Author Topic: We Encountered The B-2 Stealth Bomber At Night in Stormy Skies To Get These Crazy Cool Photos. Here’s How It Went.  (Read 436 times)

Offline endicom

The Aviationist
Todd Miller
Oct. 9, 2017

Close Encounter With Two Ghostly B-2 Spirit Stealth Bombers At Night.

“It’s go time!” The crew announcement snaps me from my sleep. It’s near zero hundred and we fly in dark skies over western Missouri. The anticipation amps up on FORCE 26, a 305th Air Mobility Wing (AMW) KC-10 from Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ (JBMDL). I hurriedly gather my camera equipment and follow the crew to the refueling station.

FORCE 26 skims the top of a storm front, slipping in and out of clouds. The KC-10 rattles, thumps and bounces in the bone jarring turbulence. I struggle to get seated and configure my camera for a hopeful, if not mercilessly difficult shot. I can see nothing but heavy grey clouds below and deep black skies behind. Unseen, three thirsty Spirits are surely closing quickly.

More... https://theaviationist.com/2017/10/09/we-encountered-the-b-2-stealth-bomber-at-night-in-stormy-skies-to-get-these-crazy-photos-heres-how-it-went/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Pretty cool pics.   I've sat next to the boom operator but it was a C130 getting fuel.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oh wow...wish we could post them here but they are name stamped....very cool photos indeed!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Oh wow...wish we could post them here but they are name stamped....very cool photos indeed!

And the site displays a copyright notice. You could have trouble if too much cheating took hold here.

Offline endicom

The shadow of the boom suggests perfect alignment. Don't know how they manage that.