Author Topic: Trump administration sends Congress three-part immigration reform agenda  (Read 518 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump administration sends Congress three-part immigration reform agenda
by Anna Giaritelli | Oct 8, 2017, 7:38 PM

President Trump will propose to Congress an immigration reform agenda focused on border security, interior enforcement, and the creation of a merit-based visa system, a senior White House official told reporters Sunday evening.

In response to speaking with interagencies and rank-and-file lawmakers, the administration compiled a list of to-do items as Congress mulls over how to respond to the winding down of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

The White House official made no mention of DACA, former President Barack Obama's 2012 executive action, but said the three items on the administration's proposal represent the top line findings of what various federal departments said was necessary to reform. The administration is expected to share its plan with Congress this week.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-administration-sends-congress-three-part-immigration-reform-agenda/article/2636895
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online libertybele

Re: Trump administration sends Congress three-part immigration reform agenda
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:31:42 pm »
How Congress reacts will be very telling ... I expect the usual roadblocks from the DEMS and the RINO's.  My eyes will be on Rubio in particular as it will be interesting to see which way he will lean after hearing all his excuses during his campaign for joining the Gang of 8.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump administration sends Congress three-part immigration reform agenda
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:31:52 pm »
How Congress reacts will be very telling ... I expect the usual roadblocks from the DEMS and the RINO's.  My eyes will be on Rubio in particular as it will be interesting to see which way he will lean after hearing all his excuses during his campaign for joining the Gang of 8.

I'm afraid the Republican caucus in the Senate will not disappoint.  The usual suspects, and a few surprises, will vote no.