting with Pelosi and Shumer? He had to pump himself back up.

Not to say it isn't legit, but neither is it big. Americans tend to vote with their feet (see JCPennys, Target, in the reverse: Chil-Fil-A). If anything, he just brought it to a head.

@roamer_1

Yep.  Trump's experienced at this kind of thing.  Every time he screws up, he pulls a distraction.  And it works.  Every time.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 07:41:53 pm »
Actually it is not!  It is accomplishing something VERY important in fact!

@Bigun

What is it accomplishing?  I'm asking sincerely.

There was pretty much of a consensus that jerk players protesting the anthem was disgusting.  Trump's statement that they should be fired was government overreach, pure and simple. 

He's the one who benefits.  He knew his supporters would react to the red meat he threw out, knew the left would scream in outrage, and bam---nobody's talking about policy anymore.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »

goopo    :thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:24 pm »
Trump Embraces the Culture War
Buchanan.com/blog, Oct 10, 2017, Patrick J. Buchanan

In the culture wars, Trump has rejected compromise or capitulation and decided to defend the ground on which his most loyal folks stand.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285498.0.html

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:52:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 08:17:35 pm »
@Bigun

What is it accomplishing?  I'm asking sincerely.

There was pretty much of a consensus that jerk players protesting the anthem was disgusting.  Trump's statement that they should be fired was government overreach, pure and simple. 

He's the one who benefits.  He knew his supporters would react to the red meat he threw out, knew the left would scream in outrage, and bam---nobody's talking about policy anymore.

It is awkening millions of formerly sleeping folks to what is happening to their country and it's traditions.  And that is a VERY good thing!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:05 pm »

Trump as a culture warrior is the guy who calls artillery down on his own lines.

Tossing a bit of red meat for personal support doesn't make up for the ongoing assault on our culture of decency.  Degrading the office with childish behavior.  Waffling on things like defunding PP, etc. 

Every bit of degradation and tearing down of decency is exactly what The Left has been trying to do for decades.  He's more for the enemy than us!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:54 pm »
It is awkening millions of formerly sleeping folks to what is happening to their country and it's traditions.  And that is a VERY good thing!

@Bigun

Where have you heard or read that millions are suddenly waking up?  I'd say those who have a problem with the protests are those who are already fed up.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 10:43:22 pm »
@Bigun

Where have you heard or read that millions are suddenly waking up?  I'd say those who have a problem with the protests are those who are already fed up.

I pay attention and do not let the media lead me to preconceived conclusions.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 10:49:28 pm »

What bigger audience of sleeping folks can you find than in the stands of a football game.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 10:52:34 pm »
@Bigun

Look around and see what is happening. People are burning season tickets, jerseys, memorabilia over this. Rating are plummeting at an ever increasing rate. Stands are empty. All of this is because Trump legitimized what everyone was thinking but afraid to act upon.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 11:09:25 pm »
@Bigun

This is the key point IMO. Everyone (especially Trump supporters) have lots of anecdote data, but does this translate into improved approval ratings, into an increase in the 46% share Trump got against Hillary?  I haven’t seen compelling data that this type of issue has had a meaningful impact on voter preference. Absent that it’s just noise IMO, but with so few other real legislative victories to tout, I’m not surprised the Trump supporters feel they need to celebrate this one.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 02:38:00 am »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"It looks meaningless at first blush. If you look at it in a broader fashion this is a fairly important thing that is happening. Cultural rot is being taken head on and the good guys are winning. It could lead to further battles in this arena now that it has been shown they are winnable."

Gee, Frank, this post ain't like you.
Sure that you're feelin' ok....?   ;)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 02:53:04 am »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"It looks meaningless at first blush. If you look at it in a broader fashion this is a fairly important thing that is happening. Cultural rot is being taken head on and the good guys are winning. It could lead to further battles in this arena now that it has been shown they are winnable."

Gee, Frank, this post ain't like you.
Sure that you're feelin' ok....?   ;)

I like @CatherineofAragon otherwise I would have used the typically blunt verbiage that I use on the rest of the azzholes.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 03:44:34 am »
Look around and see what is happening. People are burning season tickets, jerseys, memorabilia over this. Rating are plummeting at an ever increasing rate. Stands are empty. All of this is because Trump legitimized what everyone was thinking but afraid to act upon.

People don't get this,  but Trump is the little boy confronting the Emperor about his new clothes.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 11:46:13 am »
Trump as a culture warrior is the guy who calls artillery down on his own lines.

Tossing a bit of red meat for personal support doesn't make up for the ongoing assault on our culture of decency.  Degrading the office with childish behavior.  Waffling on things like defunding PP, etc. 

Every bit of degradation and tearing down of decency is exactly what The Left has been trying to do for decades.  He's more for the enemy than us!

You just don't want to see the winning.  If you did want to see the winning, you would see the winning, even if it was imaginary.
Repealing Obamacare
Building the Wall
Draining the Swamp
Locking up Crooked Hitlery.
and soon the largest tax cut in the history of the world...lol

Trump has won it all...just ask him.  Or the fascist sycophants cheering this victory over freedom.
The President took on the NFL...what a hero.
Big Win!!! :patriot: