Author Topic: Trump Defends Throwing Paper Towels to Hurricane Survivors in Puerto Rico  (Read 574 times)

Offline corbe

Trump Defends Throwing Paper Towels to Hurricane Survivors in Puerto Rico

by Daniella Silva
Oct 8 2017, 4:16 pm ET

President Donald Trump defended throwing paper towels into a crowd of Puerto Ricans at a relief center in the hurricane-ravaged territory earlier this week and lauded federal relief efforts.

“They had these beautiful, soft towels. Very good towels,” Trump told Mike Huckabee during an interview Saturday with Christian network Trinity Broadcasting.

Trump’s White House Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, is Mike Huckabee’s daughter.

“And I came in and there was a crowd of a lot of people. And they were screaming and they were loving everything. I was having fun, they were having fun,” he added. “They said, 'Throw 'em to me! Throw 'em to me Mr. President!”

<..snip..>

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-defends-throwing-paper-towels-hurricane-survivors-puerto-rico-n808861
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I'm not even stoned but I couldn't stop laughing at the hysterics of it all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline endicom

This is nuts. People enjoyed a light moment in the midst of their trial and that becomes an issue.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is nuts. People enjoyed a light moment in the midst of their trial and that becomes an issue.
Liberals hate fun. QED
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

TTIUWSWO    (this thread is useless without Susan Wrights opinion)

President Trump Laments the Lack of Appreciation for Single-Handedly Saving Puerto Rico
   Posted at 10:30 pm on October 8, 2017 by Susan Wright

It never stops with this guy.

At some point, you have to admit that he’s not going to get any better. He’s always going to be an egotistical, delusional reprobate.

His supporters, on the other hand, will continue to make excuses for every betrayal, or every dumb move.

Take for instance, his response to Hurricane Maria and Puerto Rico’s humanitarian crisis.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/10/08/president-trump-laments-lack-appreciation-single-handedly-saving-puerto-rico/

*sure, I'm trolling the usual suspects.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
   TTIUWSWO    (this thread is useless without Susan Wrights opinion)

President Trump Laments the Lack of Appreciation for Single-Handedly Saving Puerto Rico
   Posted at 10:30 pm on October 8, 2017 by Susan Wright

It never stops with this guy.

At some point, you have to admit that he’s not going to get any better. He’s always going to be an egotistical, delusional reprobate.

His supporters, on the other hand, will continue to make excuses for every betrayal, or every dumb move.

Take for instance, his response to Hurricane Maria and Puerto Rico’s humanitarian crisis.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/10/08/president-trump-laments-lack-appreciation-single-handedly-saving-puerto-rico/

*sure, I'm trolling the usual suspects.
Well, I'm not one of the usual suspects, but I will say there has been a lot of hyperbole on both sides.

Underlying all of this, and the part NO ONE is talking about is the problem of hauling a bunch of stuff to some place that has no place to put it, no way to move it, and no way to make room on the dock. No electricity, no computers, little fuel, few drivers, sort cargo by finding the 'right' container, using hard copy manifests if even those are available, no communications with the mountainous interior, trees and power grid down, blocked roads, etc., etc., etc.

There are very real logistical considerations like getting the boats off the runways so planes can land, and getting ATC gear back up to handle air traffic safely.

In short, there is a lot to be done before putting the POTUS down in the middle of all that and disrupting whatever is going on. Because security zones, Secret Service, etc. are disruptive. (Did anyone forget the Obamas commonly cleared entire floors of hotels they stayed in?--and that on a fully planned visit).

Besides, while it is nice to have POTUS there to show the flag and hobnob with the locals, the most important mission was to clear the fouled infrastructure and get the essentials rolling in and being distributed.

While the left is going on about epidemics that just didn't happen, others are complaining about him staying the heck out of the way and letting those who handle emergencies get the ball rolling.

At some point, the tweet about doing so much and being thanked by so few has an element of truth, but I would wager that except for the pols in PR who are trying to make hay out of a disaster, there are a lot of people without access to a microphone or who aren't so angry, but are and will be thankful that the intervention being done on their behalf is taking place. They just don't get to say so on national teevee.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

To quote Sgt Hulka: "Lighten up Francis."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.