Author Topic: Corker: Trump is setting up the country for World War III  (Read 4379 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Corker: Trump is setting up the country for World War III
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:50:46 am »
Corker: Trump is setting up the country for World War III
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 10/08/17 09:08 PM EDT

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said that President Trump’s threats to other countries could put the U.S. “on the path to World War III.”

Corker told The New York Times Sunday that Trump was treating the presidency like “a reality show” and acts “like he’s doing ‘The Apprentice’ or something.”

“He concerns me,” Corker told The Times. “He would have to concern anyone who cares about our nation.”

Corker’s comments come after Trump attacked the senator in a series of tweets on Sunday.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/354486-corker-trump-is-setting-up-the-country-for-world-war-iii
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Re: Corker: Trump is setting up the country for World War III
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:03:42 am »

Incidentally, metaphorically that's Sen. Cruz in the red dress asking WTF?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:56:41 am »
Corker is setting up the country for insolvency and collapse.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:00:24 am »

I already suspect Trump is another "Governor of Gutium"...
now I wonder about Corker. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 03:02:16 am »

Trump already has that in the bag....
when his over-the-top tax cuts for
rich oligarchs is shot down in flames,
the stock market will follow.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 03:10:57 am »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 03:11:15 am »
I do not watch televison news anymore. I just watch a good documentary.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 03:11:36 am »
@mystery-ak

"Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said that President Trump’s threats to other countries could put the U.S. “on the path to World War III.”

I said it many months ago. Corker is right, others are too timid to say it or not smart enough to see it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:03 am »

Things must be slow tonight at DU.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:38 am »

I voted for Trump... twice.
You do not want to know why.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 03:41:48 am »

Wealth envy is NOT conservative. Reagan cut taxes on the wealth, who you might learn pay most of the taxes to begin with.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 03:43:04 am »

I believe Bailout Bob isn't setting up, he already baked it in the cake.

"Dodd-Frank relief will be great for middle America."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 03:44:35 am »
@mystery-ak

"Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said that President Trump’s threats to other countries could put the U.S. “on the path to World War III.”

I said it many months ago. Corker is right, others are too timid to say it or not smart enough to see it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 03:44:35 am »
I voted for Trump... twice.
You do not want to know why.

I didn't vote for Trump.  But that doesn't cause me to recite typical DU class warfare nonsense.

Tax cuts for rich oligarchs?  Seriously?

Let me clue you in.  It's their friggin money.  They created it.  They earned it.  And no amount of envy entitles you to it.  Capisce?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 03:49:12 am »

"And you know what else?  I did some checking around, you're not a licensed therapist!............Road House!"

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 03:50:40 am »
  ol Bob also praised the recent Iran nuc deal, he's not to be trusted, in my book, but all this drama between the two is hilarious. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 03:54:32 am »

Wealth envy is NOT conservative. Reagan cut taxes on the wealth, who you might learn pay most of the taxes to begin with.

Thanks to one of Reagan's "tax reforms",  seniors must  pay income tax
on part of their Social  Security... and part of that law from back in the 80s
to calculate that senior tax burden is a dollar amount that was NEVER to be
increased with inflation. So it is a curse on the elderly that keeps on cursing
more and more every year.  I wonder what new rule the GOP has up its sleeve
now that is NOT indexed for inflation. I know the tax credits aren't that are
being touted as replacement of personal exemptions that are.

The irony is... IF the GOP's tax reform is passed [which is doubtful], I predict
that many here who are defending it will be hurt by it.  The devil is in the details.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 04:02:24 am »

increased with inflation. So it is a curse on the elderly that keeps on cursing
more and more every year.  I wonder what new rule the GOP has up its sleeve
now that is NOT indexed for inflation. I know the tax credits aren't that are
being touted as replacement of personal exemptions that are.

The irony is... IF the GOP's tax reform is passed [which is doubtful], I predict
that many here who are defending it will be hurt by it.  The devil is in the details.

Yes. I do believe you pine for the days when you had to write off your work socks and credit card interest to come out alive. You also probably get wet daydreaming about how awesome the 70% top marginal rate was in 1979. Oh the good old days.....for an economic illiterate.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 04:06:03 am »

I didn't vote for Trump.  But that doesn't cause me to recite typical DU class warfare nonsense.

Tax cuts for rich oligarchs?  Seriously?

You have accused me twice of being a democrat parrot .

It never ceases to amaze me how so many posters here use unfounded personal accusations
and personal insults instead of facts to argue their lack of a point. Surely they must know it
only makes THEM look bad.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:13:52 am by KingsX »

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 04:07:34 am »
Dem senator: Heed Corker’s ‘WWIII’ comment amid rising tensions with North Korea

By Brandon Conradis - 10/08/17 11:07 PM EDT

Hawaii's Sen. Brian Schatz (D) called on the public to heed Sen. Bob Corker’s (R-Tenn.) comment that President Trump could lead the U.S. toward ‘World War III,’ as tensions rise between Washington and North Korea.

“There’s a tendency to wonder about the politics of Corker’s interview. Ignore that, and listen to his warnings about an accidental war,” Schatz tweeted on Sunday night.

He went on to outline why the public should be concerned about the possibility of a conflict with North Korea, as Trump continues to direct his increasingly antagonistic rhetoric at Pyongyang.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/354490-dem-senator-heed-corkers-wwiii-comment-amid-rising-tensions-with-north-korea

Offline KingsX

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 04:09:18 am »

Yes. I do believe you pine for the days when you had to write off your work socks and credit card interest to come out alive. You also probably get wet daydreaming about how awesome the 70% top marginal rate was in 1979. Oh the good old days.....for an economic illiterate.

I am a stranger to you... yet you claim to know all about me personally.
Go back and read what I just posted on my previous post.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 04:27:29 am »

I am a stranger to you... yet you claim to know all about me personally.
Go back and read what I just posted on my previous post.

Nah. I know who you are. You've been here forever under different screen names. Someone who claims to the the right wingiest right winger yet talks in the verbage of a Karl Marx red diaper baby. It has been shown to you in detail that these poor people you claim you are worried about don't pay taxes and in most cases get a welfare check in the form of the EIC, yet you keep whining about the mean Republicans making them pay more. You whine about taxes on Social Security like it is a God given right to get that payment to retire on when the system wasn't even designed for that shit. It was a safety net for derelicts that wasn't even supposed to be available to someone till well past life expectancy. You whine that the rich are getting all the benefits in this tax code like all of the top tier taxpayers (who shoulder a majority of the tax burdon) are Scrooge McDuck swimming in a pool full of gold coins and not some small business owners.

I know you very well and apperently many others here do too. That is why no one is buying your bullshit that you've been selling for a solid 2 weeks.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 04:33:56 am »
increased with inflation.

That is ironic since it was Reagan who indexed the tax tables to begin with.  The tax on social security benefits were more than offset by cuts to income tax rates.  Only 50% of social security benefits were taxable at a maximum rate of 28% (i.e. a maximum 14% tax on social security benefits for retirees making over $100,000 in supplemental income).  That is preferable to a 70% tax on supplemental income.

In 1994, Democrats would increase that threshold from 50% to 85% which is where it stands today.

So it is a curse on the elderly that keeps on cursing
more and more every year.

Social security itself is a curse on the elderly.  If they had been allowed to invest that money themselves instead of handing it over at the point of a gun to the government ponzi scheme, they would all be millionaires when they retire.

I wonder what new rule the GOP has up its sleeve
now that is NOT indexed for inflation.

Hopefully, they will decide to stop paying social security benefits to people who are below retirement age.  And maybe they will implement a flat tax so that everyone pays the same rate.  Nothing could be more fair than that.

I know the tax credits aren't that are being touted as replacement of personal exemptions that are.

Tax credits are nothing more than a means of using the IRS to directly redistribute wealth.

What is your definition of "hurt by it"? 

Anything that gets us to a flat tax is OK by me.  There are millions of working Americans today that aren't paying a dime in income taxes.  They need to start.  Conversely, there are millions of Americans who are paying taxes into a ponzi scheme.  That needs to stop.

But the most important part of all has nothing to do with taxes.  It has to do with spending.  Until spending is reduced to 19% of GDP, none of this will mean a thing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 04:44:04 am »

Nah. I know who you are. You've been here forever under different screen names.

WRONG, as usual.

Someone who claims to the the right wingiest right winger yet talks in the verbage of a Karl Marx red diaper baby.

WRONG... and the irony is... you couldn't be more WRONG if you tried. 

I know you very well and apperently many others here do too.

WRONG again, as usual.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 04:46:36 am »

You have accused me twice of being a democrat parrot .

Uh, no.  I accused you of reciting Democrat talking points.  I never said you were a Democrat.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many posters here use unfounded personal accusations
and personal insults

Unfounded?  First of all, my statements were not unfounded.  They were a response to what you posted.  Secondly, they weren't personal insults.  They addressed what you typed, not who you are.  btw, this is the exact same type of diversion that liberals use.  Not saying that you are a liberal.  But it is still what liberals do.

.  .  .  instead of facts to argue their lack of a point.

I take it that you didn't bother to read what I posted.

Surely they must know it
only makes THEM look bad.

Let's review, shall we?  This discussion started out because you made some asinine comment about taxing the rich.  I immediately responded to your claim by truthfully stating that there was no such thing as a wealth tax in America (although Bernie Sanders is currently advocating for one).  So who is looking bad here?  Were you able to defend your position?  No.  Did you even make an attempt to defend your position?  No.  And why is that?  Is it because you knew deep down what you were saying was a lie?  Or was it because you were just too stupid to realize the idiocy of your statement?  Or maybe it is because you are so blinded by emotion, that you are incapable of having an honest debate on this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-